Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2011, 09:20 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
That was extremely nice of Ryan if that is what the text was. And I'm NOT being sarcastic. It's truly nice of him the way the job market is today.
Of course it was tongue-in-cheek and a HUGE dig aimed at Kyle.

From Ry-Ry (baby daddy) whose mommy does his laundry and changes his sheets....and lets girlfriend of the week nap in her house. Not Ryan's house, HER house. And she ******* about what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 09:26 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Of course it was tongue-in-cheek and a HUGE dig aimed at Kyle.

From Ry-Ry (baby daddy) whose mommy does his laundry and changes his sheets....and lets girlfriend of the week nap in her house. Not Ryan's house, HER house. And she ******* about what?
Huh?

Ryan may be living with his parents, but he has a degree and a full time job. I don't blame anyone unmarried and in their early 20's for living with their parents to save money... money that can benefit his son in the long term.

Meanwhile both Maci AND her boyfriend (who rather than napping in her house, lives there) are unemployed... and she's talking about having another child.

Who has their head screwed on straight after reading both those scenarios?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Let me get this straight... Maci has to drop classes because she has no time for school/homework because she is busy raising Bentley. We then see her take Bentley to daycare AFTER she drops her classes. She then tells her mother that she wants another baby because she is "bored" when Bentley is at Ryan's. Seriously? How about doing your schoolwork or getting a job to ease that boredom?/
How about getting the fact that Maci lives for her kid while Ryan's parent's live for her kid. She's having a hard time seeing the bigger picture.

Maybe Ryan should get full custody (with the stipulation that he has to live on his own and spend 99% of his time with Bentley when he has Bentley). Let Maci live with and off her mommy and daddy and have the time to focus on school and work while her mommy and daddy are taking care of Bentley when it's her turn to have him.

Quote:
I'd be REALLY careful if I was Kyle, because she's starting to seem like the type that would get pregnant to keep a man.
I'd be really careful if I was Kyle too, and only because Bentley comes first when it comes to Maci. Unlike Ryan and his "hey kid, it's our day? Mom, give him a bath, I can't b/c I've got a date tonight..oh and hey girlfriend, wake your Hooter butt up out of my bed and take a family photo with me and the kid. Maci needs to see I still got some game".

Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
How about getting the fact that Maci lives for her kid while Ryan's parent's live for her kid. She's having a hard time seeing the bigger picture.
Can you tell me exactly how she lives for her kid? She didn't have the kid in mind when she moved him two hours away from the rest of his family to chase her boyfriend... didn't have him in mind when she quit school to hang around... She does things for herself, not for Bentley. She certainly doesn't have him in mind when she's planing to have ANOTHER baby because she is "bored".

Quote:
Maybe Ryan should get full custody (with the stipulation that he has to live on his own and spend 99% of his time with Bentley when he has Bentley). Let Maci live off her mommy and daddy and have the time to focus on school and work while her mommy and daddy are taking care of Bentley when it's her turn to have him.
Maci did live off mommy and daddy, remember? She didn't move out until she decided she wanted to live with/near her boyfriend. Ryan has Bentley 3 days a week right now, so lets not act like Maci has him 99% of the time.

Quote:
I'd be really careful if I was Kyle too, and only because Bentley comes first when it comes to Maci. Unlike Ryan and his "hey kid, it's our day? Mom, give him a bath, I can't b/c I've got a date tonight..oh and hey girlfriend, wake your Hooter butt up out of my bed and take a family photo with me and the kid. Maci needs to see I still got some game".

You have no issue with Maci trying to goad him into having a baby with her? He clearly said "no, I'm not ready, I don't even have a job" and then she proceeded to tell everyone "he's ready, he's just scared", as well as get her TODDLER involved by asking Kyle for a baby. How irresponsible can you get?

Wow, you really have an intense hatred for Ryan... don't really understand why, they show him interacting with Bentley constantly on the show, playing with him, brushing his teeth, trying to get him to give up the binkie. Do you know that the "hooter" girlfriend is on full scholarship to a very competitive college in the area? And yes, WORKS (has a job, supports herself) at Hooters. So, Ryan and his girlfriend both are educated with degrees, and working. Maci and Kyle, no education, no jobs... yet you speak with such disdian about Ryan. I really don't see why.

Take off your rose colored glasses and get a look at the real Maci, the incredibly irresponsible one, because they've been showing her all season.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Huh?

Ryan may be living with his parents, but he has a degree and a full time job. I don't blame anyone unmarried and in their early 20's for living with their parents to save money... money that can benefit his son in the long term.
A degree in what? What does that have to do with how HORRIBLE of a person he was to Maci and Bentley, and still remains just as horrible to Maci?

Quote:
Meanwhile both Maci AND her boyfriend (who rather than napping in her house, lives there) are unemployed... and she's talking about having another child.
Hmm. Kyle already thinks he's a loser for not having a job...does Ryan think Ryan was a loser for not having a job for no reason at all while living off of and with his mommy and daddy? He didn't give up his full time job to be with someone he loves, he just didn't have a job.... for a long time...while living with mommy.

Quote:
Who has their head screwed on straight after reading both those scenarios?
You're expecting rational behavior from Maci and Kyle while giving Ryan a HUGE pass.

How do you justify that?

Why is that?

Old 08-24-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
A degree in what? What does that have to do with how HORRIBLE of a person he was to Maci and Bentley, and still remains just as horrible to Maci?
He has an Associates (2yr) in some sort of technical field that relates to his job, and it was mentioned on the show that he is back in school going for his BA. I agree Ryan was horrible that first year, but am also not sure how much of it was editing. There was recently an article where it was revealed during that time he was living with Maci, he was travelling for work for 2-3 weeks at a time and was home 1 week of the month. Ryan has improved greatly, and I don't think he should be judged 100% on that first year. People grow up and change, and what I'm seeing here is Maci being immature about the custody situation, and Ryan attempting to be a good father.

Also, this season, what has he done that is horrible to Maci, other than calling her a curse word at the birthday party? (When she was telling him she could just take Bentley whenever she wanted, even though it was his day)

Quote:
Hmm. Kyle already thinks he's a loser for not having a job...does Ryan think Ryan was a loser for not having a job for no reason at all while living off of and with his mommy and daddy? He didn't give up his full time job to be with someone he loves, he just didn't have a job.... for a long time...while living with mommy.
It appears that Ryan was not unemployed for a long stretch of time at all. He worked Season 1, got laid off, was unemployed Season 2, and is now employed again. Don't really understand why you're acting like he was unemployed this entire time. Give up his job to be with someone he loves? That is an incredibly immature decision and was incredibly stupid of both Kyle AND Maci to do. Not only that, it sets a horrible example for teens watching the show.

Quote:
You're expecting rational behavior from Maci and Kyle while giving Ryan a HUGE pass.

How do you justify that?

Why is that?
I expect rational, adult behavior from the both of them, as they have a child. This season, I've only really seen it from Ryan. Maci has been shockingly irresponsible, while the worst Ryan has done is call her a curse word. She's up and moved 2 hours away with no notice, moved a short term boyfriend into her home, dropped out of school, stopped working, and has not honored the custody agreement she has with Ryan. Not only that, she badmouths him to the tabloid papers every chance she gets, while Ryan only says "Maci is a good mom" and leaves it at that.

I'm going by what I have seen and read, and it's pretty black and white here... Maci's been pretty rotten while Ryan has improved.

Basically, I see Ryan improving himself (job, schooling, supports his child financially, honors visitation, fosters a relationship with his son) and maturing, while Maci has taken steps backwards and is acting immature (dropping out of school, quitting her job, wanting another baby, custody issues). My mouth about hit the floor when she started in with the baby stuff.

Last edited by newtoli; 08-24-2011 at 10:09 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Can you tell me exactly how she lives for her kid? She didn't have the kid in mind when she moved him two hours away from the rest of his family to chase her boyfriend... didn't have him in mind when she quit school to hang around... She does things for herself, not for Bentley. She certainly doesn't have him in mind when she's planing to have ANOTHER baby because she is "bored".
What show are you watching?

When did Ryan have his infant son's best interests at heart? Let alone his almost 2 year old son's best interest at heart (without his mommy/daddy whispering in his ear for them, not him)?

When did she quit school?

Quote:
Maci did live off mommy and daddy, remember?

As a full custody single parent when baby daddy would't stay home for 2 minutes let alone help his baby mamma so she could study for a test b/c he had to go out and party? Oh, the horror!

Quote:
She didn't move out until she decided she wanted to live with/near her boyfriend. Ryan has Bentley 3 days a week right now, so lets not act like Maci has him 99% of the time.
And she did and could because Ryan, who is so many years wiser in age and with an associate degree from a community college in....(?) while unemployed (for how long?) , let her? It took his parents to raise one of his own eyebrows FOR him.

Let's not act like Maci is 35 years old and should automatically, because she has a uterus, have that much more of a clue than Ryan when Ryan is older and has a "college degree" and couldn't have cared less about his infant son or to have a job for how long?

Quote:
You have no issue with Maci trying to goad him into having a baby with her? He clearly said "no, I'm not ready, I don't even have a job" and then she proceeded to tell everyone "he's ready, he's just scared", as well as get her TODDLER involved by asking Kyle for a baby. How irresponsible can you get?
Talk is talk. Actions are actions. Reality is reality. Is she pregnant right now? Are they celebrating Christmas 2010 on the show yet?

Quote:
Wow, you really have an intense hatred for Ryan... don't really understand why, they show him interacting with Bentley constantly on the show, playing with him, brushing his teeth, trying to get him to give up the binkie.
My babysitter does that with my baby. Doesn't make her mommy material.

Did you watch their 16 & preggo and first season of "Teen Mom"? episodes? Not hard to miss.

Quote:
Do you know that the "hooter" girlfriend is on full scholarship to a very competitive college in the area? And yes, WORKS (has a job, supports herself) at Hooters.
Works. So did Maci. While Ryan didn't. While RYAN had a kid to support.

I guess you've got to be a pretty special girl to know your boyfriend's ass-hole moments, how he treats his infant son and baby-mamma, and know they are all documented and still date the idiot.

She ain't too bright. I understand girls prostitute their way through college too. What's your point? What normal chick would have watched Ryan and said , "now THERE'S a catch! I LOVE the way he lets his parents raise his kid and how he calls his baby mamma a piece of shiite whenever he can and in front of his baby". Yep. Hooter girl is Ivy League material all the way! Possibly a future brain surgeon!

Quote:
So, Ryan and his girlfriend both are educated with degrees, and working. Maci and Kyle, no education, no jobs... yet you speak with such disdian about Ryan. I really don't see why.
Associates degree would be Ryan, and in what? Modeling? Hooter's girl graduated from a 4 year college? So she's all sorts of edumacated? In what? Hot wings?

Quote:
Take off your rose colored glasses and get a look at the real Maci, the incredibly irresponsible one, because they've been showing her all season.
I don't know what show you're watching......

Old 08-24-2011, 10:22 PM

I started replying, then stopped when you declared a woman who obtained a full scholarship to Tennesee Tech as "not very smart" and "prostituting" herself through college. I mean, wow. You realize that the women who work at Hooters are WAITRESSES and nothing more, correct?

I guess not all women decide to get knocked up as a teenager and sell their story to MTV for a living (kind of sounds a bit like prostituting, doesn't it?). You seem to see no value in education, to go so far as mocking them for even getting degrees.

You obviously have a strong bias for Maci and against Ryan and nothing is going to change that... I find it really hard to believe that anyone can see her as so perfect after what she's done this season, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:50 PM

newtoli- you got back as I was posting.

Let me tell you where my frustration is coming from.

I'm a mom of 3 boys. I can't force feed them BC pills every am/pm, I can't drag them to get their bc shot or implants when they start having sex. I can't convince them to have an abortion when they tell me they're pregnant.

I can only teach and preach and hope they "get it". My oldest just turned 12...he knows "what's up". I expect a lot from him and keep him close. We've had the "sex talk". We watch "16 & Preggo" and "teen mom" together. He (and his 9 year old brother) also know what a pain in the behind a baby is (we have a 3 year old too) and my 12 and 9 year old don't like having to watch the 3 year old. But I make them. Babies and toddlers aren't all fun and games and my 9 & 12 year old boys get it. They're cute...now go change a stinky diaper. My friends do not, absolutely do not, like how I'm going about it, but I'll be damned if my boys don't understand what it takes to have a baby in the house and how suffocating it is when you're not ready to be a "grown up" and play house with an infant in tow.

I can hand them all the condoms in the world, but real life stress and the tiniest responsibility (for them) and the aggravation...speaks volumes.

I might be going about it the wrong way for some, but I swear, if every teen had to work at a day care center in either the infant or 2 year old room, they'd triple think having unprotected sex.

If I had girls? I don't know what I could control, but with boys, you just have to make sure they will responsible and teach them the best you can and NEVER EVER let them pull a RYAN on the girl should they have been so irresponsible to end up pregnant with.

That's why Ryan and his parents disgust me...they still treat him like a shining star and they had nothing to do with Ryan getting Maci pregnant. I don't give Maci an out...where were her parents when she was dating Ryan? Why wasn't she on BC? Immaculate conception? No.

I'd LOVE to hear the "advice" the preggo's/baby daddy's got before they knocked up or got knocked up....where where these kids when they got pregnant? Where were their parents?

Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 AM

377 posts, read 652,074 times
Wait did anyone else notice Amber was in her pajamas when the social worker brought her Leah? Lord. If a social worker ever had to bring me my child I would make sure I was looking pretty decent and put together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV