Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2011, 09:12 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,031,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag08 View Post
I think that Jo's mom is wayyy too aggressive. It's great that she is so close with and supportive of Kail, but she needs to stop trying to control her life. That must be where Jo gets it from.

I do agree that she should be able to date whoever she wants. Jo is the one that broke up with her so why should he care if she dates someone else? He should be glad that she is feeling better. However if his family doesn't agree with her lifestyle, they have every right to tell her to move out so that she may live her life any way that she chooses.
It's not so much that she shouldn't be allowed to date who she wants to, it's the way she did it was extremely disrespectful and selfish.

I'm sorry, but if you're still living under your ex's roof, you don't go dating other people. It's a slap to the face.

Jo may not be the greatest person, but Kailyn isn't an angel either. The way she carried herself in this latest episode was rather spoiled and very bratty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,807,838 times
Janelle is a real piece of work she needs a swift kick in the a.s.s and parenting classes. Being a mother is not about feeding your child,bathing your child then putting him to bed so you can go out leaving your mother to watch him.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:36 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,928,643 times
Wow, yesterday's episode only confirmed some of my thoughts. Janelle opening up to the Attorney that she doesn't do drugs, but she smokes marijuana and would definitely stop smoking it if she got custody of Jace. How about before, Einstein? It is good to hear that she is still getting along with her mom but I just wonder how different Jace's life would be if he would have just been put up for adoption. I don't see how either Janelle or her mother are best for him.

I agree that Kailyn is a bit interesting. How she would believe that she could change her FB status, while living in her ex's house with his parents is beyond me. Regardless, she has two losers to choose from. She can date whomever she wants to but not as long as she lives under their roof.

Chelsea is just repeating her mistakes. In some ways I wish her Dad would make her work and pay for her own housing and finish her schooling. Having few responsibilities is allowing her to continue making mistakes.

I hope that Leah's little girl is okay...honestly she is the only teen mom that I really like. She has her own issues, but out of the group, seems to be the most mature now. It could be the medical crisis but she is easiest to like...granted, she could easily go down the same road that the others have. Will be interesting to see.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:10 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,232,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
It's not so much that she shouldn't be allowed to date who she wants to, it's the way she did it was extremely disrespectful and selfish.
It was immature at the most. Where Kail comes from, what else would she have or know to draw from? Mother living in a hotel, can't help her, let alone the fact her mother doesn't want to help her, dad out of the picture.....

Quote:
I'm sorry, but if you're still living under your ex's roof, you don't go dating other people. It's a slap to the face.
You think that would work if Jo-boy started to date? He doesn't have the kid attached to his hip.....

I don't necessarily disagree, but Janet should have laid the law down when she let Kail live in her basement. Tell the little girl that she can't date anyone after her son broke up with her and after he told her he dislikes her (not quite "hate"). Janet should have made it very clear to Kail, well, she can't do anything socially with another boy, b/c... WTF? Wonder how that's going to work when Jo knocks up another chick and doesn't bother to tell his over-bearing mother and along-for-the-ride step-father/real dad...whatever that joke of a man is. Should have been as hard on their son as they were on the mother of their son's kid.

Quote:
Jo may not be the greatest person, but Kailyn isn't an angel either. The way she carried herself in this latest episode was rather spoiled and very bratty.
What do you expect the waif, banished to the basement to do? She works. Does Jo? She's in school. Is Jo?

Mamma-Jo wants to keep the baby close to her and she knows if Kail goes, so does the baby. Mamma-Jo also knows Kail has no options and nowhere to go, so she can beat her up mentally and emotionally. Where's she going to go?

You can't put stipulations on someone you told will always have a roof over their head and didn't lay down the law in specifics from day one.

Make her pay rent or kick her out and try to get custody, but Kail isn't a bad mom, she just has no help from her own family. If you stick your nose so far in to Kail's business, take her in and provide for her, let it be...especially when your son is an ass to the nTH degree to her (and your husband isn't that far behind) and what you gonna say when precious Jo, well, he's out dating? Please use a condom this time, Jo? Kail, you need to stay out of his business when his girlfriend is over for dinner, and please make sure the baby has had a bath so Jo can show him off for his date?

Jo's parents set themselves up for some blissful situation that isn't happening. But they certainly have a lot to say NOW, when things aren't going as planned...yet they let their son say things to the mother of his child that I would slap a stranger for.

Poor girl is lost and always has been lost and Jo was an ass from day one. Janet's "loving" and "helping" is only for Janet. So she can pat herself on her own back. No one else.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,754,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
It was immature at the most. Where Kail comes from, what else would she have or know to draw from? Mother living in a hotel, can't help her, let alone the fact her mother doesn't want to help her, dad out of the picture.....

You think that would work if Jo-boy started to date? He doesn't have the kid attached to his hip.....

I don't necessarily disagree, but Janet should have laid the law down when she let Kail live in her basement. Tell the little girl that she can't date anyone after her son broke up with her and after he told her he dislikes her (not quite "hate"). Janet should have made it very clear to Kail, well, she can't do anything socially with another boy, b/c... WTF? Wonder how that's going to work when Jo knocks up another chick and doesn't bother to tell his over-bearing mother and along-for-the-ride step-father/real dad...whatever that joke of a man is. Should have been as hard on their son as they were on the mother of their son's kid.

What do you expect the waif, banished to the basement to do? She works. Does Jo? She's in school. Is Jo?

Mamma-Jo wants to keep the baby close to her and she knows if Kail goes, so does the baby. Mamma-Jo also knows Kail has no options and nowhere to go, so she can beat her up mentally and emotionally. Where's she going to go?

You can't put stipulations on someone you told will always have a roof over their head and didn't lay down the law in specifics from day one.

Make her pay rent or kick her out and try to get custody, but Kail isn't a bad mom, she just has no help from her own family. If you stick your nose so far in to Kail's business, take her in and provide for her, let it be...especially when your son is an ass to the nTH degree to her (and your husband isn't that far behind) and what you gonna say when precious Jo, well, he's out dating? Please use a condom this time, Jo? Kail, you need to stay out of his business when his girlfriend is over for dinner, and please make sure the baby has had a bath so Jo can show him off for his date?

Jo's parents set themselves up for some blissful situation that isn't happening. But they certainly have a lot to say NOW, when things aren't going as planned...yet they let their son say things to the mother of his child that I would slap a stranger for.

Poor girl is lost and always has been lost and Jo was an ass from day one. Janet's "loving" and "helping" is only for Janet. So she can pat herself on her own back. No one else.
exactly what I feel about the situation as well.

Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,031,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I'm not saying her situation is good, but that doesn't excuse disrespect.

]quote]You think that would work if Jo-boy started to date? He doesn't have the kid attached to his hip.....[/quote]

If he started to date again, it'd be extremely disrespectful to Kailyn because she's still living there.

Quote:
Should have been as hard on their son as they were on the mother of their son's kid.
You apparently haven't been paying attention.

She's been harder on Jo than on Kailyn.

This is the first time she's said anything like this to Kailyn, and she deserved every second of it.

Quote:
Does it matter?

Quote:
Yes you can, it's called "Live under my roof, you go by my rules, no matter what".

And it's more of an unsaid "respect" issue.

If my wife and I got a divorce, I have no where to go. I completely cut off ties to my parents because of their lifestyle choices. And I'm also a stay at home dad. So, I'd still live here and help with our daughter during the day while she's at work.

However, would I even attempt dating other women? No. I wouldn't. Why? Respect.

Quote:
Again, you haven't been paying attention.

They've been just as hard on Jo, if not harder.

The very fact that she's still living under their roof shows they care for her as well as their son, and that they don't completely approve of their son's actions.

Quote:
yet they let their son say things to the mother of his child that I would slap a stranger for.
And at this point, I'm just going to chalk it up to "You just see what you want to see. And you'll demonize everything that goes against your perception."

I suggest you go back and watch her episode of 16 and Pregnant. Then get back to me on how they "let" their son get away with things.

Jo's not a good person, not in the least.

However, in this particular case, he's absolutely correct.

Old 01-21-2011, 02:35 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,376,460 times
I wish someone else could adopt poor little Jace. That family situation is not good for him.

I loved the look on the lawyers face after Janelle told her that she did not do any illegal drugs except for marajuna - after telling her also that she had no income and no home of her own.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:02 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,754,087 times
Quote:

]quote]You think that would work if Jo-boy started to date? He doesn't have the kid attached to his hip.....
If he started to date again, it'd be extremely disrespectful to Kailyn because she's still living there.

This is the first time she's said anything like this to Kailyn, and she deserved every second of it.

Does it matter? UH-yea, it does!

Yes you can, it's called "Live under my roof, you go by my rules, no matter what".

If my wife and I got a divorce, I have no where to go. I completely cut off ties to my parents because of their lifestyle choices. And I'm also a stay at home dad. So, I'd still live here and help with our daughter during the day while she's at work.

Again, you haven't been paying attention. WOW dude!!! Rude!!!!!!

The very fact that she's still living under their roof shows they care for her as well as their son, and that they don't completely approve of their son's actions.

And at this point, I'm just going to chalk it up to "You just see what you want to see. And you'll demonize everything that goes against your perception."

I suggest you go back and watch her episode of 16 and Pregnant. Then get back to me on how they "let" their son get away with things.

Jo's not a good person, not in the least.

However, in this particular case, he's absolutely correct.[/quote]
this is THE rudest post I think I've ever seen on City Data.
Just because YOU think so doesn't make it so--about anything. Your opinion is just that-your opinion; which is no better nor worse nor more right or wrong than any other viewer.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:07 PM

Chelsea's roommate is preggo....YIKES!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
She's a kid. She's lost and needs rules and guidance, not to be attacked.

Quote:

I've noticed Jo saying lots of nasty things to Kail - one instance was when he left her milk out to spoil again - right in front of his mother and I don't remember anything being said to him.

Quote:

Again, you are talking about teenagers here who if they had any idea about playing by the rules or "unsaid respect", probably wouldn't be in the situation they are in to begin with.

Quote:
Does Jo take care of the baby or does Janet?

Quote:
They aren't and never were married. They were dating and got knocked up. He wants nothing to do with her and has made that very clear. She just happens to live in his house for now. She moved on first, b/c it's probably hard for Jo to meet people without a job, attending school, etc.

Quote:
Again, you haven't been paying attention.

You are free to interpret what you see how you like to and form an opinion. So am I.

Quote:
The ONLY reason she is living under their roof, no matter how Janet wants to spin it, is because she is the mother of their grandson and don't want their grandson to live in some trashy apartment/house, etc.

Quote:
Well there's your problem, I'm commenting on Teen Mom 2, not 16 and Preggo!

I can't remember anyone's name who is NOT on TM2 from their 16&Preggo episodes, let alone what they did, how they acted, how their parents treated them, what sex the baby was, etc. EXCEPT for that kid who had the football scholarship, married the girl and then didn't look into married student housing or even attempt to go to college on his scholarship. Too much dumb going on in that episode to forget it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV