U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 07:11 PM

2,274 posts, read 3,841,868 times

Advertisements

The Dr. Phil Family with the Mother- Erin, and daughters- Alexandra and Katherine has been back on. I remember seeing them on Dr. Phil 6 years ago when Alexandra was 15 and pregnant. I can't relate to this family personally but I feel for them. Has anyone been watching this family on Dr Phil?
Does anyone know what state they live in? Do they live in Ca? I don't remember if they ever said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:03 AM

2,395 posts, read 4,089,459 times
I found that whole series very boring and annoying. Six years ago I stopped watching it. This year I thought I'll watch the first episode to see what happened to the older sister. Of course he kept stringing us on while talking about the younger sister. Finally during the second episode he told us what was going on with the older sister. Very sad story. IMO Dr. Phil is exploiting this family for his own purposes. I will not watch the Dr. Phil Family anymore.

Old 10-14-2009, 10:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 21,651,280 times
They live in Florida
This was on our local new site this morning
Sisters Helped By Dr. Phil Arrested - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville (http://www.news4jax.com/news/21286404/detail.html - broken link)

Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 AM

1,749 posts, read 2,930,568 times
I remember watching that family when I had a different schedule, crazy!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:36 PM

17,015 posts, read 14,511,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
They live in Florida
This was on our local new site this morning
Sisters Helped By Dr. Phil Arrested - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville (http://www.news4jax.com/news/21286404/detail.html - broken link)
That is too bad. Sad for Alex's kids. I started watching 6 years ago when I was home on maternity leave with my first. Aside from being pregnant at the same time as Alex, I don't relate to the family either, but I did start watching again this season.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:49 PM

497 posts, read 710,964 times
When did Alexandra have her second child? I notice her last name is different from the family. Did she marry? Is she still married?

Apparantly Dr. Phil wasn't much help 6 years ago if they are all still screwed up today. Was any mention made of how Marty and Erin are getting along?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
When did Alexandra have her second child? I notice her last name is different from the family. Did she marry? Is she still married?

Apparantly Dr. Phil wasn't much help 6 years ago if they are all still screwed up today. Was any mention made of how Marty and Erin are getting along?
Alex got married and had another baby in the last couple years. I think the kid is 18 months. You'll love this... Her husband is in jail and she is living with some other guy. Her mom said she just doesn't take care of the kids the way she should, so they stay with her. Erin thinks Alex is on drugs, but Alex denies it.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM

I just watched today's Dr. Phil Family. Sad. Sad for the grand kids. I just don't understand throwing your life away like those girls are. Alex should want a better life for her kids. They should be her motivation for going to school, having a decent boyfriend, earning a living. Is it ok if I call them white trash? Erin and Marty don't seem to be, but the girls do. They could have such a better life. I just don't get it.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 AM

730 posts, read 830,099 times
My take on it: Both girls are competitive and jealous of each other, both are accomplished liars, and both are addicted to drama. They love the attention all the drama brings, whether negative or positive. Their self-involvement sucks the air out of a room. The parents are wealthy and the kids had everything they ever wanted. They were indulged and brought up never hearing the word "no".

For years, they never had to face the consequences of their actions, out of what their parents call love, until very recently, when it hit crisis mode.

Too bad the parents didn't wake up until it was too late. Now they're having to raise their grandchildren, and I'll bet more will be added. Probably too late for Dr. Phil to fix anything.

Old 10-20-2009, 12:33 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,960,737 times
This family is a *hot* mess! I usually tape Dr. Phil, no matter what I'm doing and pick and choose which ones I watch and therefore followed their saga 6 years ago. I am surprised Dr. Phil actually helped so little. I remember little 12 year old Katherine proclaiming she wanted to go to college and become a lawyer. WTH happened?? How long will it be before Phil reams them and asks hard questions? Poor Erin...she really didn't want to raise anymore kids, but looks like that"s exactly what she will be doing for some time to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV