Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times

Advertisements

By showing so many reruns, they've given viewers the opportunity to check out the competition on FX. Timothy Olyphant plays an interesting character on Justified.
I didn't understand why Alicia was so upset with Peter last night. It looked like he was only protecting himself. The crazy stunt at the end didn't make sense at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
well I am just thinking that alecia still does not trust peter at all and of course I got disgusted with Jackie coming in there and thinking that her faith is better than the one that Peter is following . Also that she blamed all of this on Alecia . That is and was not very fair of her . I really dislike peters mother and her hollier than thou attitude .

Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,348,610 times
Default Anyone watch season premiere of The Good Wife?

Thought I'd see some comment by now...I LOVE Alan Cummings in this role. He is so oily yet somehow charming...and we shall see how his cellphone subterfuge (don't want to say much as a spoiler) plays out. My question is does Alicia find out quickly, or do they drag it out most of the season?

Anyone else think the bathroom scene with Alicia and her husband was a tad too raunchy for network TV? Not that I was appalled...just a bit surprised....I guess they're all trying to be more like cable if they can!

Interested in other observations of the premiere.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,792,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
Thought I'd see some comment by now...I LOVE Alan Cummings in this role. He is so oily yet somehow charming...and we shall see how his cellphone subterfuge (don't want to say much as a spoiler) plays out. My question is does Alicia find out quickly, or do they drag it out most of the season?

Anyone else think the bathroom scene with Alicia and her husband was a tad too raunchy for network TV? Not that I was appalled...just a bit surprised....I guess they're all trying to be more like cable if they can!

I liked Alan Cummings in 'Tin Man'. The SyFy networks take on "The Wizard of Oz". Long, but good movie. Think they'll drag the 'subterfuge' out most of the season.

I enjoy how Kalinda doesn't put up with the merging company's investigator. She's a smart 'cookie'.

As far as the bathroom scene goes, that's nothing compared to what NYPD Blue got risky with in it's first to or three seasons. Miss that show.

Looking forward to a tense season with this show. I thought it a rather slow opener, but damn good nonetheless.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
I was wondering if Kalinda knew the investigator from the other law firm. His needling of her, and her reactions to him implied they knew one another, to me, at least. It was interesting, too, that Will handed off mentoring Alicia to the new partner. Not that Alicia needs mentoring. But if Will wants a relationship with Alicia, he's got to show a heckuva lot more initiative than a text message.

I also have to applaud Alicia's mother-in-law. She may be a little too "Stand by your man" for my tastes, but she's a formidable woman nonetheless.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,348,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I was wondering if Kalinda knew the investigator from the other law firm. His needling of her, and her reactions to him implied they knew one another, to me, at least. It was interesting, too, that Will handed off mentoring Alicia to the new partner. Not that Alicia needs mentoring. But if Will wants a relationship with Alicia, he's got to show a heckuva lot more initiative than a text message.

I also have to applaud Alicia's mother-in-law. She may be a little too "Stand by your man" for my tastes, but she's a formidable woman nonetheless.

I thought there was more to the Kalinda/new guy (forget his name) story too...especially when she literally pushed him, hard. I think we will learn there is some backstory there. Also with him calling her by the wrong name...either a: he did it on purpose to annoy her, or b: it IS her real name and there is more to HER story than we know too!

Old 09-29-2010, 01:28 PM

699 posts, read 1,014,903 times
Quote:

I so much enjoy this program. I missed the bathroom scene due to my needing to take a phone call!! Can anyone tell me what happened? I did see it up to where she looked really uncomfortable with his advances, then missed the rest. Please PM me if it is too raunchy to write here, thanks, wl

Old 09-29-2010, 06:26 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Quote:
I did think they were kind of "pushing the envelope" there and as I'm kind of socially conservative I was a bit uncomfortable. However they are married characters, somehow showing marriage as sexually fun and even experimental seems compatible with my kind of conservatism. Although maybe there should have been the kind of warning that like every other episode of "House" has.

So is Kalinda's real name "Leela"? (Or "Layla", I wasn't quite sure which he said) And what does that guy know about her? And it occurs to me Alan Cummings may have done the right thing, but for the wrong reasons. His reason being that Alicia going with Will would screw up his bosses political run, but as last season evolved I found myself thinking she might actually be better off with her husband. There was indications Will had something of a dark side and he mostly came at her with romantic platitudes, which I think she's too sensible and jaded to change her life over. While Peter, despite his strong jerk tendencies, was gradually revealed to have a fairly good side and a desire for self-improvement. Which is intriguing as that is not how I thought the show would be at first. I like that it surprised me.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
I so much enjoy this program. I missed the bathroom scene due to my needing to take a phone call!! Can anyone tell me what happened? I did see it up to where she looked really uncomfortable with his advances, then missed the rest. Please PM me if it is too raunchy to write here, thanks, wl
Alicias husband took a trip downtown.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:22 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,647,326 times
I thought the episode was good. I still don't know how mr. gold could have accessed her voicemail without a password. that just doesn't seem too normal. Heck, I'm a nobody and my voicemail has a password!
the merger should provide a lot of tension. I can already see the jealousy and uncertainty popping up with the main characters. The new male lead was excellent a few years back on showtime's "sleeper cell" show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV