Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 07:51 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
WHY does no one (cept Farrah) work?

Tyler & Caitlyn no longer have a baby, so why can't they get out and get a job? where does Tyler get all his bling, clothes, gas for the car?

Maci is going to school ~~ I can see that

Ryan is a loser. Why doesn't his parents make him get out and go to work? Does he pay child support for Bentley? where does he get his partying money?

Amber is a lazy heifer. Can't clean her place, but CAN go to Krav Maga classes? WHO is paying for all of this? And I agree with several posters ~~ she's headed toward abuse of Leah.

The Mom that went to VEGAS??? And can't afford the lawyer? Come on!!!
I'm trying to catch up on the show - I've seen the last 3 episodes and watched 1 & 2 yesterday.

I don't get why Farrah isn't liked. She busts her butt to provide for Sophia. I hope that the babies aunt does paternity test. It's a bad situation. You would think his parents would want Sophia in their lives.

Maci; I can relate to her with the loser Ryan. Look at the truck he drives; where does he get that? My 1st ex did that, wasn't paying support, here I am making minimum wage; living with my parents but he's making $30+k a year (in 1987); drives a new Toyota pick up; has an apartment with his GF but can't pay support, can't help with shoes or diapers or visitation. One day I decided to cut him out & deal with the grand parents.

Amber.. watching the 1st & 2nd episode where Gary meets the chick in Walmart & needs a 4 day break to figure out if he wants to see the other girl. Amber is depressed and rightfully so IMO. This guy has been playing with her emotions & right now she's shut down & doesn't want to deal with him. It says a lot when his own family won't take him in. Why should Amber keep supporting everyone? Get a job dude, and lose some weight while you are at it before you have a heart attack. I'm not saying Gary isn't "attentive" to Leah but I don't consider him a "good dad" because he's not working. I also don't see him cleaning the apartment when Amber was working & he wasn't.

Caitlynn.. I haven't really seen enough on her to know her specific situation besides she's given the baby up for adoption. It says she goes to school; but here she was living with Tyler - was it all summer; then when she went home school started? As far as her home life; I cringe every time they show her mother; coke on the table (probably laced with rum) and a cigarette in her hand. Caitlynn doesn't help out.. yet who watches the little boy? Caitlynn. Would it kill her to go outside & smoke & not blow it in the little boys face? I agree about not having money for the attorney to get her "love" out of jail but she goes to Vegas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 12:23 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
WHY does no one (cept Farrah) work?
I believe Maci said she works 30 hours a week in a previous episode but I've never seen her at work (or heard her mention where she works) so perhaps she works somewhere that won't allow the camera crews,

Old 09-24-2010, 12:43 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I believe Maci said she works 30 hours a week in a previous episode but I've never seen her at work (or heard her mention where she works) so perhaps she works somewhere that won't allow the camera crews,
the did show here at work in some episodes - her job at the bar.

And I think Tyler works too, I just vaguely remember in one of the episodes Caitlynn saying something about how Tyler got a job and bought a car and could come see her at her moms.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:46 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,384,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I'm trying to catch up on the show - I've seen the last 3 episodes and watched 1 & 2 yesterday.

I don't get why Farrah isn't liked. She busts her butt to provide for Sophia. I hope that the babies aunt does paternity test. It's a bad situation. You would think his parents would want Sophia in their lives.
She is disrespectful to her mother, has an entitled attitude, and is rude to others as well. My reasons for thinking negatively toward her is based on her general attitude she has toward others about what they should be doing, and what she "deserves".

Quote:
Amber.. watching the 1st & 2nd episode where Gary meets the chick in Walmart & needs a 4 day break to figure out if he wants to see the other girl. Amber is depressed and rightfully so IMO. This guy has been playing with her emotions & right now she's shut down & doesn't want to deal with him. It says a lot when his own family won't take him in. Why should Amber keep supporting everyone? Get a job dude, and lose some weight while you are at it before you have a heart attack. I'm not saying Gary isn't "attentive" to Leah but I don't consider him a "good dad" because he's not working. I also don't see him cleaning the apartment when Amber was working & he wasn't.
I don't think Amber's biggest problem is her lack of cleaning - neither of them do it. It is her explosive anger that she has. She yells at Gary - curses at him, curses in front of her child, and has a seeming general disinterest in her child.

Quote:
Caitlynn.. I haven't really seen enough on her to know her specific situation besides she's given the baby up for adoption. It says she goes to school; but here she was living with Tyler - was it all summer; then when she went home school started? As far as her home life; I cringe every time they show her mother; coke on the table (probably laced with rum) and a cigarette in her hand. Caitlynn doesn't help out.. yet who watches the little boy? Caitlynn. Would it kill her to go outside & smoke & not blow it in the little boys face? I agree about not having money for the attorney to get her "love" out of jail but she goes to Vegas.
I have just gathered from the show that she lives with Tyler and his mom because her home situation is miserable and unhealthy.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:27 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,972 times
You know what is really funny about Farrah and the Social Security that she wants so desperately? Even if she proves Sophia's paternity the fact that he was so young and could not have worked very long (or for much money paid into Social Security) means that even if benefits are paid it will most likely be miniscule!

In all likelihood Farrah will OWE the Attorney more than Sophia will make on Social Security for her entire 18 years!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
You know what is really funny about Farrah and the Social Security that she wants so desperately? Even if she proves Sophia's paternity the fact that he was so young and could not have worked very long (or for much money paid into Social Security) means that even if benefits are paid it will most likely be miniscule!

In all likelihood Farrah will OWE the Attorney more than Sophia will make on Social Security for her entire 18 years!!!
I had that thought as well.

Old 09-24-2010, 07:22 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post

I thought about that too. And from the things that were said about him on 16 & pregnant I didn't think he was the honest day's work type.

Old 09-26-2010, 11:37 AM

I've been doing a marathon of the shows since Friday; I have one more to watch from season 2 and have watched the single episodes on each girl; I'm done with season 1.

I understand where Ambers frustration is coming from. Gary seems to be all about himself. He spent $500 on a Play station, Amber's car broke down, he wasn't answering his phone; he also won't help her fix it or find another and Amber wants to go get her GED but can't because Gary keeps side tracking her by not helping; then he decides to take classes.

Where I'm at now, they found a compromise where one leaves & the other goes to class but it seems like Gary isn't doing anything at the house when Amber is gone (including changing Leah's diaper) so Amber is getting more stressed out because she feels trapped by the situation. I'm at the episode where Amber moved out; her apartment is clean; which is a big difference then when Gary lives with her; so I'm not convinced she can't do it, or that it's her mess alone. I see her dad is dying, so she has that stress. I don't understand why she can't go back home to her moms.

I was married to someone like Gary; my ex went as far as to let his car die then took mine & left me with no way of getting around. If I wanted my car, I had to walk to get it. It's a control game they both play at times; and they also play who can top this. I don't see them lasting.

She gave her life & school up for the baby & you'd think he would understand that & be supportive and let her try to get some kind of education but he seems like he wants her to be home. He also told Ambers dad to take her back & support her so he has resentment there too (& keeps throwing it in her face) but isn't willing to help her dig out of the situation. Now the tables are turned & its her supporting Gary. IMO, the wrong people put the kid up for adoption, Catelynn & Tyler are more grown up then Amber & Gary.

Farrah - her sister & mom gang up on her. They expect her to stop living & having any joy because she had a baby. She looked like she was a good kid/student before she got pregnant. Have to say she seems grown up except for being scammed. Her father lectured her about her being responsible by wanting to take birth control instead of being proud of her for being responsible before she has sex. There's also a lot we're not seeing with her BF dying; her mom is a bit controlling. Her mother wants Farrah to be like her; get up early, do this, do that plus work & school. In the reunion, we find out that Farrah's mother used to drop her & her sister at the grandmothers; so what is the difference? I've lived at home with a kid when I was a few years older & it doesn't work; we used to but heads all of the time.

Catelynn & Tyler; the adoption was sad especially how her mom refused to sign the paperwork. Her step father looks stoned all of the time; her mom looks like she's drinking all the time. I can't stand them all smoking in the house; walking around with it. I smoke but not in my house & when we did smoke in the house, we always smoked near a window with an exhaust fan. I can't see that it's healthy for any of them & the house must smell. I didn't know the couple that adopted the baby actually wanted a closed adoption & I don't doubt they are fearful contact will eventually stop. Beautiful little girl.

Maci - I can't stand Ryan. He doesn't appear to want anything to do with his son except for when his parents push him. I don't doubt they are the reason he's asking for visitation; if he wasn't living at home, he wouldn't be asking for visitation. I wonder if his parents know he was staying out all night partying (before watching it on the show). It's amazing how much more mature Maci is then the other girls. My ex was also like Ryan with going out; I've been there waiting up all night for him to walk in.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:33 PM

3,963 posts, read 10,631,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
IMO, the wrong people put the kid up for adoption, Catelynn & Tyler are more grown up then Amber & Gary.
I know you're making a comparison, but you can't believe C&T should have kept that baby. C's life is hellish. It would have been a disaster to bring that child into the chaos. It's bad enough her baby brother is there. I'm sure I'm not the only viewer who wishes they could take in Catelyn and her brother!

Old 09-26-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
I know you're making a comparison, but you can't believe C&T should have kept that baby. C's life is hellish. It would have been a disaster to bring that child into the chaos. It's bad enough her baby brother is there. I'm sure I'm not the only viewer who wishes they could take in Catelyn and her brother!
Sorry, I didn't mean it the way it came out.
I meant maturity wise.. I feel C&T made the best decision by placing the baby for adoption. I meant that Amber & Gary should have considered it too. The 2 of them are very immature; although Amber is more mature when she's by herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV