Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,617 times

Advertisements

Okay, the big question. Did Tony get killed after the screen went black or did they live happily ever after???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 07:25 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,712,742 times
After 9/11, watching the opening credits, with the World Trade Center reflected in the window, always gave me pause.
Some episodes, as in any series, were a bit disappointing, but, IMHO, this was one of the greatest series in TV history.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:01 AM

3,165 posts, read 1,155,635 times
Loved the opening credits scene with T driving through the city, finally reaching the suburbs, then to his mansion. and the song went along with it perfectly, when he starts to get out of his car, it sounds like bullets ricocheting.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:07 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I thought Carmela was a materialistic, gold-digging hypocrite and I couldn't stand her. She was a low class, phony, lazy parasite. To me she was just as bad as Tony.

She always whined about his girlfriends yet she had that flirtatious borderline relationship with Father Intintola, she actually kissed the wallpaperer Victor Musto and invited him to lunch to further get to know him, she slept with AJ's guidance counselor and she was always hot after Furio. I think the only reason she told Tony about her being in love with Furio was because she knew that he would be furious enough to put a hit out on Furio (even though the poor man never laid a hand on Carmella and returned to Italy before anything actually happened). I think she was humiliated and angry and spiteful because Furio left without a phone call or a note to her.

She stole money from her own husband and lied about it even though he gave her every material thing she wanted and she knew exactly what he did for a living. Remember her telling Dr. Melfi, "I knew exactly who that guy was when I met him."

She actually sold out her morals and standards for $600,000 in seed money to build her spec house as payment for taking Tony back and then once the house had sold, she had the nerve to tell Tony that she thought of the profit as her money.

I know Tony Soprano was a murdering sociopath but I couldn't help feeling sorry for him because most of his loved ones used him and he genuinely loved his family.

She gave him the silent treatment when he refused to sign the Living Trust her cousin Brian had prepared and treated him like sh*t until he capitulated.

He had to buy her furs and jewels everytime he cheated on her and she always accepted them. When a psychiatrist told her to leave Tony, she was unwilling to give up her lifestyle and pretended that she was staying with him because she was a good Catholic and wanted to bring out the good in him. It never occurred to her to finish her education or get a job. She thought Tony was solely responsible for maintaining her lifestyle and for her happiness.

She never truly seemed grief stricken when any friend, relative or business associate/friend of the family disappeared or died because it really didn't affect her. I think she was every bit as narcissistic as Livia but she hid it much better.

I loathed Uncle Jun' as well. He was a male version of Livia and I was glad when that young Asian guy in the mental hospital kicked his ass.
When she "pressured" the woman to let Meadow into college I knew she
was not in the dark about her power to threaten. She could be dangerous
if not given her way.
Ditto about Uncle Jun, you nailed it...

Old 12-03-2011, 08:10 AM

Janice was a real character too, in just about everything she did from killing her husband to trying to get her hooks into Bobby as soon as his wife died. A funny moment at the end of the episode when Bobby got killed. T goes to visit her, and I think he offers her a chocolate , she says no thanks, I have to watch my figure so I can nab another husband. They both look at each other for a second, then both start laughing.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:13 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,640,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
But how did you really feel about her!
Ha-ha, I just saw this! I guess I was pretty vocal about my dislike of her. I just couldn't see her as the sympathetic character that many other people did.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
Janice was a real character too, in just about everything she did from killing her husband to trying to get her hooks into Bobby as soon as his wife died. A funny moment at the end of the episode when Bobby got killed. T goes to visit her, and I think he offers her a chocolate , she says no thanks, I have to watch my figure so I can nab another husband. They both look at each other for a second, then both start laughing.
I detested Janice so much I couldn't even write about her. Most of the time when she was onscreen, I fast-fowarded through her parts. When Rickie busted her a good one in the mouth, I thought they both got what they deserved. I wish he would have socked her a couple of more times before she shot him.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 AM

Janice and her narcoleptic boyfriend trying to write a song cracked me up, also when she stole the russian ladys leg!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:47 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
I detested Janice so much I couldn't even write about her. Most of the time when she was onscreen, I fast-fowarded through her parts. When Rickie busted her a good one in the mouth, I thought they both got what they deserved. I wish he would have socked her a couple of more times before she shot him.

She was the worst part of the show. Cutting her out of the show completely would have been a great improvement.

Pauly is the person that drove me crazy the most. I really wish he would have gotten whacked at some point.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
She was the worst part of the show. Cutting her out of the show completely would have been a great improvement.

She was really despicable and hard to watch.

Pauly is the person that drove me crazy the most. I really wish he would have gotten whacked at some point.

You are absolutely right! Paulie was the only one who never got punished for anything. It was so disgusting when he killed that old lady for her money, he was responsible for many of the problems between Tony and Carmine's family which nearly resulted in getting Carmine, Ralphie and Johnny Sack killed. What a sh**t starter! I thought somebody should have at least kicked his ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV