Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2010, 05:29 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,761,928 times

Advertisements

I havent watched since the disgusting rampage of April against that poor child unfortunate enough to be her daughter. Im sick - sick of Maci (though Bentley is still just the cutest baby!) sick to no end of Amber and her lap dog Gary; sick of the kids who gave away the baby - move on already- do you really expect these people to let you see this child when you cant let go? they are not a charity raising her for you for crying out loud and Farrah - whatever.

This is a mess that MTV needs to end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 10:42 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,346,006 times
Quote:
And watching Maci drive home on her cell phone and using the other hand to gesture had me cringing my teeth
Oh I know! I watched that whole thing yelling at the TV - "you don't even have 1 hand on the steering wheel! And your baby is in the backseat!" Drove me insane. And I generally like Maci (compared to the rest)...She was driving on the interstate (as far as I could tell, with a baby, while having an emotional conversation on the phone and half the time NO HANDS on the steering wheel!"

Old 09-12-2010, 10:53 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,453,508 times
In my humble opinion...

Maci is selfish, only looking out for her happiness and not considering Bentley has a bio-dad that he needs to live close to. Let loser Kyle move to her and Bentley.

Farrah always says what a hard time she's having financially, but she lives in a nice apartment, drives a pretty nice car, doesn't go hungry, has clothes on her back and her nails and hair look good. Now she wants to move into her mom's beautiful rental house. Give me a friggin break.

Amber....she needs to kick Gary in the butt and whip him into adulthood.

Caitlynn and Tyler....I applaud them for putting Carley up for adoption. They are mature considering the messed up families they come from. IMO, they would be better off getting away from their psycho drug addicted/alcoholic parents and make a go of it on their own. Those losers will only bring them down.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:13 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,368,956 times
^^ I don't really know that I would call Maci selfish. I don't agree changing schools to just be with a guy. However, I also don't think she needs to be chained to her current city and not do anything that can help her advance educationally, or professionally just because her lame-a$$ ex is there and not doing anything with his life. Plus, its not like she is relocating across the country - its a hour drive. Certainly Ryan can make the drive considering he has nothing else to do with his time.

I did cringe watching her drive down the highway with her precious child in the back seat and no hands on the wheel! Geez girl!

And, um AMBER needs to kick GARY in the butt? Are we watching the same show?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,396,211 times
Gary looks like a disgusting tub of lard. I don't know what Amber sees in him-or what he sees in Amber, for that matter! Just because you got knocked up by a guy, doesn't mean you have to force things to work!

Farrah--every time she opens her mouth, I want to slap her. Her voice and the way she talks literally makes me cringe. Enunciate and use voice inflection for goodness sake!

This show is like a train wreck. I can't stop watching!

Old 09-13-2010, 02:46 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,316,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8doglove View Post
In my humble opinion...

Maci is selfish, only looking out for her happiness and not considering Bentley has a bio-dad that he needs to live close to. Let loser Kyle move to her and Bentley.
I don't think Maci is selfish. I could see if Ryan was an active parent but for the most part she's a single parent. Maybe he does a lot off the camera but i have a feeling that he still isn't into the whole "parenting thing" and just wants to play with Bentley when he's in the mood.

As far as Ryan's parents wanting more time with Bentley; if Ryan & Maci were still together they wouldn't see Bentley everyday or possibly not even 3 days out of the week so they just need to get over it.

I'm all for Maci moving to better herself. I think it's stupid to move for a boy, but at the same time I understand her desire to want to go away to college. Out of the 4 girls, she was the one who has the brightest future.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:11 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,725,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't think Maci is selfish. I could see if Ryan was an active parent but for the most part she's a single parent. Maybe he does a lot off the camera but i have a feeling that he still isn't into the whole "parenting thing" and just wants to play with Bentley when he's in the mood.

As far as Ryan's parents wanting more time with Bentley; if Ryan & Maci were still together they wouldn't see Bentley everyday or possibly not even 3 days out of the week so they just need to get over it.

I'm all for Maci moving to better herself. I think it's stupid to move for a boy, but at the same time I understand her desire to want to go away to college. Out of the 4 girls, she was the one who has the brightest future.
agree with you on all points!!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 03:17 PM

221 posts, read 797,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
^^ I don't really know that I would call Maci selfish. I don't agree changing schools to just be with a guy. However, I also don't think she needs to be chained to her current city and not do anything that can help her advance educationally, or professionally just because her lame-a$$ ex is there and not doing anything with his life. Plus, its not like she is relocating across the country - its a hour drive. Certainly Ryan can make the drive considering he has nothing else to do with his time.

I did cringe watching her drive down the highway with her precious child in the back seat and no hands on the wheel! Geez girl!

And, um AMBER needs to kick GARY in the butt? Are we watching the same show?
Exactly, she does not have to lay down and die because dead beat daddy lives in town. Shs is the castodian parent and should be able to move anywhere she wants. If her ex is that interested in being a decent parent, he will be, even if she lives a big hour away.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:05 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,493,224 times
I know I'll be in the minority on this, but I really can't blame Ryan for what he's doing. He has taken an interest in Bentley and is working on being a dad. It is very common to see a father be distant in the baby phase and then grow closer as the child gets older. The show doesn't "show" all of the things that happen, but it seems like Ryan has his time with Bentley and genuinely enjoys him. The scene with the two of them outside and Bentley riding his quad while Ryan worked on his was very father/son moment kind of stuff.

With all that said, he did offer Maci the opportunity to work out a solution. What he proposed was just the first offer and he then asked her to tell him what she wanted and they could try and work it out. She balked and didn't want to give him anything formal and said he should take her to court. In Ryan's case if he wants to be a father, I think he has every right to get the agreement spelled out and certified by the court. As it stands now, Maci could get up and move across the country if she wanted to and he has no recourse.

I also feel like Ryan is sort of threatened and concerned by the fact that Maci is basically taking Bentley away from him to live with another guy. Ryan may not be Mr. Perfect by any stretch, but Bentley is his son and the last few episodes show that they have a strong if still developing relationship. I personally feel that Maci is being selfish and should have worked out a solution with Ryan that was agreeable to both of them. Just because she doesn't like Ryan, doesn't mean she has the right to use Bentley as a weapon or keep from his father.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:07 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,493,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
Exactly, she does not have to lay down and die because dead beat daddy lives in town. Shs is the castodian parent and should be able to move anywhere she wants. If her ex is that interested in being a decent parent, he will be, even if she lives a big hour away.
The problem really lies in the fact that while Maci is the defacto custodial parent, they never formalized any arrangement. I don't think Ryan is too overly concerned about what she does with her life and was content to leave it as is until the prospect of her moving away came up. In this case I think he is "in the right" to ask for an official court order regarding custody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV