Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
I'm surprised that she did not get a lot of money from Sonny when he died. Wasn't she his only child?
no he had married Mary someone and they have a son and daughter together. He also has a much older daughter by his first wife. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonny_Bono

I read he had no Will when he died so not sure what happened with the finances
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I don't watch Oprah...but Chaz has done something very powerful for the transgendered, and I am very impressed with his commitment to doing this very private issue, in a public manner. I wish him the best, and hope that we will see more of him on other talk shows. Hopefully handled with more professionalism, and bringing out thoughtful insights on transgender issues, and how the family deals with the issue. Chaz seems to be somewhat isolated from his family. Sad. And typical for the transgendered.

Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I don't watch Oprah...but Chaz has done something very powerful for the transgendered, and I am very impressed with his commitment to doing this very private issue, in a public manner. I wish him the best, and hope that we will see more of him on other talk shows. Hopefully handled with more professionalism, and bringing out thoughtful insights on transgender issues, and how the family deals with the issue. Chaz seems to be somewhat isolated from his family. Sad. And typical for the transgendered.
agree, he has changed the way a lot of people react and deal with the issue.
It seemed to me he had a self-imposed isolation from a lot of people. Possibly due to depression for awhile. His girlfriend said all he did for a long time was play video games.
When the cameras showed Cher's sister and mother they seemed very accepting of Chaz. As well as Chaz's half brother and sister (Mary and Sonny's kids) and Elijah wasn't shown at all so not sure how he feels about it.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 AM

7,367 posts, read 5,482,511 times
I watch the after doc show with Rosie O'donnell and someone asked Chaz about his brother Elijah and he said at first he was weirded out by it but then came to accept it and now he was very supportive. In the doc they had a manniversay party and Elijah was there.

Old 05-13-2011, 06:16 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,089 times
Chaz and Jennifer are both so nice.

I am glad Chaz is happy now

Old 05-23-2011, 02:25 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Default The end of the Oprah show

First off I have to say I think Oprah Winfrey has done a lot of good and sad to see her go off the air.

That being said this two day event of her show ending seems to be over the top. I actually turned it off.

Every celebrity in the world seems to be on it and it has the production effects of the Olympic games.

Way over the top.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:27 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
First off I have to say I think Oprah Winfrey has done a lot of good and sad to see her go off the air.

That being said this two day event of her show ending seems to be over the top. I actually turned it off.

Every celebrity in the world seems to be on it and it has the production effects of the Olympic games.

Way over the top.
Yup, I'm sure I won't watch tomorrow either, it was awful. The last show is actually Wednesday so I might watch that one.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:52 PM

218 posts, read 562,925 times
I miss the days when Oprah would talk about real issues. I don't care about her favorite thing or the latest fashion.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post

On the flip side of the coin----Chaz's girlfriend is obviously a lesbian so this kinda puts her in a delimma---right? She fell in love with Chas but now as Chaz with all the testosterone flowing she technically loves a guy which would make her not a lesbian

I saw Chaz and Jennifer on the Peirs Morgan show. Jennifer said she is actually bi-sexual.........so all is good!

I am glad Chaz is happy now, regardless of the sex issue, he seems like a nice person.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:13 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Though not an avid watcher, I must say Oprah had the charisma and intelligence that made it a success. She took the concept of "personal branding" to great heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV