Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 02:28 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

for a spin-off of his own show? I think the last 4-5 episodes where he was trying to fight his way back from his "darker side" were among the best episodes of this season. Tom Welling, frankly, seems to be sleepwalking through his part nowadays. I think he's battle-weary after 9 long years and, as co-Executive producer now, is only too happy to take the spotlight off himself and put it onto someone else (though all too late as he is permanently type-casted now just like Dean Cain and he knows it so I think he's going to start concentrating on producing and directing) Justin is the perfect hero to replace him. He's got presence, much of the cast--Lois, Chloe and a few others could continue their roles at the Daily Planet and elsewhere and Tom, maybe even some alumni could make guest appearances. What's the consensus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 07:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
I lost serious interest in the show with the "wonder twins" episode. Of all the DC heroes to bring in, why did they bring these losers? Of all the DC heroes, why didn't they bring in the Batman? With all the corporate take overs involving Luther Corp, it would make sense to bring in Wayne Industries and the Batman.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:31 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
I lost serious interest in the show with the "wonder twins" episode. Of all the DC heroes to bring in, why did they bring these losers? Of all the DC heroes, why didn't they bring in the Batman? With all the corporate take overs involving Luther Corp, it would make sense to bring in Wayne Industries and the Batman.
The first producer, Alfred Gough wanted to, but the Batman franchise with
Christian Bale was just in development so there were copyright issues. Would have been great but well, just wasn't meant to be. I agree however that there are lots of other characters that could have been brought in. I personally would have liked to see a romance develop between Clark and Lori Lemaris, the mermaid, but I guess the special effects of putting him under the ocean and constrictive environment would nix that idea. I also liked Supergirl in there and thought it was a mistake to get rid of her but I have the feeling V was in development at that point, the producers wanted Laura Vandervoort, and she wanted out of Smallville. To me, Justin Hartley saved the series this season and if they intend to go onto a 10th season (which they will for the money) they'd better expand Green Arrows's part.

On a separate note, this thread only got 12 views in 24 hours. Is Smallville that unpopular a topic or am I just blackballed in here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV