Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2010, 09:40 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Most young children can't tell the difference when hired help is part of their daily lives. They attach to the people in their daily lives like they do family. I have known people with housekeepers whose children call out in the middle of the night for the housekeeper, not the parents. The parents tell these stories like it's so cute that the child wanted the housekeeper when she wasn't even in the house. I can't understand how they don't realize that means that their children have formed stronger attachments to the hired help than to their own parents. I'm talking housekeepers, not nannies.

I was "brought up" by a babysitter because my mother was a nurse and (it seemed) worked every day and was always being called to go work extra shifts in the OR. I guess I "bonded" with Mrs. Kelly because many years later when my mother was planning a baby shower for me, the first person I asked her to invite was Mrs. Kelly! Hadn't seen her in YEARS but when an emotional event like a first baby shower came along, my memories and emotions just came back full force. THAT is no superficial bond IMO.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:29 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
perhaps they should have thought about that BEFORE bringing 8 kids into the world Before the show, what did they think they were going to do? How did they think they were going to support all those kids? BTW, they don't NEED as much space as they have. Sure, it's nice, but it is not a NEED.
it's possible she fooled herself into thinking mr prince charming would help support them---she lives in an area noted for high prices even in smaller houses

Old 06-12-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was "brought up" by a babysitter because my mother was a nurse and (it seemed) worked every day and was always being called to go work extra shifts in the OR. I guess I "bonded" with Mrs. Kelly because many years later when my mother was planning a baby shower for me, the first person I asked her to invite was Mrs. Kelly! Hadn't seen her in YEARS but when an emotional event like a first baby shower came along, my memories and emotions just came back full force. THAT is no superficial bond IMO.
i can relate as a nurse i was frequently away for long stretches and my kids did get very close to their caretakers

Old 06-12-2010, 08:22 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
It is a superficial bond when the people disappear permanently. Just think about it. YOU felt strongly about her. She was the first person YOU thought to invite. YOUR emotions and memories flooded back full force. If she had felt the same way about you, she wouldn't have stayed out of your life for all of those "many YEARS" inbetween. Your strong emotions are proof that it's not good for children. What if she hadn't come? Most children never see hired help again.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not judging people who have nannies and babysitters. I had them too. However, Kate is surrounding her children with MANY people who are paid to be there. When they are no longer receiving money to film the family, most will completely disappear from those children's lives. Sure, the children have a bond, but the people are just getting a paycheck. That's the problem others have been pointing out in this thread.

Old 06-12-2010, 09:05 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It is a superficial bond when the people disappear permanently. Just think about it. YOU felt strongly about her. She was the first person YOU thought to invite. YOUR emotions and memories flooded back full force. If she had felt the same way about you, she wouldn't have stayed out of your life for all of those "many YEARS" inbetween. Your strong emotions are proof that it's not good for children. What if she hadn't come? Most children never see hired help again.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not judging people who have nannies and babysitters. I had them too. However, Kate is surrounding her children with MANY people who are paid to be there. When they are no longer receiving money to film the family, most will completely disappear from those children's lives. Sure, the children have a bond, but the people are just getting a paycheck. That's the problem others have been pointing out in this thread.

I see your point, Hopes. I would have been devestated if Mrs. Kelly hadn't've come! I would have felt so rejected! Even as an "adult" (18). I see what you are saying. The nannies and babysitters are the paid help. They usually have no emotional involvement. It's just a paycheck to them. OR the hired help DOES bond with the child(ren) and then there's even more messed up people when their services are no longer required!

LOL, guess the answer is bring up your own kiddos, huhn? J/K

Old 06-12-2010, 09:14 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,252,518 times
Quote:
How about a nice 4 or 5 bedroom house in a nice gated community? How about spending $500K instead of $1.5 mil, or whatever it was?
Do you live on the east coast? You can't buy into a nice gated community for $500K. You can buy a shack that needs a lot of updating...

Quote:
No,she's not an actress. That's my point! She's a mom with no skills to maintain a career in the entertainment industry. If she/they didn't have such a big expensive house and multiple cars, she wouldn't need to extend her 15 minutes of fame.
Who cares? That's their issue.

And if you haven't noticed, Kate actually is maintaining.

How much are they costing the average tax payer these days? Unlike those who REALLY bought above their means, with nothing other than the ability to sign their names to a mortgage they could never afford...and no real means of making payments...even for a few months?

Why the concern for Kate and what no one knows what she will be able to pull off or fail at? At least she owns what she does.

Last edited by Informed Info; 06-12-2010 at 09:50 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 01:45 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
What I've determined in these 17 pages is that Kate is like cats...one either hates 'em [her]....or loves 'em [her].

Old 06-13-2010, 04:41 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
it's possible she fooled herself into thinking mr prince charming would help support them---she lives in an area noted for high prices even in smaller houses
who's fault is that?

Old 06-13-2010, 04:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Do you live on the east coast? You can't buy into a nice gated community for $500K. You can buy a shack that needs a lot of updating...

Who cares? That's their issue.

And if you haven't noticed, Kate actually is maintaining.

How much are they costing the average tax payer these days? Unlike those who REALLY bought above their means, with nothing other than the ability to sign their names to a mortgage they could never afford...and no real means of making payments...even for a few months?

Why the concern for Kate and what no one knows what she will be able to pull off or fail at? At least she owns what she does.
12 Fox Glen Dr, Sinking Spring, PA, 19608 - MLS #5658060 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

1505 Reading Blvd, Wyomissing, PA, 19610 - MLS #5693917 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com®

That was 2 different examples, the $500K and the house I described. I didn't research home prices before posting

check out the links. Those are really nice "shacks" IMO.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
who's fault is that?

why does there have to be faults here---women pick the wrong man all the time------it would be like asking why isn't JG mature and step up as a man and behave less like an adolescent----no one has that answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV