Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

I'm a Crystal fan, but just not sure about her facial looks. Big Mike is cool also, but he is a pretty big dude. I really don't know if Idol fans would pick either of them to win. American Idol is about singing, but GREAT LOOKS sure do play a part also! Now, Casey, he is a good-looking-to-HOT looking singer! I could definitely see him on stage making his guitar explode!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 12:14 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
I'm a Crystal fan, but just not sure about her facial looks. Big Mike is cool also, but he is a pretty big dude. I really don't know if Idol fans would pick either of them to win. American Idol is about singing, but GREAT LOOKS sure do play a part also! Now, Casey, he is a good-looking-to-HOT looking singer! I could definitely see him on stage making his guitar explode!

Goes to show how superfical American Idol voters are. Very sad. I agree a lot of people vote off of looks and little of anything else. Very sad to see such talent go away. Regardless an agent (Simon Cowell) is waiting for Crystal to be voted off and you'll find her CD in stores shortly after. You will see Crystal again if she leaves Idol.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:25 PM

235 posts, read 510,688 times
Ruben Studdard was a big guy...didn't stop AI voters from voting for him. Clay Aiken wasn't attractive and neither was Taylor Hicks but they made it to the top. I don't think looks matter much when you get to the top 10 contestants.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,812,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Personally, I think Chrystal is the best PERFORMER...she's got the best voice, and is totally natural on stage....
but, her lack of any emotion lately may do her in....
There are no other girls who can come close to her vocal ability at this point.
I totally agree with you.

I really think she's having a hard time right now keeping her diabetes under control too, and I agree with the previous poster who suggested the lack of smiles could be due to her problem with her teeth. At one time I had some cosmetic dental issues that made me very self-conscious and kept me from smiling much. Fortunately, people were kind not to say anything, and I eventually got all the work done that was necessary. That was, by far, one of the best things I ever did for myself. I'm only saying this because I can relate to how she might feel about it.

I kind of wish she'd ditch the dreadlocks, but they don't bother me enough to not still love her vocals and hope that she at least gets close to #1, even if she ends up not winning.

Don't know about the rest of you, but I've been trying to imagine who's going to perform what Rolling Stones song next week.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:32 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
well i would argue that the judges along with the voters have made it pretty clear that this competition is no longer about singing. otherwise they wouldn't have gotten rid of all the great singers

i honestly just think that crystal is just going thru a lot in her life, and it shows. if it is true that she has diabetes, well that is often times a very difficult sickness to deal with, and it can really take a toll on a person

and while i'm not all that thrilled about her vocals, she seems to be very genuine in character, and i honestly think she's too mature for this show

Old 03-12-2010, 01:40 PM

1,439 posts, read 2,920,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i honestly just think that crystal is just going thru a lot in her life, and it shows. if it is true that she has diabetes, well that is often times a very difficult sickness to deal with, and it can really take a toll on a person

and while i'm not all that thrilled about her vocals, she seems to be very genuine in character, and i honestly think she's too mature for this show
I agree with you there. Crystal may be too mature for this show, just like Chris Daughtrey was a couple of seasons ago.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 PM

235 posts, read 510,688 times
I agree about Crystal. Honestly, she'll be better off if she doesn't win the top slot. I think she'll do great if she makes it to the top 5 and then goes in her own direction.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:40 PM

351 posts, read 1,874,003 times
Out of curiosity, do you all vote on AI? I'm overseas and watch the show delayed (so cannot vote), but I wondered whether the views in this thread are reflective of the voters or of the armchair commentators.

Based on the comments in this forum, I was surprised to see Lilly go.

But I'm happy that AI is also watching these threads. It got Kara and Simon to sit further apart, and the judges have cooled their heels a bit and refocussed on the contestants.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:40 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I don't think Crystal will last long either.

Somoene sent me a message that maybe she wasn't feeling well and the show must go on. Well, part of "the show must go on" is performing as if you're not sick---still smiling, etc. She can't be an American Idol if she doesn't have the stamina. If she thinks this is hard, just imagine a recording contract and touring the country. People aren't going to pay money to see her if her shows always get cancelled or if she's not energetic and smiling during her concerts.

I give her credit for pushing through, but most voters don't even know she has diabetes. Most voters don't read American Idol news or participate on internet forums. They'll think---"yeah, she can sing, but I don't like her because she doesn't have the right personality."
I think they have a really hectic schedule that would tire out even a healthy person. I noticed too when she sat down after performing...she was pale and shaking. I feel bad for her...your dream in reach and your health at risk. She is no different then Olympic Athletes with injuries going for the gold anyway...its your shot maybe your only one. I think she is very talented and I really don't care whether or nor she smiles....her voice is fantastic and she knows how to use it to her best advantage......Carrie Underwood had no personailty and never smiled but that did not hold her up at all.

I really wish her the best of luck.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:27 PM

36,420 posts, read 16,030,417 times
I just watched the results and was also shocked that Lily went home compared to Katie or Lacey, they don't seem to "have it together" as performers as well as Lily who I believe would have improved greatly.

Also I loved the tone of Alex's voice and sorry to see him leave but should be much more experienced by next season. Didn't really care for Todrick.

Crystal must be very sick or something, she didn't even smile when she got picked for the top 12 but I like her talent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV