Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2010, 06:03 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times

Advertisements

Lady Gaga might have talent, but she wasn't signing on American Idol. She's TERRIBLE at lip syncing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 11:20 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,385,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
<sniffle> I was ready for Casey to go tonight. Knew Aaron wouldn't make it to the end but he really grew on me and it still was sad to see him go. He was so poised handling the review and his last song. I hope that kid goes far.

Speaking of going far...I leave for Hawaii tomorrow! Will see you guys in a week
Hey Toosie - I'll wave at you from a wave! I'll be there on Friday. Just flew in from Singapore last night and flying out again in a few days. Can you say Jet Lag?

Eh -there have been a few comments about what the rest of the world thinks of the US. I was with a lot of very intelligent people from all over the world - All over Asia, Europe, South America, South Africa... don't ever kid yourself - even when they make fun of us, they all made positive comments about our spunk, our individuality, our independent spirits, and our ability to overcome just about anything. And if you think WE have tats, piercings, and weird dress - just go online and pick a country - ANY country - and do a search on teenagers. The UK especially has some -er - 'inneresting' fashion statements. The only negative i heard was that we tend to be somewhat naive about the world and we simplify things too much. Besides - you oughta see Indonesian Idol! What a hoot! Weird Weird Weird...

Old 05-10-2010, 11:37 PM

378 posts, read 424,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by {geek} View Post
desli, I agree with your comments about Ellen. I just love her. She's so funny, and so down to Earth and I bet she's really that way in real life too (e.g., it's not an act just for TV). She seems quite genuine.
Hey geek, how you doing?

I've thought that too about Ellen - that she's funny in real life.

Quote:
I don't like Kara at all though. She flip flops back and forth too much and it's giving too many mixed messages to the contestants. A good example of that would be in how she judged Katie.
Well, you know what, after I posted, I thought about that - I agree, she does tend to say one thing and then another. I like her better than Paula, though. Plus I was really surprised by her pretty singing the other night.

Quote:
If you want to improve or become better at your craft, sugarcoating the truth in an industry that's known for its brutal honesty isn't going to help those kids develop the stones they'll need to succeed.
True.

Quote:
Randy is so-so. He's a likeable guy though. I just think he could offer some better guidance Vs his standard "Dawg you were hot!" ... "I didn't get it Dawg" ... etc.
Dawg . . . dope . . . pitchy. LOL

Quote:
@I think Aaron will have a career in Country Music because that little boy can SING!
He was on Letterman tonight singing My Girl. But it was kind of a rushed version - I don't know what was going on.

Quote:
I've read some interviews with celebrities in the music world that have been tuning in to watch Idol because they like Crystal. It seems Melissa Etheridge is a Crystal fan.
I said the other day I bet a number of singers and musicians are wanting to perform and record with Crystal . . . yes, Melissa, and probably Clapton and Raitt and a host of others blues performers especially.

Say, were you ever able to listen to Farmer's Daughter? Wonder what you think of it. I have listened to it over and over . . . it's sad, but such a well written song and I love the melody and guitar!

Old 05-11-2010, 07:27 AM

894 posts, read 1,127,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
Hey geek, how you doing?
I'm good, thanks for asking. You?

Quote:
Well, you know what, after I posted, I thought about that - I agree, she does tend to say one thing and then another. I like her better than Paula, though. Plus I was really surprised by her pretty singing the other night.
I must have missed that. I took a nap and ended up missing about 15-20 mins of the show. I hate it when I do that, but I was just so darned worn out from a migraine headache.

Quote:
Say, were you ever able to listen to Farmer's Daughter? Wonder what you think of it. I have listened to it over and over . . . it's sad, but such a well written song and I love the melody and guitar!
Nope, not yet, I haven't. My son said he'll play it for me on his computer.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:12 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Dont read if you have not watch tonights episode
Spoiler
I agree with the judges Lee didnt show us nothing, if this was suppose to be artist he is then good luck Lee.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:37 PM

155 posts, read 453,970 times
Better play this safe with a spoiler alert..

Spoiler
I Wasn't really a Crystal fan, But... WOW!!! Lee and Crystal! That was amazing. They sounded great together.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:42 PM

Spoiler
Yeah they are good as duet. MIcheal I agree with the judges.
Casey wtf are you thinking It hard for me to like Ms Robinson.. I always hate that song
Casey made it cute but I still hate that song.. These guys are just being safe.
These are not songs to win it.. OMG I would change radio fast.
Maybe they are saving the best for last...

Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,086,067 times
Spoiler
Crystal was awesome!!!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM

3,273 posts, read 2,969,547 times
Spoiler
Crystal was the best. I do hope she wins. I thought that Mrs. Robinson comment was uncalled for to Kara. Did I miss something? Does Casey have to hots for her?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:02 PM

Spoiler
Crystal was awesome, I have do disagree with the judges Casey & Mike duet didnt work for me, no harmony.
Im not voting as my fav already voted off but I call it base on tonight Crystal, Mike, toss up on Lee
and Casey. If we was to judge all performances Casey going home the Duet saved Lee.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV