Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times

Advertisements

Maci - She's really matured for her age. Done a good job of taking on the mom role and being there for her baby. If Maci's having money problems what the hell is she doing with a blackberry. Those smartphones are very expensive. Don't complain about your money problems when you're spending an extra $100 a month or whatever you pay just to have a blackberry. Maci's lucky she's living at home and not paying rent. I hope she graduates college.

Catelynn & Tyler - That's messed up he got his mom involved with her moving out. Tyler could of easily done it himself. If he didn't want to get married he should of never proposed to her. I hope they stay together because they were a good couple. Sucks she has to go back to live in her mom and stupid Butch. Her mom has problems caring about Butch more than her own child. For some reason I can't see either of them going to college. It looks like nobody in their family ever went to college. I really do hope they can go to college and make something of themselves. I want Catelynn to move out of that hell hole with her mom. She had it so much better at Tyler's house.

Amber & Gary - WTF is wrong them and having unprotected sex again. They learned nothing from the first time. Lets hope they learn something this time. That sucks they're both unemployed but how the hell do they pay the bills with nothing. I hope they both find jobs soon but it is real hard with the economy. I'm tired of hearing Amber say she has to put her GED on hold. If she really wanted that GED she would go get it. Now is the perfect time to do it. If she ever wants to make more money she will need her GED. Hell she needs to go college but I don't think she ever will.

Farrah - Yeah Farrah is a spoiled brat but that stuff doesn't just happen over night. I think part it of has to do with her dysfunctional family. Her mother has some problems for sure. You should never hit your child even if their acting like a spoiled stuck up brat. They have had a bad mother/daughter relationship since she was pregnant with Sophie. I hope they can work something out for Sophie. Farrah is in for a rude awakening taking care of that baby all by herself with no help from family. I don't remember, did they ever say Michael was her step-dad? Some people call their parents by their real names instead of using mom and dad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:40 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkmoni View Post
Amber ... now did I miss an episode with her slapping her boyfriend silly (and I mean she really SLAPPED him) or is that coming up?
Last season Amber slapped Gary in the face over at her dad's apartment. Gary is stupid for getting another girl when he already has Amber and their baby.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:24 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
Maci - She's really matured for her age. Done a good job of taking on the mom role and being there for her baby. If Maci's having money problems what the hell is she doing with a blackberry. Those smartphones are very expensive. Don't complain about your money problems when you're spending an extra $100 a month or whatever you pay just to have a blackberry. Maci's lucky she's living at home and not paying rent. I hope she graduates college.

Catelynn & Tyler - That's messed up he got his mom involved with her moving out. Tyler could of easily done it himself. If he didn't want to get married he should of never proposed to her. I hope they stay together because they were a good couple. Sucks she has to go back to live in her mom and stupid Butch. Her mom has problems caring about Butch more than her own child. For some reason I can't see either of them going to college. It looks like nobody in their family ever went to college. I really do hope they can go to college and make something of themselves. I want Catelynn to move out of that hell hole with her mom. She had it so much better at Tyler's house.

Amber & Gary - WTF is wrong them and having unprotected sex again. They learned nothing from the first time. Lets hope they learn something this time. That sucks they're both unemployed but how the hell do they pay the bills with nothing. I hope they both find jobs soon but it is real hard with the economy. I'm tired of hearing Amber say she has to put her GED on hold. If she really wanted that GED she would go get it. Now is the perfect time to do it. If she ever wants to make more money she will need her GED. Hell she needs to go college but I don't think she ever will.

Farrah - Yeah Farrah is a spoiled brat but that stuff doesn't just happen over night. I think part it of has to do with her dysfunctional family. Her mother has some problems for sure. You should never hit your child even if their acting like a spoiled stuck up brat. They have had a bad mother/daughter relationship since she was pregnant with Sophie. I hope they can work something out for Sophie. Farrah is in for a rude awakening taking care of that baby all by herself with no help from family. I don't remember, did they ever say Michael was her step-dad? Some people call their parents by their real names instead of using mom and dad.
totally agree with EVERYTHING you said.
I think Michael is Farrah's biological father so why she calls him by his name is a mystery. Last I heard Michael and crazy mom were divorcing.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:30 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Most likely Maci had her phone for a while or she's on her parents plan since she's had a cell phone since the series started and she was in high school then. You can't really use phones as a way to determine if people are struggling these days. I remember going through that when I was unemployed. I had a Krazer (expensive phone at the time) but I was on a family plan so my mom was paying the bill and the phone was free because we signed a two-year contract. I know that's off the point but I'm just saying I agree with the rest of your post.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:06 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,482,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
totally agree with EVERYTHING you said.
I think Michael is Farrah's biological father so why she calls him by his name is a mystery. Last I heard Michael and crazy mom were divorcing.
I work with a girl who calls her father by his first name too. I think it's odd myself but apparently in this family that's normal.
I thought the parents (Farrah's) were divorcing too?
Last nights show: Amber punched Gary again in a fit of anger. These two have a toxic relationship and should not be together. They are always fighting and yelling in front of their baby.
If Farrah can make it without her mothers help, good for her. I feel bad the baby won't have a relationship with the Grandma because you can tell Farrah's mother really loves that baby.
Tyler and Catelynn need to spend some time apart. They made a very adult decision but they are still kids in high school, they have some growing up to do.
Maci is trying to do the best she can. She's lucky she has supportive parents.

Old 07-28-2010, 10:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,258,599 times
Quote:
Maci has a good head on her shoulders. What she was thinking when looking to move out with 3 other friends? I don't know. What 20-something wants to have an 18 month roaming around the house at any time of the day or hear him/her up at 7am or pitching a fit whenever? Good thing her girlfriends realized it BEFORE they rented a place together. Trade-in's on phones aren't that expensive and there are always 2 fer's.

Quote:
Tyler doesn't want to talk to the mother of his daughter about what he's feeling about Carly. He wants to deal with it himself. Ok, but don't call her a leech because she handles things differently than you do. I'm thinking the open adoption, for him, is worse than a closed adoption would have been. Either that or he needs professional help to work through what he's going through.

What really sucks is that Catelynn had to move to a place where she knows no one. Tyler and mom let her move in. Let her finish out the school year. That was, IMHO, ridiculous. And Tyler's mother couldn't wait to get her out - she wants her son all for herself. Sorry, just what I got out of it.

Quote:
Amber & Gary - WTF is wrong them and having unprotected sex again.
It was the "heat of the moment"! GAG.

Quote:
They learned nothing from the first time. Lets hope they learn something this time. That sucks they're both unemployed but how the hell do they pay the bills with nothing.
How are they eating out and shopping all the time?

Quote:
I hope they both find jobs soon but it is real hard with the economy. I'm tired of hearing Amber say she has to put her GED on hold. If she really wanted that GED she would go get it. Now is the perfect time to do it. If she ever wants to make more money she will need her GED. Hell she needs to go college but I don't think she ever will.
I'm wondering where her job at the salon went? What did Amber "I'm pregnant but I haven't taken a pregnancy test, but I'm spotting, just like I did the last time when I was pregnant, which I always do, but don't pay no mind to that" NOT learn? She lives for the cameras. I think that whole issue was fabricated to get more camera time. Same with Gary-boy and his "love" interest. He's going to go from one bad situation to another? Someone roll that boy over to The Biggest Loser.

Quote:
Farrah - Yeah Farrah is a spoiled brat but that stuff doesn't just happen over night. I think part it of has to do with her dysfunctional family. Her mother has some problems for sure.
That's debatable. She has a sister who doesn't act like she does. Farrah has a personality issue. Her personality sucks. Squeaky wheel x10.

Quote:
You should never hit your child even if their acting like a spoiled stuck up brat.
Unless it acts like Farrah. A self-entitled, smarter than-thou, self-proclaimed "mother" who not only leaves her baby in an unfamiliar room in an unfamiliar house BUT goes on to tell the baby to "look at herself" while that baby isn't just "crying", she was really upset, and then shuts the lights off on the baby - to teach the baby a lesson? WTF? I wanted to jump through the damn tv and pick that baby up. I don't know how the camera men, sound people, producer, whoever... didn't? And THEN she moves in to her new digs and leaves her daughter in the hallway OUTSIDE the apt? WHO does that?

Quote:
They have had a bad mother/daughter relationship since she was pregnant with Sophie. I hope they can work something out for Sophie. Farrah is in for a rude awakening taking care of that baby all by herself with no help from family. I don't remember, did they ever say Michael was her step-dad? Some people call their parents by their real names instead of using mom and dad.
I hope her parents get custody of Sophie. Farrah is useless. Her grandmother, who Farrah ran to last season won't take her in? I wonder why?

When Farrah's mother cuts her off (who is paying Farrah's rent?) for good, what is going to happen to Sophia? Spoiled brat is only playing games, "I don't want my parents to know where I live". Really? That's mature. Good luck with that one.

Old 07-29-2010, 10:04 AM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
I think that Farrah's Mom is crazy. She seems cold, manipulative, passive-aggressive and very controlling. Unfortunately, I see all of the same traits in Farrah, just expressed in different ways. I'm not a fan of Farrah but I can see how she would be angry. Her Mom is acting like nothing ever happened when something really big did happen. Her Mom gave her a split lip, that's a pretty big deal. It's also not the first time she's hit her as we saw in one of the earlier seasons. Her Mom also likes to play the victim when she is so obviously not the victim in this situation.

Gary and Amber are pure drama. Does everything in that town revolve around Walmart? That's where Gary first bought Amber's engagement ring and it's also the place where he meets his new girlfriend. I liked when Amber told him that the reason why he was falling for this new girl was because he's stupid. He is, but then again, so is she. Why didn't the doctor who did the pregnancy test not talk to them about birth control? Why are Gary and Amber eating out so much when they don't have any money? Why doesn't Amber have time to get her GED? Drama, drama, drama.

Maci is the best, Ryan is a loser. Big time.

I feel bad for Catelynn and Tyler. Their relationships seems strong and very mature in some ways but very unhealthy in others. Maybe a little codependency going on?

Old 07-29-2010, 11:29 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,497,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
I think that Farrah's Mom is crazy. She seems cold, manipulative, passive-aggressive and very controlling. Unfortunately, I see all of the same traits in Farrah, just expressed in different ways. I'm not a fan of Farrah but I can see how she would be angry. Her Mom is acting like nothing ever happened when something really big did happen. Her Mom gave her a split lip, that's a pretty big deal. It's also not the first time she's hit her as we saw in one of the earlier seasons. Her Mom also likes to play the victim when she is so obviously not the victim in this situation.

Gary and Amber are pure drama. Does everything in that town revolve around Walmart? That's where Gary first bought Amber's engagement ring and it's also the place where he meets his new girlfriend. I liked when Amber told him that the reason why he was falling for this new girl was because he's stupid. He is, but then again, so is she. Why didn't the doctor who did the pregnancy test not talk to them about birth control? Why are Gary and Amber eating out so much when they don't have any money? Why doesn't Amber have time to get her GED? Drama, drama, drama.

Maci is the best, Ryan is a loser. Big time.

I feel bad for Catelynn and Tyler. Their relationships seems strong and very mature in some ways but very unhealthy in others. Maybe a little codependency going on?
Why are they just using condoms?! I mean, it's none of my business (except that I think I may be supporting them financially), but if there was anyone who needed some type of hormonal BC on top of condoms, it's this couple. Especially after a pregnancy scare. I'm not sure she's smart enough to remember the pill every day. Maybe depo or whatever they give young women these days...I'm older and sort of out of the loop on these things.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
(who is paying Farrah's rent?) .
That's what I wanna know.

Old 07-29-2010, 02:30 PM

4,267 posts, read 6,183,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
That's what I wanna know.
She works at a restaurant as a waitress and a cook. Maybe she gets some money in student loans too? Rent sounds cheap where she is living. One of the apartments she was looking at was $400/month. Farrah's Mom is not paying for it, that's for sure. I'm guessing that these women get paid at least something from MTV. If they don't then they should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV