Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 01:02 PM

6 posts, read 23,945 times

Advertisements

Personally I think the show has a broad reach, I am in my 30s and though I can't 100% empathize with every experience I like the characters and there are broad sweeping situations which everyone can understand. Who can say they didn't cheer Terry on when he reacted to almost getting hit a second time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 04:36 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
I watched this week's episode and about fell out of my chair when i saw Andre Braugher! WOW!!!!! some serious man b00bs! figures they wrote that storyline into the show, which was adorable! i loved it when he brought that paycheck home!

There's just an unseemly thing to Ray Romano's character ... he's not goofy. he's like ... a real dad. I guess that's what we get when we were used to him having a shrew for a wife all those years ...

Old 12-30-2009, 10:58 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
I'm 35 and so far I think this show is great. I've set my DVR to record all episodes. And I'm not a big TV person, this is about the only TV show I make a point to watch every episode. I missed last weeks episode, for some reason its not on my DVR, the episode where Joe takes his son golfing, but I'll catch it on On Demand.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm 35 and so far I think this show is great. I've set my DVR to record all episodes. And I'm not a big TV person, this is about the only TV show I make a point to watch every episode. I missed last weeks episode, for some reason its not on my DVR, the episode where Joe takes his son golfing, but I'll catch it on On Demand.
it was a great episode.

This week's was really really sad. Ray Romano's character is really really sad. i hope he can find some happiness after finding out what his wife did.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:06 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,452,372 times
watched the first few episodes and lost interest....

Old 12-30-2009, 10:59 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,820,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
it was a great episode.

This week's was really really sad. Ray Romano's character is really really sad. i hope he can find some happiness after finding out what his wife did.
I'm a big fan of Owen after that episode, I would have done the same thing...chewed her out and then told Joe. Plus, I can sympathize with his work situation....I used to work for a business owned by my father...and it was a PITA, although my father wasn't quite as evil as his.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm a big fan of Owen after that episode, I would have done the same thing...chewed her out and then told Joe. Plus, I can sympathize with his work situation....I used to work for a business owned by my father...and it was a PITA, although my father wasn't quite as evil as his.
yes! I would have done the exact same thing as Owen. I'm sorry, but she goes off with some guy after she finds some emails to an ex girlfriend? THEY NEVER MET!!! methinks the wife was just looking for a tiny tiny opening so she could go off with the new guy and think she has a clear conscience. And how owen's wife could defend HER!!!! I shook my head on that one. And Joe has to wake up ... he thinks this will all go away, that what his wife did was justifiable because HE sent a few stupid emails????

Old 01-03-2010, 09:40 AM

247 posts, read 688,019 times
I can see where not everyone would like the show. Personally I really enjoy it. Although it can seem somewhat slow moving at times I think its strength is character development. They all seem pretty real to me and their friendship and loyalty is believable.

Old 01-05-2010, 08:28 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,101,297 times
this is a really good show, the 3 main characters are easy to root for and I have enjoyed the story lines.

intelligent and funny too.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:06 AM

I'm getting sick of Scott Bakula's character ... so boring. Digging the other 2 though. Andre Braugher's "win" with city hall was nice and I liked Ray Romano's man to man with the ex boyfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV