Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 09:23 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Set up by MTV or whatever...doesn't mean Ryan and his parents had to act like they couldn't engage with their grandchild.
I know...they kept standing there looking like they wanted to be somewhere else. Even when Ryan went down the slide with Bentley he didn't look like he was enjoying himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2011, 06:48 PM

377 posts, read 652,114 times
I must be the only person who really dislikes Maci. People say she has it together but it really doesn't appear to be the case. How many college classes has she failed at this point? What a waste of money! She moved to be with her boyfriend not to better herself through school or better Bentley's life. That is very obvious now. If she really wanted to do well in school she should of stayed with her parents so they could help her during these college years.

I hate the way she handles the Ryan situation. Before she even did some research into why the child support wasn't there or even called Ryan she called her friend and told her Ryan didn't pay child support. That ended up not even being true. She wouldn't let Ryan take Bentley for a bit on his birthday but did offer for him to tag along--fine. So why is it so horrible that Ryan said no on Halloween and ALSO said that they could come over to his parents house. It's the same exact situation. But Maci is the saint and Ryan is the dbag in most people's eyes.

The way she throws into his face that she "can take him at anytime" is reason enough that they MUST go to court. ASAP. Once it is court ordered she cannot just take him. The things she says on camera too about Kyle being more of a Dad are kind of horrible as well.

Ryan isn't perfect either. I just hear people talk about Maci like she is something she isn't. They both need to get it together. Go to court. Have a set scheduled that will not be changed on a whim.

Maci is very lucky. The father of Bentley is involved. He has two sets of grandparents that love him very much and are involved. It appears she has some good friends as well.

Old 08-07-2011, 07:04 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,320 times
Easterner DC..I agree 100%. I also think his parents are sh$# stirrers. If it came down to it, I think they would 100% defend their son even if he had 0 involvement in his son's life. I think they are just all pissed off bc Maci is doing her thing and from what I see she is doing a good job raising Bentley.

I wanted to vomit when I watched the B-day party for Bentley with Ryan and his entitled parents standing in a corner pouting like 5 year olds looking like they didn't want to be there. GO HOME THEN. Really, what was their problem? Oh, because Maci brought her boyfriend there? Life goes on and it was OK when Ryan was a deadbeat last season and got a new girlfriend, but it don't work that way for Maci? Their behavior at the party reminded me of something my in-laws would do at a party. Hell, my MIL did that at a party thrown for me. Also, what was with his mother crying over Bently? Shouldn't it be Ryan acting that way? I feel like since he came across so crappy last season, his parents are trying to make him into "good daddy" this season. His father wants him to go to court to change the custody for his mother? What the hetch? More entitled grandparents...

Old 08-07-2011, 09:04 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartchya View Post
I must be the only person who really dislikes Maci. People say she has it together but it really doesn't appear to be the case. How many college classes has she failed at this point? What a waste of money! She moved to be with her boyfriend not to better herself through school or better Bentley's life. That is very obvious now. If she really wanted to do well in school she should of stayed with her parents so they could help her during these college years.
Maybe you could help me remember the timeline with this. When did she move? Was it during school? I don't remember her commuting to school except for this season? So she failed those classes while living at home? That confused me.

Quote:
I hate the way she handles the Ryan situation. Before she even did some research into why the child support wasn't there or even called Ryan she called her friend and told her Ryan didn't pay child support. That ended up not even being true.
She should have called him first to ask what was going on.

Quote:
She wouldn't let Ryan take Bentley for a bit on his birthday but did offer for him to tag along--fine. So why is it so horrible that Ryan said no on Halloween and ALSO said that they could come over to his parents house. It's the same exact situation. But Maci is the saint and Ryan is the dbag in most people's eyes.
Where was Ryan vs. Maci and when did he call to ask? Were they 2 hours away from each other and did he call the day of when she told him they had plans for the day? I *think* that was the case (could be wrong). But let's say it was: even if they meet each other half way, that's 4 hours in a car Bentley has to spend. Then Ryan wants him for an hour? Two? Three? There goes most of the day.

Let's say it wasn't: Maci should have brought Bentley over to see Ryan for a while.

With respect to Halloween, Ryan was playing tit for tat at that point. He could have gone and done the trick or treating at Maci's parents thing with his son and said, "ok, he's done. My time".

Quote:
The way she throws into his face that she "can take him at anytime" is reason enough that they MUST go to court. ASAP. Once it is court ordered she cannot just take him. The things she says on camera too about Kyle being more of a Dad are kind of horrible as well.
Ryan should have had custody ironed out the minute Maci moved out on him. Why wait so long?

And if they did have a court ordered custody arrangement...could Ryan have seen Bentley on his birthday if it were Maci's day? Do they get that specific in custody arrangements? Meaning child spends 6 hours with mom and 6 hours with dad on his b-day? He's also 2. He doesn't know what day his birthday is on. That whole issue was more about Ryan than Bentley.

Ryan was a total dirtbag to Maci and Bentley when he was born. That's hard to forget and I didn't see a whole lot of "trying" on Ryan's part - his mom and dad seemed to be the ones taking care of Bentley. Calling Maci a "piece of shiite" in front of their child is low.

If either Maci or Ryan were perfect they wouldn't be on Teen Mom.

Old 08-07-2011, 11:34 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Maybe you could help me remember the timeline with this. When did she move? Was it during school? I don't remember her commuting to school except for this season? So she failed those classes while living at home? That confused me.

This confused me too because I thought the whole reason she moved the first time was to go to school (wasn't it something about Memphis having a school that met her needs?). Now, all of the sudden, she has to commute - ultimately moving since she decided she didn't want to drive. Doesn't make sense.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM

She moved to go to the college there---she then failed her classes at that college. Now she is back at the community college near her parent's thus why she had to commute and decided to move back.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times
I always thought she moved because of Bobby Hill and not necessarily school, and put me in the "I dislike Maci" camp. If I were in Ryan shoes, I would have taken her to court a long time ago. Too much instability for the kid, the visits and stuff need to be ironed out.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:38 PM

2,149 posts, read 4,152,348 times
Was Leah playing with a condom!?

Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomRep View Post
Was Leah playing with a condom!?
Yes!

Ugh Gary and Amber are both so gross.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:17 PM

7,367 posts, read 5,481,324 times
Honestly, both Gary and Amber are idiots and unfit parents. The place Gary is living in is a mess because his lazy hungover azz is just laying on the couch all day. And Leah was playing with condoms. Nice. All Amber seems to do is sit around whining and complaining.
Did Farrah really think that puppy was going to go to the bathroom on the toilet like a child? What a twit! She had no business getting a puppy.
Maci and Ryan's child visitation seems chaotic. The kid seems to be coming and going all the time. Doesn't seem very stable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV