Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 04:18 PM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times

Advertisements

I call it like I see it, too. And if I was into name-calling, I'd probably say that you're a putz. I'm not into name calling, though, so I'll never call you that.

People can disagree. So if we disagree with you, your reaction is to say you're laughing at us and that we're displaying sour grapes.

The term sour grapes implies that we're jealous of the Duggars. This couldn't be further from the truth. Living like the Duggars would be my own version of hellish torture. Maybe it's because I'm female and can't conceive of having 19 children. I have SOME self-control. Then to start parading them out there on TV at every opportunity, turning my family into a sideshow attraction, is just tacky. It's unseemly and the height of selfishness. That's just my opinion, not sour grapes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,541 times
Nailed it jsqueezer .....

The Duggar parents are proud of their circus sideshow. Sick puppies and there is probably grounds for child exploitation. It is quite obvious they have children in order to exploit them. How sad that people support such abuse.

It must fulfill some weird fantasies

Old 10-12-2009, 06:30 PM

124 posts, read 333,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
Nailed it jsqueezer .....

The Duggar parents are proud of their circus sideshow. Sick puppies and there is probably grounds for child exploitation. It is quite obvious they have children in order to exploit them. How sad that people support such abuse.

It must fulfill some weird fantasies

No I don't think it is to exploit them....it is because they are religious fanatics who think they have to have kids until they die.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
No I don't think it is to exploit them....it is because they are religious fanatics who think they have to have kids until they die.
So they just use the excuse of religion in order to exploit them. Same difference.

Exploitation is exploitation, no matter the excuse or rationalization.

Sick...sick...puppies, yet brilliant how they manage to get away with it.

Just like hiding in plain sight.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:39 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,877,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
So they just use the excuse of religion in order to exploit them. Same difference.

Exploitation is exploitation, no matter the excuse or rationalization.

Sick...sick...puppies, yet brilliant how they manage to get away with it.

Just like hiding in plain sight.
It's not the same. I truly believe the Duggar's motivation is deeply religious to them and not an excuse to exploit their children. It all links back to their original miscarriage which a "Christian doctor" told them was caused by Michelle's usage of the birth control pill. This doctor is the one to blame for all this - I've seen things like this happen before: someone in a medical profession taking advantage of people during a highly vulnerable time to further their own agenda and beliefs. It really effs with their head and can cause this kind of extreme reaction.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:53 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
I think some of the Duggar Kids are posting in this thread!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:38 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,404 times
This is what I would like you know from those that do not like the show or the duggars choices for their family.

Why such vitriol? Why such anger and hatred in your responses. It is one thing to say, no way for me. But to go on and on, calling names, claiming they have no self control, they have litters, they are akin to mud turtles? Why is that necessary??

Old 10-13-2009, 06:45 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,940,609 times
Envy? Jealousy?

Both?

Probably.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:39 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sskkc View Post
Envy? Jealousy?

Both?

Probably.
Why on earth would you think that this is the case? Have you been treated for your delusional thinking? It might be time to seek professional help.

No, I'm not envious or jealous. In fact, my uterus just cramped up, thinking about birthing 19 kids or more. Plus, the thought of doofy, horny JimBob in my bed gives me nightmares.

As Groucho said.... "I love my cigars, but I take them out of my mouth once in a while". Or something.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:51 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post

Why such vitriol? Why such anger and hatred in your responses. It is one thing to say, no way for me. But to go on and on, calling names, claiming they have no self control, they have litters, they are akin to mud turtles? Why is that necessary??
Since I mentioned the mud turtles,,,, I was responding to a (very nice) poster who said (basically) that having allll those kids was ok as they had them "naturally" without the use of fertility drugs.
I mentioned even mud turtles can create naturally, that its not a supreme feat in life and not so unique.So why is having them naturally without fertility drugs so special.
I most certainly did not say the Duggars were Mud turtles.

I am having trouble seeing any "vitriol" but different opinions on a controversial subject.
Jealous???!!
Jealous of 19 births, 19 kids needing mom and dads time, Jim Bob ??!! uuuuuh nooo thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV