Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 06:34 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times

Advertisements

This is the one show I find myself wishing it was about 30 minutes longer.

Robert Loggia is so underrated. Watching him sitting in his recliner in the home, he was very convincing as a man who felt marginalized by the world, and just not caring anymore. It was nice to see his transformation from feeling he had no purpose in life, to getting back into the game and wanting to fix that leaky fawcet.

While Bakula's character still feels somewhat like a "filler" for time between the other two, this week he had something with a bit more substance to work with and pealed back another layer to the character. Good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,216,228 times
Yea I'm loving this show. The awkwardness when visiting the father, how nice he was to help his dad out in getting the job..good real writing a welcome break from all the bs out there.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
This week's show was a "feel good" eppie IMO. Like that Thoreau's Dad lightened up a bit and worked together on remaking the commercial.

Loved seeing Robert Loggia!

Terry's character is really rounding out!

So far I'm glad I stuck with the show.

Old 02-02-2010, 01:07 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,188,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
...Terry's character is really rounding out! ...
Last night's epi was fantastic. Goes to show that good drama can still be found on television Men of a Certain Age: Season 1, Episode 8 - TNT

I like how Terry got smacked in the face with reality, has happened to me a few times Guess it wasn't quite true what Terry was saying in the diner about how life just always dumps good fortune in his lap. This time he thought he found another nugget, but then rapidly found there is a price to pay. I loved the bit with the burnt out light He really turned around and found his gifts.

Old 02-02-2010, 04:00 PM

Oh yea, loved this epi. Come on Senior Tour!

I want to be friends with these guys. Series writer and director should consider that a success yes?

Only 2 more episodes? Man seasons are getting shorter and shorter - soon they'll be just be pilots and no series

Old 02-05-2010, 11:47 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
oh man ... I thought it interesting that Joe was more concerned about having a premature happy ending (like some teenage boy) than the fact that he didn't use a raincoat ... hope she's not pregnant!!!!!

Great episode. I really like Joe's employees. Maria's zinger at the end was FANTASTIC!
Leg Cramp!!

I had to pause the show as I fell off the couch from laughing!

Old 02-16-2010, 01:44 PM

She ask you to "put your p***** through a Silwood shower" said so subtle, soft, part of conversation, hilarious

watching the gambling on the game thread was so painful

Teabag?

Waterboy? OMG

"I'm like Tarzan, I don't need a lot"

Man I love these guys

Season Finale next week?!?!?!

They better have a second season! Who do we write? Call? I'm so sick of good things being cancelled.

Last edited by Giesela; 02-16-2010 at 02:23 PM..

Old 02-16-2010, 03:16 PM

513 posts, read 541,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
She ask you to "put your p***** through a Silwood shower" said so subtle, soft, part of conversation, hilarious

watching the gambling on the game thread was so painful

Teabag?

Waterboy? OMG

"I'm like Tarzan, I don't need a lot"

Man I love these guys

Season Finale next week?!?!?!

They better have a second season! Who do we write? Call? I'm so sick of good things being cancelled.
The "Waterboy" comment was quite the cheap shot by Marcus!

I will be sending my e-mail to TNT to please renew this show!

Old 02-16-2010, 03:34 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,191,547 times
I'm a little confused also by "finale 2 episodes". Of the season? Of the series? Sunday night was so good! I sure hope there is a second season too.

Ann made a big mistake getting Jerry back in with his old "buddies".

Old 02-17-2010, 08:46 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Yea for Owen!!!!!! This may literally kill his father. Hope not.

I actually had to fast forward through the Laker's game scene ... something bad is going to happen.

Terry, teabag ... ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV