U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 07:09 PM

4,386 posts, read 9,574,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I laughed, but didn't dig the fact that his little grandkids were in the back seat when it happened. At least they got to say goodbye to grandpa though.
They were young enough to not know what was going on or that their gramps head just exploded
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2007, 01:21 AM

1,172 posts, read 4,199,612 times
Default We Have A Winner!

The exquisitely observant Bob Harris (http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/ - broken link) seems to have the end nailed. His reasoning is very sound and moreso now that a few other things have leaked out. Between Harris' blog and Michael Cavna et al. at The Washington Post, it seems Chase had every detail down to the most minute. About the only hanging chad is whether A.J. and/or Carmela got whacked too.

Old 06-23-2007, 11:15 AM

1,867 posts, read 3,854,104 times
Default Who knows?

You never know, heck its only a TV show, so no matter what anybody says its still up to the viewer or Sopranos fan to choose their own ending to the finale, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a movie years from now, the money would be huge. Time will tell. So to some Tony is dead and gone to many others even from what Steve Perry( from Journey) made it sound that the family just met for a dinner and there was no tragedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Els View Post
The exquisitely observant Bob Harris (http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/ - broken link) seems to have the end nailed. His reasoning is very sound and moreso now that a few other things have leaked out. Between Harris' blog and Michael Cavna et al. at The Washington Post, it seems Chase had every detail down to the most minute. About the only hanging chad is whether A.J. and/or Carmela got whacked too.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:06 PM

After reading both blogs I have to say I believe them. The number of changes that were made to Holsten's are just too many and minute to bother if they were just meeting for dinner. The entire episode is exquisitely crafted and beautifully shot. Nothing done was a mistake or unconsidered. Steve Perry must be happy his song was chosen, but he wasn't there for the filming of the final scene.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:11 PM

1,594 posts, read 3,662,050 times
I agree that the episode was exquisite and beautiful however, I am sick of shows that try to win awards and say hell with the viewers. It was like a bad relationship the entire last 2 seasons - I watched because I had grown to love it so much but felt like I was hanging on because of the past. Then to top it all off the ending was like a bad break-up - no reasons and no closure!

Old 06-23-2007, 04:11 PM

So you think we should call up some cousins in Naples on Chase?

I was very disappointed with the whole Vito sideshow and felt it wasted time that could have been better spent investigating the internal workings of Tony's familia. His family has already been done to death.

Personally, I think Carmela had him whacked. She called Furio after she heard Tony talking in his sleep about murdering Chris, Tony B. and Big Puss-y, after Tony went after her money, after all the affairs, and then finally realizing that it wasn't Chris who whacked Adriana, but her own husband. She knew indictments were coming and she wanted Tony taken out so she would have the money for herself and her family.

Carmela arranged the dinner at Holsten's. She told AJ they were going to Holsten's and then told Tony, "the consensus is Holsten's," when, in fact, she hadn't asked anyone for their consensus. Sure it would be a bit messy, but no one would suspect her for putting out a contract on her husband if he was whacked with her kids present. A contract she could now afford with her own money that she didn't have to account for with Tony.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:15 PM

7,916 posts, read 12,428,219 times
I had to wait to watch the final 8.

I guess I'm glad it's finally over, allbeit late for me.

Between the guy with the green hat, the dude who went into the bathroom, the guy who came in right before AJ, the black dudes standing by the jukebox, it was all just smokescreen.

Meadow opened the door and the bell rang.

Last edited by Marka; 12-19-2007 at 01:50 AM..

Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 AM

1,867 posts, read 3,854,104 times
Default David Chase explains the ending here!

Tony Soprano Is Alive And Well, Says Chase
24 October 2007 (StudioBriefing)
Tony Soprano did not get whacked after the screen went black at the end of the final episode, The Sopranos creator David Chase says. In an interview appearing in a new book, The Sopranos: The Complete Book, Chase maintained that what viewers saw is all that happened to Tony Soprano -- that he had written no clues to Tony's fate's in that episode or any other. "There are no esoteric clues in there. No Da Vinci Code," he said. Chase said that he was surprised by fans' reaction to the episode. "They had gleefully watched him rob, kill, pillage, lie and cheat," Chase observed in the interview. "They had cheered him on. And then, all of a sudden, they wanted to see him punished for all that. They wanted 'justice' ... The pathetic thing -- to me -- was how much they wanted HIS blood, after cheering him on for eight years."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV