Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 07:27 PM

339 posts, read 2,204,692 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to compile a top 10 list for each character. By this I mean episodes where the character had a defining moment. Here's what I have so far, please help me think of some others:

George Costanza:
1. The Marine Biologist (speaks for itself)
2. The Comeback (the jerk store)
3. The Susie (believe it or not, george isn't at home)
4. The Wallet (his wallet is exploding)
5. The Hamptons (I was in the water...there was shrinkage)
6. The Opposite (when Steinbrener hires him)
7. The Butter Shave (When he acts handicapped)

Elaine:
1. The Soup Nazi (when she puts him out of business)
2. The Stall (I do not have a square to spare)
3. The Scufflaw (When she throws George's toupee out the window)
4. The Little Kicks (her dance)
5. The Pen (STELLA!!)
6. The Muffin Top (Top of the muffin to you)

Kramer:
1. The Junior Mint (When Jerry slaps the mint out of his hands)
2. The Boyfriend Part 1/2 (Magic Loogie)

Jerry:
1. The Pick (Jerry is caught picking his nose)

As you can see, I really, really need help with the last two, so help me out if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 08:39 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,501,453 times
Elaine:

7. The Nip (where her boyfriend confronts her at work about the holiday card)

Old 09-21-2009, 09:39 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,851,661 times
Kramer had that less than stellar performance at that comedy club we all saw on the news. Oh wait....was that not an episode of Seinfield?

Old 09-21-2009, 10:05 PM

2,745 posts, read 6,462,023 times
I don't know the names of episodes I just remember the basic plot.

Kramer:
when he tries to imitate the movie phone
when he bakes his clothes in a pizza oven
The Hot Tub
The Van Buren Boys

Jerry:
I choose not to run! (The Race I think)
The Rye
When he is dating a woman whose name rhymes with a female body part. Mulva?

George:
The Conversion
Bubble Boy

Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 PM

457 posts, read 1,344,964 times
Kramer has so many I can't even think of one off the top of my head.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:29 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,160,787 times
some Kramer moments:
Kramer's other inventions and ideas
A pizzeria where you make your own pizza pie. It falters because of a dispute between Kramer and Poppie over whether cucumbers can be pizza toppings ("The Couch").
Installing a garbage disposal as the drain in his shower, so that he could prepare vegetables while showering ("The Apology").
Redoing his entire apartment in imitation wood wallpaper - "It's wood, Jerry." ("The Junior Mint").
Redecorating his apartment with the set of The Merv Griffin Show ("The Merv Griffin Show").
Adding a screen door outside his apartment front door ("The Serenity Now").
Using the homeless to pull rickshaws in New York City ("The Bookstore").
Reversing the peephole in his apartment front door so he can see inside to see if someone was waiting to ambush him with a sock full of pennies. Ironically, this very thing happened to another character at the end of the episode ("The Reverse Peephole").
Owning his own chicken to obtain fresh eggs. He later discovers that the chicken is really a rooster and trains him to become a **** fighter ("The Little Jerry").
Saving his blood in a refrigerator ("The Blood").
Joining Newman who re-attempts an original (and refined) idea by Kramer. Using a mail truck to take cans to a Michigan recycling plant, where the bottle deposit return is worth 10¢, as opposed to New York's 5¢ ("The Bottle Deposit").
Getting rid of his refrigerator so that he would only eat fresh food ("The Soup").
Placing oil in a giant rubber bladder to prevent oil spills. However, during the test of the giant ball of oil at Play Now, it falls on the unsuspecting head of Jerry's girlfriend, after which he complacently remarks 'Well that didn't work' and has the idea to put Ketchup and Mustard in the same bottle. ("The Voice").
A small statue of Jerry made of fusilli pasta (because he's silly), a macaroni statue of Bette Midler (Macaroni Midler), and a ravioli statue of George (presumably "ravioli George"). All pastas "capture the essence" of their respective personae. ("The Fusilli Jerry", "The Understudy")
A cologne that smells of the beach, an idea which is eventually stolen by Calvin Klein. ("The Pez Dispenser" and "The Pick")
Blacking out the divider stripes on two of the lanes in a four lane highway to make it more "luxurious." ("The Pothole")
A brassiere for men. Kramer and Frank Costanza dream this up as a business partnership. It never happens because they strongly disagree over the name for this product: Kramer wants to call it the "Bro", Mr. Costanza wants to call it the "Manssiere".
A Necktie dispenser to replace dirty ones, as seen in ("The Stock Tip")
Vowing to only wear clothes which were fresh out of the dryer. He ends up baking the clothes in the oven, having run out of quarters for the machine, as seen in "The Calzone."
Adding wooden levels to his apartment to create space and eliminate furniture. Seen in both ("The Pony Remark") and in the pilot which Jerry and George create for NBC.
A restaurant that serves only peanut-butter and jelly, called PB and J's. ("The Friars Club")

Old 09-21-2009, 11:03 PM

For Jerry-there were various things like:
In the episode "The Serenity Now", Jerry lets out his emotions and cries, and is perplexed by the experience "What is this salty discharge?"

In "The Mango", Kramer gets Jerry to buy fruit for him, after Kramer gets banned from the store, over an argument with the owner. This is until the owner bans him because his order is similar enough to Kramer's, that it's obvious he's buying fruit for Kramer.

in "The Chicken Roaster" which Kramer and Jerry exchange apartments resulting in also switching personalities.

There is only one episode which his hairstyle is changed after he reluctantly agreed to get his hair done by an Italian barber in "The Barber".

he has to wear the "pirate shirt" in "The Puffy Shirt--" I don't want to be a pirate!"

The KIss Hello-Jerry's Nana calls him to open up a bottle of ketchup. While walking down the street, Jerry and George meet Elaine and her friend, Wendy, who is a physical therapist. Jerry regrets once kissing Wendy on the cheek because now he has to kiss hello every time.Since Kramer has placed all of the tenants' photos on the wall in the building lobby, everyone has become extremely friendly. Unfortunately for Jerry, he is kissed hello by a neighbor, then more neighbors

"The Outing" - Jerry and George insisting that they aren't gay ("Not that there's anything wrong with that")

"The Mango" - Elaine admitting that she faked her orgasms with Jerry

The Seven-A girlfriend piques Jerry's interest by always wearing the same dress.

Jerry Seinfeld's opposite-gender equivalent Jeannie Steinman on Seinfeld w/Janeane Garofalo

Old 09-21-2009, 11:30 PM

some plot lines involving Elaine:

The Tape- Elaine anonymously leaves an erotic message on Jerry's tape recorder which Jerry, George, and Kramer become obsessed with.

The Sponge

After learning that her prophylactic of choice is being discontinued, Elaine buys a case of Today sponges and scrutinizes her dates for their sponge-worthiness.

The Deal
Jerry and Elaine believe that they have found a fool-proof way to start having sex again but still remain just friends, but they quickly start encountering problems.

The Red Dot

George gets a job at Elaine's office and gets involved with the cleaning woman. Elaine's boyfriend is a recovering alcoholic who falls off the wagon because of Jerry's carelessness. George buys Elaine a marked-down cashmere sweater

The Airport
Jerry and Elaine are returning from one of Jerry's gigs in Saint Louis. George is supposed to pick them up at Kennedy airport. The two are forced to switch to a different flight, one that arrives at Laguardia. Elaine suffers a series of degradations in the coach section of the airplane, while Jerry is pampered in first class, and enjoys the company of a sexy model. George and Kramer dash from airport to airport to meet the flight, which is eventually re-routed back to Kennedy.

The Old Man
Elaine gets the gang to volunteer at an old folks' home. She gets freaked out by hers

The Bizarro Jerry
Elaine meets her new boyfriend's friends, and realizes the group of them are the exact opposites of Jerry and his friends.

The Implant
Jerry insists that his new girlfriend has implants. But she keeps insisting that they're "real and spectacular". The mystery goes even deeper when Elaine meets her in the sauna and trips and lands on her breasts.

The Beard
Elaine attempts to convert a gay man to heterosexuality

The Engagement
Elaine has problem sleeping in her new apartment because of a dog that keeps barking. Meanwhile, George get back together with Susan Ross. He proposed to her and she said yes after a few hours of convincing. Kramer has a solution to help Elaine. Elaine likes his solution. Kramer and Newman then helps her to commit a dog-napping which s Kramer's idea.

The Susie

A co-worker of Elaine's thinks Elaine is called Susie, and Elaine doesn't bother to correct her, when she badmouths Elaine to "Susie." Elaine complains of this to Jerry, who commiserates with her. Later, Peggy gets "Susie" called in front of Peterman, who demands that Elaine be there also. Elaine finds a way to wriggle out of the situation so that neither realizes Susie doesn't exist.

The English Patient

Elaine is dragged to see the movie "The English Patient" on multiple occasions, even though she absolutely hates the film.

The Slicer

Elaine borrows Kramer's meat slicer to feed her neighbor's cat while George tries to hide his not-so-great past from his new boss.

Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,609,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post

Jerry Seinfeld's opposite-gender equivalent Jeannie Steinman on Seinfeld w/Janeane Garofalo
It wasnt Garafalo, but Tracy Nelson, Rickys daughter. Wish she was on longer then one episode.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
It wasnt Garafalo, but Tracy Nelson, Rickys daughter. Wish she was on longer then one episode.
no-sorry, you are incorrect. I KNOW my Seinfeld
Garafalo was on the Invitation episode and the character Jerry was briefly engaged to.
You're thinking of the Cartoon episode that Tracy Nelson guested on as George's girlfriend.

Last edited by Élan vital; 09-22-2009 at 09:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV