Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 09:45 PM

378 posts, read 424,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GayleTX View Post
I was flipping back and forth....who was the black girl that sang and danced so long?
You mean Janet Jackson?

Quote:
I didn't recognize Kelly Clarkson either....it just dawned on me after it was over who it was. I saw her maybe a year ago on something....she didn't look healthy and acted depressed when I saw her then and even moreso tonight.
Fat and untalented.

Quote:
As for Lee.....he seems nice, has talent - but I think he'll be about as 'successful' as Taylor Hicks has been...not!
I agree. Lee seems like a nice guy, but yeah, a lot like Hicks . . . not a lot of personality, just a basic nice, friendly looking guy. Based on his performances last night and tonight, frankly, it didn't seem like he WANTED to win. He seemed to just walk through the songs last night.

But Crystal, on the other hand, acted like SHE wanted to win. However, 2nd place is actually better on Idol, they have more freedom. She's already got a career - there are probably a few dozen seasoned entertainers waiting to perform with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2010, 10:10 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desli View Post
But Crystal, on the other hand, acted like SHE wanted to win. However, 2nd place is actually better on Idol, they have more freedom. She's already got a career - there are probably a few dozen seasoned entertainers waiting to perform with her.
I want to see Crystal make it big ... and drop her last name as a performer.

It would be cool just to call her "Crystal" ... like "Jewel", "Madonna", etc.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:22 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,384,797 times
Noooooooooo.....
i thought Crystal should have won.
But i know why Lee won - it's the dreamy eyes - Kris thing. Dreamy eyes wins over everything with the Tweenies, which is why the producers offer recording contracts to most of the top 10.

That being said, I thought Lee was good tonight. And I do like it when Crystal and Lee do a duet together. They should release a joint album.

Ah well. Great hanging with all the CD Idol fans.
Have a great summer! TTFN!

Old 05-26-2010, 10:23 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
Here is Kelly singing this year, yea she has a little chub but what a voice!

YouTube - Kelly Clarkson Live in Dublin, All I Ever Wanted Tour 2010
I nearly started bawling when Janet started singing that song. I think she is a little old for nasty boy but she did look great! made me miss MJ.
Where was Adam, kinda glad he took a pass
Ruben, holy Hanna, somebody got the plumbing rerouted.
Carrie, absolutely the number one of all time winner. She just has a souring soul. Just love to her her sing, kudos to Kara for the co-writing.
I enjoyed all the acts but you know most were unknown to most. Only Crystal seemed to be in awe. She is an old soul.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,237,139 times
I could really care less who won, but maybe someone can answer for me, which season was that blonde singing next to Justin Guriani from? Who is she? on TV she looked smokin.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:27 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
I could really care less who won, but maybe someone can answer for me, which season was that blonde singing next to Justin Guriani from? Who is she? on TV she looked smokin.
Are you talking about Carrie Underwood? I think she is the only blonde winner/runner up, unless one of the girls dyed her hair.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I want to see Crystal make it big ... and drop her last name as a performer.

It would be cool just to call her "Crystal" ... like "Jewel", "Madonna", etc.
Have you seen this video of Crystal . . . she sounded very much like Jewel back then . . .

Reality Flashback: Crystal Bowersox At Age 13 - Reality Rocks

Old 05-26-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Carrie, absolutely the number one of all time winner. She just has a souring soul. Just love to her her sing . . .
I thought Carrie was good on American Idol, but her singing now is, imo, grating and irritating . . . she is just all-out commercial, nothing special, and comes across as having an attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
Only Crystal seemed to be in awe. She is an old soul.
Absolutely agree . . . she indeed seems a very old soul. Apart from her obvious talent and confidence, Crystal is 100% genuine, no airs or pretense, she's just who she is.

Wonder how long it will take the industry to change her? She does seem to have a strong sense of self, so maybe she'll refuse to give in and sell out.

Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
AWESOME finale, and I'm not referring to the winner Bret Michaels, seeing all the past Idol winners, Dane Cook, I can go on and on!

I'll admit, I'm a Lee fan. I'd do him in a second Crystal was the overall winner in my mind--very well rounded and always consistant. I'm glad Lee won, though. His face at the end said it all

Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,883,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest209 View Post
That was Kimberly Caldwell, from season 2. She was recently dating David Cook, not sure if she still is.
Kimberly Caldwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV