Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2010, 09:11 PM

1,477 posts, read 2,197,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Glad ya stopped by MN2 what took ya so long?

I want to know if they can't take any personal items with them how did Sandra have freshly painted blue nail polish with no chips or fingernail growth? This is when it was down to the final 3 Parvo and she was laying beside each other on the sand they shot to show her hand.

Russell lost any respect I did have for his game play when he kept insisting he played the best and didn't give a darn about the social game. Idiot 1/3 of Survivor is social. Duh. I loved Rupert's speech to him back on the island. Loved he didn't get one single vote and loved seeing his chest heave in and out plus his jaw clinching as the final votes were read. Can't believe he won the Sprint vote & 100K.
I'm glad Sandra won. I couldn't stand Parvarti or Russell. Although I didn't like Russell, and although he is extremely arrogant, I must admit that he is a very good strategist. Well, not regarding his "social" moves, but, in general, he is. For instance, Sandra mentioned that she went to the Heroes to attempt to vote Russell out, but they wouldn't go along with her. That was mainly due to Russell's influence. Each time the Heores had a chance to take the upperhand, at least one of them went along with Russell. That does speak to his gameplay. Plus, two of the "dumbest" moves in Survivor's history were influenced by Russell.

I do not say this to suggest the he should have won. Clearly, he needs to be more cognizant of the "social" aspect of the game. However, his arrogance will probably always prevent that. Yet, even though I do not like Russell, I can't deny that he clearly is one of better players that I've seen play the game. Plus, he kept the game exciting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 09:16 PM

332 posts, read 772,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintleif View Post
He won the Sprint vote because everyone knew he played the best.
Rupert was #2, so I don't think that the Sprint vote is a good measurement of who was the best player.

Russell's attitude at the reunion made it clear why he didn't get any jury votes. He's an overbearing jerk. Most people aren't gonna reward that kind of person no matter how many strategic moves he made.

I thought Parv was the one who got robbed. Sandra played well, but Parv's performances in the challenges were amazing, and her social game was solid. I think the jury just considered her guilty by associaton with Russell. We know why Sandra got Rupert's, Candice's, and Courtney's votes, but I'd like to know why her other supporters voted for her.

Last edited by user376; 05-16-2010 at 09:32 PM..

Old 05-16-2010, 09:28 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Russell is in total denial about how much he is disliked. Strategy is very important along with the ability to hang in there. BUT, you also have to get along with people to some degree and not continuously bad mouth women and behave in such a rude manner. The guy is disgusting. I got so tired of hearing him say how wonderful he is. He's not wonderful. He's an a$$ (and a dirty one at that).

I'm pleased that Sandra won. I liked her a lot in Pearl and this season, too. She is quite crafty and makes no bones about it. With Sandra what you see is what you get. I like that.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 PM

540 posts, read 1,329,255 times
Since the cat is out of the bag, I guess there is no need to use spoiler tags.

The last Survivor epi started out with Russell whining that Sandra didn’t tell him that she had a HII. And of course when she brings up the fact that he never told her when he was in possession of the HIIs, he ignores those facts and wants to move on. He’s a jackass, plain and simple.

And as usual. Russell gets way too much camera time rambling with his own special brand of delusions.

After losing the plate challenge, there’s Colby trying to convince himself that he’s not a quitter

Really hated to see Russell get the final immunity necklace. He said, ‘I suffered way too much in this game not to win it.†‘barf’

Loved Sandra calling Russell obnoxious and burning his hat.

Russell’s statement to the jury caused a whole lot of eye rolling. I truly loved how Russell continued to dig his own grave in front of the jury, even after some of them gave him a chance to soften the blows he laid on them. He is a clueless tool

Good grief….Coach needed to make a statement. That guy has issues and lives in lala land. Dragons are majestic, mythical creatures. Why slay them Coach…..why?

It was very nice to see Rupert give Sandra credit for trying to warn the Heroes about Russell, and being so sincere and gallant about it.

Although I wanted Rob to win, it was satisfying to see that delusional Russell get not one vote. Not one. He is loathed by his peers.Yes he got the 100k, but hopefully there will be a judgment against him for assault and a deserving person will end up with the money.

Colby's explanation as to why he stunk was interesting. And Jaxon, he did look pretty at the reunion. A bit thin, but it was nice to see him smile.

Looks like Boston Rob was the biggest winner after all. His baby is precious and he looked like such a proud papa.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,671,465 times
Pervati was the good cop in russells good cop bad cop game and she made the decision to run with him from the get go, so if you are anti russell by default you are anti pervati.

Russell I think could have won depending on the jury if people had recognized that yes he lied and screwed them over, but he played hard. But with the group up there that just wasn't going to happen.

Some people tell me that life isn't like the game of Survivor, but it is. The brightest, most athletic, most talented people are not the ones that always make it to the top and there is a lot more to it. Sandra earned her win. I think she was a lock for the win, when it was realized the heroes could have won if they had listened to her.

Great season, really enjoyed it.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
Colby's explanation as to why he stunk was interesting. And Jaxon, he did look pretty at the reunion. A bit thin, but it was nice to see him smile.

Looks like Boston Rob was the biggest winner after all. His baby is precious and he looked like such a proud papa.
He cleans up nicely eh? I can see his point but they are not there to go cliff diving during the day either. But some people need that kind of stimulation to be at the top of their game in real life also I suppose. Still think he could of done better in challenges. At least he still holds the record for most individual challenges won.

Glad to see Amber & the baby and for Dimples to proclaim she was the first Survivor baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Some people tell me that life isn't like the game of Survivor, but it is. The brightest, most athletic, most talented people are not the ones that always make it to the top and there is a lot more to it. Sandra earned her win. I think she was a lock for the win, when it was realized the heroes could have won if they had listened to her.

Great season, really enjoyed it.
At my 10 year high school class reunion the popular kids & cheerleaders came to it fat. The athletes that got "away" with everything had beer bellies and were balding. The most successful of us all? The nerds! They came driving fancy sports cars, nice suits & dresses, bling but their personalities never changed. Still likeable and didn't hold grudges towards the popular kids that made fun of them in high school. That is class. By the time our 20 year reunion rolled around most of those nerds were retired and traveling the country or world.

Jeff has tooted Russell's horn in the last 2 seasons on his blog but he was getting a little angry with him at the reunion show. I could tell his nostrils started to flare out a bit. Russell showed his true colors once again at the reunion he is more than a jerk and I do hope a lawsuit pulls that 100k right out of his dirty hands.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:26 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,796 times
Quote:
At my 10 year high school class reunion the popular kids & cheerleaders came to it fat. The athletes that got "away" with everything had beer bellies and were balding. The most successful of us all? The nerds! They came driving fancy sports cars, nice suits & dresses, bling but their personalities never changed. Still likeable and didn't hold grudges towards the popular kids that made fun of them in high school. That is class. By the time our 20 year reunion rolled around most of those nerds were retired and traveling the country or world.
I'm waiting til tomorrow to post about tonight's finale, but I just had to say, Jax, that I hope my class is similar to yours. I was a nerd and my 10-year reunion is coming up sometime this year....I can only hope we prevailed over the jocks/athletes! I heard that many in the class of 99, which graduated right before me, got pregnant right after they graduated or gained a ton of weight. Some of them were so pompous!

Okay, I'm going to bed--talk to y'all tomorrow!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:15 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I'm waiting til tomorrow to post about tonight's finale, but I just had to say, Jax, that I hope my class is similar to yours. I was a nerd and my 10-year reunion is coming up sometime this year....I can only hope we prevailed over the jocks/athletes! I heard that many in the class of 99, which graduated right before me, got pregnant right after they graduated or gained a ton of weight. Some of them were so pompous!

Okay, I'm going to bed--talk to y'all tomorrow!
I hope yours is like mine also. It is nice to see the tables turn please let me know how yours turns out.

Thought of another thing Russell kept insisting on that he didn't play 2 seasons he played 1 because they were back to back. What earth does he live on? His first season ended with a clear winner, not him. His 2nd season started and ended with a clear winner not him again.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
ROFLMAO RussHoleTroll loses again ahd I'll bet that girl at his bar is gonna go after his 100k

Old 05-16-2010, 11:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,083,596 times
Quote:
I hope yours is like mine also. It is nice to see the tables turn please let me know how yours turns out.

Thought of another thing Russell kept insisting on that he didn't play 2 seasons he played 1 because they were back to back. What earth does he live on? His first season ended with a clear winner, not him. His 2nd season started and ended with a clear winner not him again.
I really didn't like how they kept talking about playing only one season. That's why he got so far. If you read interviews from the others, he would have been voted off first had they seen him play before. He came off as a complete pompous you know what. I loved it when he tried to shake Rob's hand, and Rob wouldn't do it. They all know he's a jerk, and you can tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV