Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2011, 06:18 AM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
I completely agree. I think this show almost glorifies teenage parenthood in a way, as if even with all of the problems, there's that cute little baby so everything's all right in the end.
I somewhat agree. At the same time though, if I were trying to teach a group of students about teen pregnancy, or having a kid at an early age, this show is probably the first thing I'd show them. "Hey kids, here's where you might end up if you have a kid at 16."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,887,735 times
The more I watch this show, the more I hate it yet need to keep watching. Every single person on the show is a disaster of epic proportions with the somewhat exception of Macy who should probably just be kicked off for not being interesting enough for a reality tv show.

Amber is going from being entertaining in how trashy she is to just pissing me off. I can't imagine the horror in being around her for more than 5 minutes. Every little thing sets her off into a massive rage, no wonder she tries to push Gar-bear down the stairs and punches him. Meanwhile Gar-bear pathetically pines for this trashy h-bag while she constantly rages at him and emasculates him. UGH. I never yell at the TV "What are you people thinking?!" unless these two are on.

Catelynn and Tyler are entertaining only because of their trashy dysfunctional families. It was hilarious/sad when Tyler's sister told Butch she was preggo and he laughs and makes sure she won't give her kid up for adoption. Yeah because a 21 year old with three kids from three dads is something to be proud of while his son is horrible for being responsible and giving his kid up for adoption. On a side note, please put Butch on an episode of "Locked Up" and then Butch & April on an episode of "Intervention". And maybe "Hoarders" too. I'm sure we'll see them on "Cops" soon enough once they can see each other again. Heck just give the two of them their own show.

Farrah is a spoiled brat but her parents are such enablers. I cringe when she does her ugly face cry.

I think the thing that keeps me watching this show is how unrelatable all the characters are to me. I just don't understand at all where any of them are coming from and how they all just keep making horrible decisions. So I guess I have to keep watching in hopes I will finally "get it".

Old 07-21-2011, 08:49 AM

1,300 posts, read 3,603,466 times
Amber and Gary are so frustrating!! The things she says to him and the way she treats him are so unacceptable. And then she insists that she's done nothing wrong for them to be investigating her. How can Gary see her say that and be OK with it? How can he put up with her? Gary needs to get custody of Leah and get away from Amber. Amber's denial is unbelievable.

I've always thought that Macy is the one person in the show that has things figured out.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:48 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,812 times
Ugh Amber really annoys me. It seems like all she does is go off on Gary or get angry with Leah. I have never seen her act SANE at all on the show. What was sort of funny, was that when she whining about her legal troubles to Gary, he sort of looked at her with a slight smile. I got the feeling that he too thinks that she deserves everything she gets.
Farrah--why does she always go off on her mom? I don't see what her mother said to her, that warranted her screaming and yelling the way she does. I just don't know how her mom can sit there and let her talk to her like that. so much disrespect, and yet she has no friends, and her parents are the ONLY ones that are there for her. She's a spoiled brat.
Catelynn and Tyler--they seem to be the most mature on the show, but their story line is pretty boring. Nothing to say, accept I wonder why the mom does not get on the daughter for having so many kids. It seems like she's constantly getting on Tyler for the decisions he makes, and yet her 21 year old daughter is on her third child?
Maci-Does anyone else notice how bad her acne is? I think it was a terrible idea to move in with her boyfriend without being married, especially when she has a young child involved. But still Kyle seems like a nice guy, so hopefully it works out. Anyone else think that the Kyle and Ryan meeting was awkward. Also anyone else think that Ryan looked sad to see Maci, Bentley and Ryan happy together. Me thinks that Ryan sort of regrets the way he treated her, and that a part of him still wants her. I also think that Maci feels the same way about Ryan. Time will tell what happens between them.

Old 07-24-2011, 05:44 PM

323 posts, read 788,280 times
Okay.. so I'm super late here, but here is my two cents:

Farrah- First of all, I think that the media made a big deal out of Farrah getting implants, so MTV thought 'How are we going to continue making her look like a struggling teen mom when she's clearly able to afford implants?' and that's why they showed her taking out a loan. Maybe they even asked her to take a loan out to pay for them. She does mention that she didn't want to take it out of her savings which made me believe that she was able to pay for them outright if she had chosen to. The way she treated her dad when he was taking care of her after her surgery was ridiculous. Her dad needs a nice, healthy dose of self esteem. I can totally see how he was married to her mom..and I wouldn't be surprised if their divorce was the mom's idea. And for those that talk about how rude Farrah is to her mom..I think that her mom has really just learned how to act for TV.. Her mom is pretty much a certified nutcase and is NOT an innocent victim. Poor Farrah has seemed to pick up on her mother's behavior.

Amber- Amber is really just a waste of space. She really needs intensive therapy. The only word that comes to mind to describe her is "narcissist". I thought that it was funny that in the first episode, they show her breaking up with Chris because she wanted to get back with Gary, but on the reunion show from last season, she said that she ended it because he'd gone out all night and didn't call her..or something like that. I felt like when her brother was talking to her about her relationship with Gary, he looked like he knew he was talking to a nutcase. And yes, Gary is just as much to blame as Amber is.. There parents and everyone need to stop acting like this relationship has a chance. There comes a point when the only thing left to do is leave...and they passed that point a long time ago...Seriously!!

Maci- Lmbo about Ryan asking Maci if Kyle was slow. He does kind of have that look. Is it just me, or does it kind of seem like Maci just found someone that she knew was really into her and wouldn't do her like Ryan did? I don't see any real connection between those two..just like I didn't see anything real between Maci and Ryan. Someday Maci will figure out that there's more to life than having a boyfriend.. Especially when you have the most adorable son on the face of the planet :-) She is a great mom though!

Catelynn- Not much to say about her. Kudos to whoever commented on Butch's mullet.. I love those things!! Haha.

P.S. I'm glad that we have some guys in this thread now lol. I agree that Farrah is "hot" but she does have an ugly "cry face". And after so many seasons, she definitely isn't as pretty to me as she used to be. My sis said that she liked her episode of 16 & Pregnant because it shows that even if you're pretty and popular (because she was in high school), it doesn't mean that life is perfect.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:02 AM

1,783 posts, read 3,887,735 times
^Your point about Farrah's implants reminds me of how annoyed I am at MTV for making up the whole "Oh we're poor and don't have any money" routine. These girls make bank because of this show and you can tell they are all upgrading their furniture, cars, and stuff thanks to the show. So why pretend like they are struggling for money? It's more interesting to me to see how these girls handle their newfound fortune rather than pretend they are poor.

And despite all the money coming in, Amber and Gar-bear still can't pay off (or are too lazy to pay off) all their parking tickets - lol! And are parking rules really that strictly enforced in Anderson, Indiana? Those two are such a pile of fail.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:24 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,622 times
I don't have much to add to the above assessments. I would just be repeating a lot. I did come across this article about Amber. Now I don't mean to make light about someone who has some serious issues, but I have to admit I smirked a little when I read that they found her on the couch. Now anyone who has ever watched any episodes of Teen Mom.... do we ever really see her anywhere else?

Teen Mom's Gary Shirley at BBQ while Amber Portwood recovers from suicide attempt | Mail Online

Old 07-26-2011, 08:16 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,564,915 times
I think it is very disgusting that Farrah got implants!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
IDK; Catelyn started working at Rue 21 yesterday. Makes me wonder where her money is.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Amber = Borderline Personality Disorder.
Farrah = Naracisstic Personality Disorder.
Maci = Dependent Personality Disorder
Catelyn = Dysthymia for life. She will always be depressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV