Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:11 PM

165 posts, read 304,101 times

Advertisements

I knew someone was going to say, "goes over your head" or the age thing. Predictable. If you can comprehend sentences I obviously have NEVER SEEN THE SHOW. So I can't give a good opinion on it. I clearly said it always looked like a joke to me... if I'm "going over your head"... As in... it was presented horribly to me. It looked beyond corny and sad and pathetic. It looked like something a middle aged loser would watch/like if I should be honest.

I'm sure It was better than most shows because most shows in fact are horrible. Was it of the same vein as "Everybody Love's Raymond" humor wise? If so, not for me. Just the same I hate 2 and Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, etc. etc. etc. Which are all typical run of the mill sitcoms IMO. Nothing special. Not clever. Run of the mill decent sitcoms. Which I judged this as the same. some people love those shows and think they're hilarious.

These type of shows are just too predictable to me. I know the joke before it even happens. So thus I get bored. I like to be stimulated mentally. If I want to veg out on a show I'll watch Adult Swim. I'm 25 years old so obviously this show is not aimed at me. But still... I LOVE old Humphrey Bogart films, Hitchcock, Spaghetti Westerns, I love old films with old people that are all quick dialogue driven. So it's not an age thing IMO. It's a quality thing.

This didn't scream quality to me. It screamed run of the mill.

You can be offended all you want but I'm being honest, it's my opinion, take it or leave it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 05:30 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,487,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claycassden View Post
I knew someone was going to say, "goes over your head" or the age thing. Predictable. If you can comprehend sentences I obviously have NEVER SEEN THE SHOW. So I can't give a good opinion on it. I clearly said it always looked like a joke to me... if I'm "going over your head"... As in... it was presented horribly to me. It looked beyond corny and sad and pathetic. It looked like something a middle aged loser would watch/like if I should be honest.

I'm sure It was better than most shows because most shows in fact are horrible. Was it of the same vein as "Everybody Love's Raymond" humor wise? If so, not for me. Just the same I hate 2 and Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, etc. etc. etc. Which are all typical run of the mill sitcoms IMO. Nothing special. Not clever. Run of the mill decent sitcoms. Which I judged this as the same. some people love those shows and think they're hilarious.

These type of shows are just too predictable to me. I know the joke before it even happens. So thus I get bored. I like to be stimulated mentally. If I want to veg out on a show I'll watch Adult Swim. I'm 25 years old so obviously this show is not aimed at me. But still... I LOVE old Humphrey Bogart films, Hitchcock, Spaghetti Westerns, I love old films with old people that are all quick dialogue driven. So it's not an age thing IMO. It's a quality thing.

You can be offended all you want but I'm being honest, it's my opinion, take it or leave it.
FYI, the show is nothing like Raymond, 2 and Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, etc. etc. etc. ...

If 'run of the mill' means typical, like lots of other shows, predictable, MOACA wasn't run of the mill.

Maybe you wouldn't like the show because of the age gap, but if you can catch a rerun, you'll see it's both dialogue and quality driven.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,754,087 times
Quote:

seems like you just wanted to hijack a thread or you're trolling for pleasure. There are dozens of shows I have never watched and threads are going on CD about them. Why would I bother commenting about a show I've never seen?
Much less to comment in a negative way and say a show sucks?? Move on.......

Old 07-26-2011, 09:29 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,140,218 times
Quote:

I WASN'T offended until you opened your mouth again, 25 yr old brat. Have much of an age attitude, do we??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
FYI, the show is nothing like Raymond, 2 and Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, etc. etc. etc. ...

If 'run of the mill' means typical, like lots of other shows, predictable, MOACA wasn't run of the mill.

Maybe you wouldn't like the show because of the age gap, but if you can catch a rerun, you'll see it's both dialogue and quality driven.
So nicely put, jazz. You are a better person than I to be calmn and polite to this "kid". ELR...watched one show because there was nothing on...didn't like it and didn't like Ray Romano either amd wasn't sure about watching MOACA because of him and Scott Backula....didn't like him either. Never heard of this Andre guy. Gave it a shot and was hooked!

Have NEVER watched any of the "comedies" i.e. "HIMYM", "BBT", "Scrubs" ect., etc., etc. Can't even think of names for most of the comedies out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
seems like you just wanted to hijack a thread or you're trolling for pleasure. There are dozens of shows I have never watched and threads are going on CD about them. Why would I bother commenting about a show I've never seen?
Much less to comment in a negative way and say a show sucks?? Move on.......
I was thinking the same thing, Pip. I don't even click on 99% of the threads because I don't watch the shows! IDK, some people just have to try and get their 2 cents in especially if it is negative. Even if it's in a dead show thread. Maybe they needed to vent about us older folks. Maybe it was because this was a good thread with only people who liked the show and are bemoaning it's demise. OLDER people who were enjoying a good quality show aimed specifically at them. We can't have that now, can we??

Old 07-27-2011, 11:03 AM

165 posts, read 304,101 times
Fair enough. Not trolling, was just shocked that this show had a following. What's wrong with that? I was being honest not polite. Which is what is needed more in the world. Funny how I have an age attitude yet I'm a 25 year old "brat" and "kid"

Like I said though, Fair enough, sounds like it probably had some good writing and acting to back it up. I like smart writing, even when it's older humor, like "Parenthood (1989)" for instance which I watched last night. Great mix of drama and comedy. Even made me watery a little bit due to relating to some of my family issues.

Again, I never watched the show so my opinion was never supposed to matter. I just was surprised that this would be a worthy show as... again, like I've said before, it was marketed in a corny way IMO. You can say it wasn't aimed at my demographic which is right but like I said I always have an open mind.

I will catch a rerun Jazz. Kudos to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV