Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2014, 07:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
anybody else recognize one of the NSA guys as the star of Ugly Betty (the gay guy)? I think he had another series which didn't work out too well. He's a terrific actor and it made me sad he had such a small roll. But even old stars have to pay the rent.
YES!

I recognized his face but couldn't place it at first.

He was excellent in Ugly Betty as Marc St. James - one show I wish didn't end b/c I loved the crazy of all of the characters.

I don't know if he "pigeonholed" himself with his UB role, but I loved him in UB!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 10:28 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
Thank you. That's what I figured. It was funny and entertaining. But it made no sense, with all the good lawyers in Chicago that the whistelblower would take a chance and he would go to Alicia and not pick someone else. Of course, he was going to have to reveal to her that they were listening to her phone conversations. A comedy of errors. But a funny set-up.
He didn't go to Alicia. He went to Cary. He was impressed with Cary. It makes sense he would choose that firm BECAUSE he was listening to them. Did you see that cube farm where he worked? He has no idea who the other NSA workers are listening to. I'm sure NSA employees aren't allowed to talk to each other about stuff that doesn't involve their work directly. By going to Cary, he'd know what was happening---just like he did when he found out someone said NSA in the background on the speaker phone. If he had gone to another law firm that was being wiretapped, he wouldn't have found out until it was too late.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:33 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
They took a lot of liberties with the plot to make it interesting. It didn't make sense that the young NSA worker who needed a lawyer would choose go to the same people to represent him who he was investigating. He could find someone else in Chicago.
Yes, and I don't think that legally Alicia could call the NSA and tell them he was there as a client against them!

Of course, she was just bluffing, but it was still unethical, imo.

And then for him to spill what he did.....you're right, but it was entertaining.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:11 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
Wow, last night's episode left me with my jaw dropped and saying "wow....,wow!!"

Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Wow, last night's episode left me with my
jaw dropped and saying "wow....,wow!!"
So much went on last show...I was so surprised the Gov endorsed the "other guy".
I luv that Alicia suggested to him to run for office to protect his job.
I, of course, believe Alicia's son he doesn't do drugs.
I loved how they did the prelim with the approach of Mr Sweeney outside the courtroom,thus,
winning the case.
Now, what will Alicia do with the knowledge that the wife really did watch 'the life
leave' that woman?

They, the Sweeneys, are true sociopathic hedonists.
I just saw Mr. Sweeney in "Happiness"...(I'm seeing all
of Philip Seymour Hoffman's movies.)

Old 04-28-2014, 08:29 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,399,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So much went on last show...I was so surprised the Gov endorsed the "other guy".
I luv that Alicia suggested to him to run for office to protect his job.
I, of course, believe Alicia's son he doesn't do drugs.
I loved how they did the prelim with the approach of Mr Sweeney outside the courtroom,thus,
winning the case.
Now, what will Alicia do with the knowledge that the wife really did watch 'the life
leave' that woman?

They, the Sweeneys, are true sociopathic hedonists.
I just saw Mr. Sweeney in "Happiness"...(I'm seeing all
of Philip Seymour Hoffman's movies.)
Yes, Alicia totally saved that attorney from losing his job, and in such a smart way! Only now, Peter actually wants to endorse him, and he's not ready! Now he will be scrambling to cover his tracks and come up with an actual, legitimate campaign ideas???

I don't know about Alicia's son and the pot.....Jury is still out for me...

This is not the first time Mr. Sweeney has gotten away with murder, but they (he and his now fiance) can't be tried twice for the same crime due to the double jeopardy laws. I was thinking last night I wish Alicia and Cary could just drop him as a client and wash their hands of him, but he's their biggest, most lucrative client, and with them being a relatively new firm, they probably can't afford it.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Yes, Alicia totally saved that attorney from losing his job, and in such a smart way! Only now, Peter actually wants to endorse him, and he's not ready! Now he will be scrambling to cover his tracks and come up with an actual, legitimate campaign ideas???

This is not the first time Mr. Sweeney has gotten away with murder, but they (he and his now fiance) can't be tried twice for the same crime due to the double jeopardy laws. I was thinking last night I wish Alicia and Cary could just drop him as a client and wash their hands of him, but he's their biggest, most lucrative client, and with them being a relatively new firm, they probably can't afford it.
Sweeney's fiancee can be tried for this murder.

The preliminary hearing was just to see if the state had enough evidence to go forward. The judge ruled no. Double jeopardy does not apply. This was not a trial, and if the state acquires more evidence, they can charge her again.

If I were Alicia, I'd be wary about going to their house for any reason. This couple is amoral, and unpredictable.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:26 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Sweeney's fiancee can be tried for this murder.

The preliminary hearing was just to see if the state had enough evidence to go forward.
The judge ruled no. Double jeopardy does not apply. This was not a trial, and if the state
acquires more evidence, they can charge her again.

If I were Alicia, I'd be wary about going to their house for any reason.
This couple is amoral, and unpredictable.
Ah, forgot. Yes, it was only a prelim!!

That was dumb of her to tell Alicia then.
I could tell when they met the fiancee wanted to do a threesome.
Alicia stayed professional.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:50 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
I feel the last episode was merely regurgitating old storylines. Sweeney used Alicia once again to commit murder. A state's attorney is once again looking for a scapegoat. One of Alicia's children are once again on the internet ruining their father's career. The episode was good, but it wasn't new.

Peter didn't back an attorney running against the state's attorney. Peter backed the man he caught leaving his wife's bedroom. Don't be fooled. Peter is going to mess this guy up. He's jealous and vindictive. He's up to something. But that's not anything new either.

The only thing new that can come of this episode is if Alicia can figure out a way to put the Sweeney's behind bars, Peter backs legalization of marijuana, and the poor pawn running for state's attorney survives unscathed.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:05 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post

He's a good kid. I believe his story. Of course the girl is not going to back him up and get into trouble herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV