Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 06:40 AM

782 posts, read 1,108,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Yup. Possibly one could ask "why hasn't she made new friends where she lives now?" However I think her life during the series has been a bit "up in the air." It also might be harder for her to trust people after all that's happened.

I am a bit open to the idea that sometimes the character are maybe a bit too closed off. Kalinda, Alicia, Peter, Will, and Eli being closed-off makes some sense. Hmm okay that's about everyone. Still it does feel like there should be someone in their world who has a healthy and honest relationship with someone else. (Even if it's just so they can stare at them and be like "what's that like?" Oddly the slick and conniving Michael J. Fox character was shown to have, as I recall, to have the most sane and idyllic home-life of any of them. I think they indicated or implied the wife knew what he did, but just wasn't interested, and he seemed to have a weird honor about his position as corporate shark.) I'm not even sure if the kids could fit that description.
Diane Lockhart!!! thats the lawyer who's name I couldn't remember!! I think she has led a "normal" life...When she had a love interest she had him investigated which, given her status, was prudent. When she was being recruited for public office she let the opportunity go because it interfered with her values. All thru the show she has mentored Alicia. I have to admit, I have always looked for her to raise an ugly monster head of jealousy so she could stab Alicia in the back and have been happily disappointed thus far. If Alicia ever made partner she and Diane could well be chums but not while Alicia is a subordinate. This is all healthy and normal
Kalinda and Alicias friendship has never had much depth but that is because Kalinda holds everyone at arms length. Her secrets have been alluded to but have never been fully brought to light.
The fact that Peter slept with Kalinda was THE straw that broke the camels back for Alicia. He had promised Alicia there were no more skeletons...it was a case of what you don't know won't hurt you. And his statement "She wasn't your friend when it happened" proved just how true that was and what a skunk he is.
The Kids!! They are a shinning example of just how entitled their lifestyle was before their Fathers fall from grace. I couldn't believe the son didn't say something to Alicia about the photos being dropped at their door?? Does she even know about this at all?? But, I must say at least he has been proactive in dealing with the families situation..because he took an "active role" in his fathers investigation he has dealt with his emotions on the matter as they happened. The daughter on the other hand has not been as proactive and has basically stuffed her emotions...based on this I fear somewhere in the plot line she will have a battle with drugs and/or alchohol. Her reasoning will be "My childhood was snatched from me, my Father was in prison and my Mother worked all the time"
Cary is kind of straddling the abyss between Alicias normal world and Peters dark side..I will be curious to see where he finally ends up. He has alot of energy and drive...which ever side he ends up on he will definately be a driving a force.
Eli...He is truely the only one that knows what is going on and he handles it all with true finesse. I think he sees Peter for who he is now. And, I understand why he chose Lockhart Gardner to align with..but I wonder if there is an ulterior motive...I wonder if he loves Alicia from afar. I am sure he knows it would never be possible but in 10 years (in tv time) when this all over ??? I can definately see them being friends for life because she has earned his respect more then anything. But as I said, I think he is falling in love with her.
You might say this program has truely captured my interest...I am so embarrassed. I didn't realize I was THIS involved until I started writing this. Laughing at myself totally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,810,235 times
I LOVE this show I can see it playing in syndication heaven in the future.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:24 AM

782 posts, read 1,108,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
I LOVE this show I can see it playing in syndication heaven in the future.

Yes, me too!!

Old 09-30-2011, 11:31 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,071,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
Diane Lockhart!!! thats the lawyer who's name I couldn't remember!! I think she has led a "normal" life...When she had a love interest she had him investigated which, given her status, was prudent. When she was being recruited for public office she let the opportunity go because it interfered with her values. All thru the show she has mentored Alicia. I have to admit, I have always looked for her to raise an ugly monster head of jealousy so she could stab Alicia in the back and have been happily disappointed thus far. If Alicia ever made partner she and Diane could well be chums but not while Alicia is a subordinate. This is all healthy and normal
Kalinda and Alicias friendship has never had much depth but that is because Kalinda holds everyone at arms length. Her secrets have been alluded to but have never been fully brought to light.
The fact that Peter slept with Kalinda was THE straw that broke the camels back for Alicia. He had promised Alicia there were no more skeletons...it was a case of what you don't know won't hurt you. And his statement "She wasn't your friend when it happened" proved just how true that was and what a skunk he is.
The Kids!! They are a shinning example of just how entitled their lifestyle was before their Fathers fall from grace. I couldn't believe the son didn't say something to Alicia about the photos being dropped at their door?? Does she even know about this at all?? But, I must say at least he has been proactive in dealing with the families situation..because he took an "active role" in his fathers investigation he has dealt with his emotions on the matter as they happened. The daughter on the other hand has not been as proactive and has basically stuffed her emotions...based on this I fear somewhere in the plot line she will have a battle with drugs and/or alchohol. Her reasoning will be "My childhood was snatched from me, my Father was in prison and my Mother worked all the time"
Cary is kind of straddling the abyss between Alicias normal world and Peters dark side..I will be curious to see where he finally ends up. He has alot of energy and drive...which ever side he ends up on he will definately be a driving a force.
Eli...He is truely the only one that knows what is going on and he handles it all with true finesse. I think he sees Peter for who he is now. And, I understand why he chose Lockhart Gardner to align with..but I wonder if there is an ulterior motive...I wonder if he loves Alicia from afar. I am sure he knows it would never be possible but in 10 years (in tv time) when this all over ??? I can definately see them being friends for life because she has earned his respect more then anything. But as I said, I think he is falling in love with her.
You might say this program has truely captured my interest...I am so embarrassed. I didn't realize I was THIS involved until I started writing this. Laughing at myself totally.

Dont be embarassed it takes talent to write what you just wrote about something . Maybe you should consider writing books for a living or editing even . Your sentences were clear and concise and this piece that you wrote was very well thought out . I thoroughly enjoyed reading someone elses take on this show .

Old 09-30-2011, 01:37 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongtimeBravesFan View Post
How did Kalinda become her "best friend"? They didn't know each other before Alicia joined the firm did she? Does Alicia know her BFF bats from both sides of the plate?

I'd like to see the head lawyer's gun expert boyfriend come back.

I really don't want this to turn into some steamy soap opera show with her and Will's affair and sex scenes every week. (Though if she and Kalinda hooked up........).
It's not uncommon to meet one's best friend at work, it makes total sense to me that Kalinda would become her closest friend, they hit it off right away, and worked closely together on many cases. We have to remember Alicia started as a first year associate competing with Cary for a job, her hours at the firm would be insane, there would be no time for outside friends, especially since she would want to spend her tiny amount of free time with her kids. I don't think Alicia would care that Kalinda is bisexual. Who knows if Kalinda ever mentioned any women to Alicia, I bet she would have in time if a woman ever became really important to her.

I liked Diane and the gun expert, I like seeing Diane have a personal life.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:56 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,031,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanygirl View Post
I would love that! Maybe we can get jobs as writers!

Old 10-01-2011, 01:55 AM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
I love this show. But, I'm disappointed that the writers chose to break up the friendship between Alicia and Kalinda. They have great chemistry and could be a powerful investigative team on the show.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:27 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I love this show. But, I'm disappointed that the writers chose to break up the friendship between Alicia and Kalinda. They have great chemistry and could be a powerful investigative team on the show.
I know, I hope they make up at some point. Keeping it from Alicia was a betrayal, but not an unforgivable forever one, IMO

Old 10-02-2011, 12:57 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Did a new season start? Or are you discussing reruns?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:12 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Did a new season start? Or are you discussing reruns?
The new season started last week I think. What I remember of it

Alicia and Will are having lots of sex, but seem somewhat emotionally distant in their relationship, while acting a bit snippy to each other at work to maybe "cover it." Diane is clearly suspicious though.

Eli knows more or less. Some Jewish guy tried to guilt him for doing a PR campaign for Muslims after a Jewish group turned him down. It didn't work and I'm not sure how sincere the Jewish guy (who I think is the actor from House) was being with the "It's an anti-Semitic world situation and we Jews have to stick together, blah blah."

They represented a Muslim accused of attacking or killing a Jewish guy, but it turned out the whole thing was about the Jewish guy and his lapsed Muslim boyfriend having a bad break up.

Peter wants to be more tough-on-crime and cleaner than last time. Probably he's even decided reconciliation with Alicia is not happening, but maybe not.

The daughter had some weird tutor, who she eventually decided she liked.

The son still exists, I think, but I don't recall him doing anything in this one.

It's been a week, and I might be missing some crucial elements, but hopefully that's enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV