Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 10:00 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,249,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Creepy as in he definitely has ulterior motives. Maybe facade is a better word.
Haven't they known each other pre-Ryan though?

Is Maci still with Kyle? I don't know the time-span between taping and airing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,249,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazymomof3 View Post
Amber can afford her oompa loompa spray tans, bad highlights, and acrylic nails...but can't clean her apartment, get a job, or take care of her daughter. She is the epitome of selfish. Who the heck YELLS at a 1 year old to stop throwing a fit?
Little girls who have babies and are attention deprived or attention seekers themselves - kinda fits Amber and Farrah's MO when it comes to what they expect out of a 1 year old - they're both in competition with their kids. Had their babies been boys, I wonder if the competition would be so fierce?

Quote:
I'm the one who said Kyle was creepy, and I mean in the sense that he's kind of there, a little vapid, a little too eager. I know Maci is his first girlfriend, and it's almost as if she's with him by default...like, oh, this guy always loved me...he's stable, has a job and he adores me...I can adore him too. I don't know-it seems forced to me. I imagine she is lonely and wants companionship, but I don't know, it seems unauthentic.
That would suck.

Quote:
Where is she getting the money to pay $825 a month for an apartment with no job up there in Nashville? It looks like she's trying to transfer mid semester too. It's all so weird and strange. While I'm certainly not Ryan's biggest fan, I do think that somewhere in him he really loves Bentley and doesn't want to see him go...we're all coming down so hard on him, but his parents need to tell him to man up, get a job, quit napping, and be a man for his little guy. He's a spoiled brat and I imagine he would feel better about himself if he got some independence.
Probably from the $$ she's paid for the show? I can't imagine how much/little it is.

I think Ryan loves his son too, he just doesn't know how to love his son without putting himself and his issues with Maci before his son (or a girlfriend, or friends, or partying). Sign of a boy/sperm-donor, not a man/daddy.

Quote:
I think Gary hangs around devil eyes because he thinks that's the best he can get.
LMAO! Sure is!

Quote:
At least he quit wearing his high school "lineman camp" tee shirt. He needs to lose some weight, get a job that he can feel proud of, take care of Leah and tell Amber to go soak her head. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just really insecure and down and she just kicks him around even more. I don't think I've ever heard her say anything nice to him. She's a wretched, awful girl. Ugh.
That she is. I feel bad for him to a point. Amber knows she can do just about anything to him or in spite of him and "Geary" will run back to her each and every time.

Poor Aleah. But what a well dressed little baby she is!

Old 09-17-2010, 01:33 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,081,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
Sure they can. I paid for daycare (by myself) for my son when he was that age.

If she can afford her spray tan, highlights and fake nails on only one income, then her and Gary both working can certainly afford daycare.
At least around here, day care for a non-potty trained kid is about $800 a month. A second job would be pretty much worthless.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:13 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,781,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
At least around here, day care for a non-potty trained kid is about $800 a month. A second job would be pretty much worthless.
typical cost would be about $100.00 per week.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:47 AM

4,280 posts, read 6,081,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
typical cost would be about $100.00 per week.
Wow, I need to move. $100 a week? This was me . Potty trained kids here are usually between $600 and $700 a month, but kids in diapers are quite a bit more expensive for day care.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:12 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,039,460 times
Just watched the new episode last night.

Amber made me rage like i've never raged before.

Leah was AWAKE when Gary went to check on her. I'll tell you what, if I was in Gary's position, and I was the first one up with a 1 year old in the crib, I'd be checking up on her too to make sure that she doesn't need anything or if she was awake or not.

Gary did -nothing wrong- when he went to get Leah. It's not like Amber had any important plans for the rest of the day.

As for the "Leah never acted like this when I took care of her!"- From what the show showed, Leah never acted like that for Gary either. Toddlers are very adept at picking up frustration and building up a tantrum based upon that alone. Leah was much younger when Amber was taking care of her, so of course it's going to be different.

And by God, if my significant other told me to get out, and we weren't married, you best believe I'd be grabbing everything I owned and leave. I don't blame Gary for acting the way he did. And I agree with him. I wouldn't want to leave Leah with the Devil personified either.

As for Farrah: That disrespectful little whelp really needs a reality check. The car breaking down was -not their fault.- They did -absolutely nothing wrong- on her birthday. The only thing wrong was her disrespectful attitude.

I've always liked Tyler and Catelynn, even when they both were idiots at the beginning of the series. I've always said, if they could work through that, they're in it for the long run. And it really does look lik ethat. They're made for each other, and I'm really happy for them. I just wish Tyler's dad and Catelynn's mom weren't such idiots.

As for Maci's situation, I honestly don't have a problem with her moving. If she feels it's the best move for her and her son, then more power to her. The school looks great, her new boyfriend looks like he's an awesome guy, and Bentley loves him. I can understand Ryan's position, but until he shows actual care for Bentley, I won't feel for him.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 AM

491 posts, read 1,045,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Haven't they known each other pre-Ryan though?

Is Maci still with Kyle? I don't know the time-span between taping and airing?
Yes, I read an article in a magazine (I think it was US Weekly, cant remember for sure though) where they interviewed Maci and she mentioned that she had known Kyle for 12yrs now. He's 22 and I think she's 19 now, so they've known eachother since they were 10 and 7, respectively.

And yes they are still together. According to the article, it's been 6months.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:31 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,161,761 times
Okay, so I finished Tuesday night's epsiode

Farrah - I was speechless when it came to the car breakdown problem. She acts as though her parents purposely cut up the hose and forced the car to spew radiator fluid everywhere. Then the zoo scenes. Even more speechless. It was obvious that Sophia was really loving the birds and butterflies - so why did Farrah want to cut it short? Just because it was her birthday doesn't mean that she has to be the center of attention. And the rental agreement? Ugh. That's something they should have done together. I don't think Farrah did a single thing in this episode that was even remotely mature.

Maci - Yes. Maci is angry. And yes, it's completely understandable. It has nothing to do with their relationship or the new girlfriend. Maci has done everything for Bentley, yet Ryan consistently is causing her strife. First was the child support issue, which he boldly claimed that he wasn't going to pay her zilch unless she took him to court. And NOW, Ryan is purposely (and I suspect maliciously) chaining Maci to him. If some judge actually agreed to having 3-day/week visitation, Maci would be chained down to Ryan, but not vice-versa. At any point, Ryan could just up and decide that he doesn't actually want visitation and could leave. Maci would be stuck.

Catelynn/Tyler - I don't see why everyone is so harsh on these two. They've been together for a ridiculously long period of time. They're going to have their ups and downs. The fact that they've worked through every issue and stayed a strong couple is proof in the pudding that they're trying for the long haul. As far as Carly goes, they have an open adoption and we don't know the exact terms for it. For all we know, there could be an agreement that they have 2 hours of play time with her each week! And for those ragging on how they dote on Carly all the time, I suspect having the cameras around all the time is a constant reminder of "You had a baby at 16 and she's not here."

... and now for the biggie...

Amber - I was flabergasted at the amount of hatred that Amber has for Leah. She was screaming and yelling at a 1-year to stop yelling and screaming? All Leah wanted was Amber's attention and love - but it's obvious that Amber is incapable of expressing either towards anyone but herself. That female is completely devoid of all motherly instinct... and it's disgusting. Then she had the gall to tell Gary that if it wasn't for Leah, she would not be with him. That's a low blow. And what's with the discipline thing? Everything she did just brought out some serious rage. In fact, I could see making a video of just her and making a "You rage, you lose" video for parents.

Oh, and she kicked him out again after cussing him out, screaming at him, and everything else. Though, this time they showed just how heartbroken Leah is about it.

Though.... You know what's absolutely hilarious? If you paid close attention, when Gary opens Leah's room... guess who was standing in her crib? The fact that she was fully attentive and practically running around means that Leah was already wide awake. I suspect that she was already stirring when Gary's alarm went off. My hubby and I had that problem at one point. Our daughter would wake up with my alarm - no matter what. Turns out that she would force herself awake to get hug and kisses before I left for the day.

Gary - Yes. I'm doing them separate because they need to separate. Here's another guy I don't see all the animosity for. Yes, he's a large guy and doesn't clean the house. Yes, it was kind of icky to see him shirtless - but again, I think I've been desensitized to man-boobs thanks to the beach. However, we're talking about a guy who is on national TV showing that men can be stay-at-home parents as well. But, it's obvious that a stay-at-home father still isn't socially acceptable. Either way, Leah absolutely loves him. He seriously needs to get away from the demon and fight her for full custody of Leah. Gary is the only true father-figure on this show.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:26 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,365,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Okay, so I finished Tuesday night's epsiode

Farrah - I was speechless when it came to the car breakdown problem. She acts as though her parents purposely cut up the hose and forced the car to spew radiator fluid everywhere. Then the zoo scenes. Even more speechless. It was obvious that Sophia was really loving the birds and butterflies - so why did Farrah want to cut it short? Just because it was her birthday doesn't mean that she has to be the center of attention. And the rental agreement? Ugh. That's something they should have done together. I don't think Farrah did a single thing in this episode that was even remotely mature.
I've said it before and I'll say it again; I think Farrah is jealous of her own child. She wants all of her parents attention to be on her all the time so she can ***** and moan about how awful they are. I agree that if she were really trying to establish a relationship with her mom she would have said "lets sit down and talk about some things" rather than type up a list of things she wants. But of course she's not going to do that because all she cares about is what she wants. She said it herself; now she's got a built-in babysitter and she can save money.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,657,381 times
On the Maci moving thing, I actually think it was an irresponsible move by someone who has shown great responsibility for raising her son. Ryan aside (and I do think he has a right to legally defined visitation/custody) I just don't think it was a good idea on her part because of Bentley.

Kyle seems like a nice enough guy, but I see where people are getting the creepy vibe from him. He's the nice guy who finished last and now has a second chance. It was my understanding that Maci turned down a reltionship with him originally to go out with Ryan. She chose the attractive bad boy over the less attractive nice guy. The issue here is that I think Kyle would say/do ANYTHING to have Maci. I get the sense that he would play the game with Bentley as long as he gets Maci. That's not necessarily the best position for her to put her son in.

Also, she is moving away from everything and everyone that Bentley ever knew and all of her support network. Not that she doesn't have the right, but that's really not fair to Bentley. My wife and I had to move quite a bit do to work when my son was young and it still bothers him a bit. We moved to TX when he was 2. Then back to NJ when he was 3. We went from a company rental into our own rental after 6 months back home. Then we moved after a year to my in-laws before moving 6 months after that into our current house. My son was very admant that this move was it and needed to be reassured that this was his home. I feel Maci is setting Bentley up for the same thing.

People were adamant in declaring that Ryan could drive 120 miles to see his son, well Kyle can drive 120 miles to see Maci and Bentley until their relationship has matured more. I think for Maci she feels safe with Kyle because she has all the cards and all the control. She could never control Ryan (probably why she resents him trying to "control" her via Bentley) and I think she was looking for a relationship where she was in charge. Kyle is just that guy. He's the willing lapdog who will do whatever she wants as long as he gets to keep her.

So, she made the decision she wanted to make and I hope it works out for her, but I do think it was a selfish and shortsighted move by someone who has been anything but up to this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV