Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 10:19 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times

Advertisements

Including 'Live-Plus 7 Day Ratings' which includes ratings shows which are watched within 7 days of the original airdate, this is the #1 comedy on network TV in adults 18-49, surpassing 'The Big Bang Theory'; it's also been the biggest gainer in ratings for any show on TV for six consecutive weeks.

It appears that this will be the most DVRd TV show for the THIRD straight season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 10:47 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
Including 'Live-Plus 7 Day Ratings' which includes ratings shows which are watched within 7 days of the original airdate, this is the #1 comedy on network TV in adults 18-49, surpassing 'The Big Bang Theory'; it's also been the biggest gainer in ratings for any show on TV for six consecutive weeks.

It appears that this will be the most DVRd TV show for the THIRD straight season.
Back when we were saving Jericho, this measure was discussed, but the network didn't seem to pay much attention. Do they actually consider that now? That so many dvr everything and watch at their leisure its a reasonable figure.

In terms of ratings, if you fast forward through commercial breaks, they didn't count you since the goal is to make money and sell advertising and if you don't watch it they didn't reach you.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckingbronco View Post
I just started watching this season. Does anyone know where to stream seasons 1 and 2? It looks like Netflix only has it on DVD. Thanks
I'm new to this thread, so this may be too late, but if you haven't found a good on-line place to watch MF yet, you can watch it here:

Watch Modern Family Serie Online - Watch Series

I watch A LOT of shows at Watchseries and have never had a problem.

That said - I LOVE Modern Family.

It was into its second season when I started watching it from the beginning, and for some reason, I wasn't that impressed with it at first.

But I really love it now - I think it's so well-written and I really look forward to it every week.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 AM

9,145 posts, read 14,766,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Back when we were saving Jericho, this measure was discussed, but the network didn't seem to pay much attention. Do they actually consider that now? That so many dvr everything and watch at their leisure its a reasonable figure.

In terms of ratings, if you fast forward through commercial breaks, they didn't count you since the goal is to make money and sell advertising and if you don't watch it they didn't reach you.
They definitely look at Live+3 and 7 days. Beyond that doesn't really factor in. I've read studies that a huge percentage of people don't skip commercials either even when watching a recording. I was shocked. I think also with product placement, the DVR viewing is more valuable than it used to be.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:11 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Oh, my!

After reading this thread, I went back and re-watched the pilot. Alex was such a baby back then! Of all the kids, in my opinion, she has changed the most (well, except for Lily, of course LOL), with Luke coming in second.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM

126,274 posts, read 19,048,524 times
I love Modern family...I was wondering about Lily...she sounds odd when she speaks...is it her voice?

Old 12-03-2012, 01:05 PM

4,691 posts, read 307,761 times
I think that Lily is just a little girl speaking lines she memorized. She has not really gotten into being an actress yet, it seems.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:07 PM

126,274 posts, read 19,048,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceege View Post
I think that Lily is just a little girl speaking lines she memorized. She has not really gotten into being an actress yet, it seems.
Thank you, that what I thought...

Old 01-28-2013, 09:22 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,389,033 times
Default Modern Family wins again.

While Modern Family is mildly amusing it is no where near as funny as BBT or 2 1/2 Men yet every year is seems to get rewarded as best comedy on TV.

I don't get it.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:44 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,546,779 times
Likewise.

Guess you have to a very liberal show to get rewards. Gay couple, old guy with young wife, what else?

Best comedy is Big Bang, they need to adopt some kids, and get a gay guy on the show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV