Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2010, 04:46 AM

24,869 posts, read 24,311,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I can't believe Russell won America's vote - Not so sure about that.

I'm Glad it's over with and I'm so Glad Sandra won!!!! Woot!

So much for Poverty and Russell's hard work...

As I said - it's all about Numbers. Russell never had the numbers!!! He should of learned the first time around!!!

What Sandra meant about losing the competitions and saying there's strategy - By losing them, makes her look "weak".... So she wouldn't be a threat down the road.

Until Next Season............
Yeah, lets reward weak play, and no work.

Sandra did nothing this season. All of her attempts to, were blasted away. She won a popularity contest, thats it.

Russell made no friends, he played his game, and he is happy with it. I understand his frustration, he feels that you should be judged on just getting to the end, as quickly as possible. However, the social aspect is also very important.

Thats why, a few weeks after the merge, I thought that Parv deserved to win.

Then you had Rupert going around "Heroes this, and Heroes that" Rupert is no hero. If anyone up there was a Hero, it was Tom and Colby, the rest blurred the line so often, you couldn't tell what they were.

So, the jury was left with two votes. One for the hot girl that no one liked, because she beat them, or the army wife, who was just trying to get through.

Last nights vote was a joke. Russell was right, any game that allows someone like Sandra to win, and not Parv, is broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2010, 05:44 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,239,015 times
I think Sandra played a smart game. She flew below the radar and that is what saved her. While the other players were trying to eat each other alive we have Sandra who sat back and watched. As a result, she did not make any stupid/ignorant moves and did nothing she would be ashamed of. She did not make anyone angry at her. That's the way to win and it is hard to do. But Sandra did it and she deserved to win because of it.

I'll also add that I thought this season was great. There were truly some stunning tribal councils with things happening that were totally unexpected. That's what I liked about it. There were truly some exciting segments. Watching the final 4 duke it out was amazing.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:21 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,231,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think Sandra played a smart game. She flew below the radar and that is what saved her. While the other players were trying to eat each other alive we have Sandra who sat back and watched. As a result, she did not make any stupid/ignorant moves and did nothing she would be ashamed of. She did not make anyone angry at her. That's the way to win and it is hard to do. But Sandra did it and she deserved to win because of it.

I'll also add that I thought this season was great. There were truly some stunning tribal councils with things happening that were totally unexpected. That's what I liked about it. There were truly some exciting segments. Watching the final 4 duke it out was amazing.
Sandra did not fly below the radar. She was verbally abusive toward Russell and others. She tried to get Russell voted off to no avail. She was taken to the Final Three because she was essentially viewed as a worthless piece of cow dung who would not provide any threat during the jury evaluation. In reality, the jury disliked Russell and Parvati on a personal level more and Sandra won by default. There was no strategy employed by Sandra.

Old 05-17-2010, 06:31 AM

7,327 posts, read 5,447,523 times
I didn't like anyone in the final three. Sandra was the lesser of the three evils IMO. I thought it was funny that Russell didn't even get one vote. He did win the $100,000 though which didn't surprise me. Some people thought he played the game the right way but like Jeff and Tom said there is a social part to the game which Russell didn't play. And no surprise either that JT won the dumbest move award.
This was best season of Survivor too. I can't wait until the next one!

Old 05-17-2010, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
What Sandra meant about losing the competitions and saying there's strategy - By losing them, makes her look "weak".... So she wouldn't be a threat down the road.

Until Next Season............
Right...so Sandra could have won challenges but deliberately lost each and every one and sacraficed having immunity so that she could look weak. Please...Sandra had no comeback response and gave a weak response to save face. The only reason she won is because the jury disliked Parvati and Russell; it's not because they felt she played a good game.

And it wasn't Sandra's plan to lay low. She tried to vote Russell off and tried to strategize but it just failed. The only reason she made it to the Final Three is because Russell and Parvati chose not to take her out. It has nothing to do with anything Sandra did. It's not like Sandra was nice and was a some peacemaker. Russell assumed the jury would be smart enough to recognize that Sandra did nothing and instead the Jury voted like a bunch of high school kids and voted out Parvati and Russell due to drama. I can understand Russell not winning but I was shocked that they didn't at least vote for Parvati. Sandra did nothing

Old 05-17-2010, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
I didn't like anyone in the final three. Sandra was the lesser of the three evils IMO. I thought it was funny that Russell didn't even get one vote. He did win the $100,000 though which didn't surprise me. Some people thought he played the game the right way but like Jeff and Tom said there is a social part to the game which Russell didn't play. And no surprise either that JT won the dumbest move award.
This was best season of Survivor too. I can't wait until the next one!
This was the best season of Survivor. And I agree that Russell shouldn't have won because he played a poor social game. Parvati should have won because unlike Russell she played a good social game in addition to strategizing welll and winning challenges. There is a flaw in the game if someone like Sandra wins.

The problem I have with Survivor is it's becoming formulaic. In the Final Three, you have two people who earned their way there by strategizing and winning challenges. The third person is some loser who is nice. The people on the Jury are jealous of the two strategists who took them out and vote for the loser by default. That is the flaw with the game. I agree with Russell that 1/3 of the vote should be made by the viewing audience. Russell was right, Parvati at least deserved to win but not Sandra

Old 05-17-2010, 06:56 AM

1,015 posts, read 2,158,252 times
The all-star seasons just aren't working for me anymore. In reality, these people all know each other, some are close friends and no matter how the game was played, they will vote for who they like more.

Although Russell is the better strategizer, he's socially not as good as Parv - who IMO, should have won. She was the best player this season. Sandra doesn't even make my list.

What bothers me during the last tribal council is, Parv didn't go far enough in explaining all the moves that put her there. She didn't seperate herself enough from Russell and say how much she actually played him. That may have changed the votes.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:24 AM

10,156 posts, read 11,120,497 times
People tend to vote with their heart, not head. It's not always the best player who wins this....

If you pi$$ off enough people(even if you were a great player) you won't get the votes.

I'm not saying Sandra was a strong player at all. I was stating what she was trying to say, about losing the comps. I think Poverty was much more of a player and probably should of won...

Poverty's downfall was sticking with Russell through out the game. He was hated by so many....

I'm glad Russell didn't win and got not one single vote - Priceless. Haha!!!!

I'm not keen on the viewers vote. I'd say keep it as it is. Let the Jury decide and only the Jury.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:53 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,675,000 times
I'm a little late joining but better late than never, right?

I was a Russell fan since last season. He plays hard. I don't root for him because he's mean or manipulative. I root for him because he really plays the game. I would've liked him to have won, but I knew he didn't stand a chance since everyone hated him. I really hope that after watching the finale tonight he learns that the social aspect of the game IS important, and if they ever have him back I hope he uses that knowledge.

I didn't want Parvati to win. She just rubs me the wrong way, and I don't know why.

I'm not all that disappointed that Sandra won simply because even though she isn't the best player, I did see her point in that Parvati and Russell had each other throughout the game. Sandra really didn't have anyone keeping her safe. Her villains did to an extent, but I think she knew she was never as safe as some of the others. A lot of people like Sandra, but to me I've always seen her as mean. Yes, Russell was mean too. However, I think his meanness is more game play whereas Sandra I would guess is herself in the game. I think her meanness is real.

Since I knew Russell didn't stand a chance, I was hoping Colby would make it to the end. He's a good guy.

One thing that really gets me, though, is people all over the internet and people in the game are hating on Russell for how he played the game and praising people like Sandra and Rupert. Sandra hated Russell and tried to get rid of him but STILL chose to vote with him and stay in his alliance throughout the game. If she thinks he's that bad, what does that say about her? Rupert is just as bad. He admitted to lying, stealing, etc. He said, "that's the game" or something to that extent. So why is it okay for him and not for Russell? Is it because Rupert is labeled a hero? That makes it okay? He and Colby BOTH thought Russell was about the worst person in the world, and yet last week they were BOTH willing to align with him. What does that say about them? They think he's evil, but they'll align with evil if it gets them a chance at the prize. Russell was very open to people's faces about what he thought about them, which may have been his downfall. However, it's not fair for anyone to call him out on it when a lot of them are equally as bad behind his back or other people's back or when talking to the camera. A few of them said Russell took his behavior "too far." Who determine what "too far" is?

On a lighter note, I thought Jerri looked beautiful at the final tribal council but had way too much makeup on at the reunion show. Amanda looked gorgeous. I've always said she's the one person in the game who looks more beautiful without makeup than with makeup, but last night she looked really good. Colby looked great! James looked great! Stephenie even looked really nice, and I usually don't think she does. I thought Boston Rob was a jerk for not shaking Russell's hand. Johnny Fairplay in the audience = YUCK! If they ever do a show like this again, I REALLY hope they bring back Johnathan Penner. Love him! He should've been there this season. And I still like Coach. He's odd, but I think he's a good guy.

It was a great season, though. My only favorite that made it to the end was Russell. I would've loved to have seen a Tom/Cirie/Russell top three.

Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,112,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I'm waiting til tomorrow to post about tonight's finale, but I just had to say, Jax, that I hope my class is similar to yours. I was a nerd and my 10-year reunion is coming up sometime this year....I can only hope we prevailed over the jocks/athletes! I heard that many in the class of 99, which graduated right before me, got pregnant right after they graduated or gained a ton of weight. Some of them were so pompous!

Okay, I'm going to bed--talk to y'all tomorrow!
Was that HS or college, IBfT? LOL either way you is just a babeeeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
I really didn't like how they kept talking about playing only one season. That's why he got so far. If you read interviews from the others, he would have been voted off first had they seen him play before. He came off as a complete pompous you know what. I loved it when he tried to shake Rob's hand, and Rob wouldn't do it. They all know he's a jerk, and you can tell.
That was priceless, psr! I was sitting here giving Boston Rob two thumbs up for that! Loved his "I'll kick your a$$" challenge too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Yay! This season is finally over. Even though Jeff said it was the best, it was definitely the worst.
The funniest words ever spoken in Survivor were Parvati saying she just kept Russell as her pet for the entire game. His face went stony and he flinched. Hilarious. The ending with Sandra winning was the best part of the whole season I had to suffer through. Next time in the future that there is an "all-star" cast, i am skipping it!
I can't wait for the new season this fall, with new people finally! I just hope there are no more Russells, but knowing the producers of the show, they will find a way to get someone much worse that Russholeidiot. I wonder if he even cares that most of America hates him...(probably not)
That was the best line of all time Survivor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
He won the Sprint vote because America votes with their head and not their heart.

I wanted Russell to win but I thought Parvati deserved to win. She played the most balanced game. She was a little strategic; she played a good social game and won challenges. Either Russell or Parvati deserved to win. The fact that Sandra didn't win one challenge or convince anyone to vote off Russell shows that she just got lucky.

Indeed. Just like season 19 America could appreciate Russell's good game playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post

I agree with that staement, Keta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
This was the best season of Survivor. And I agree that Russell shouldn't have won because he played a poor social game. Parvati should have won because unlike Russell she played a good social game in addition to strategizing welll and winning challenges. There is a flaw in the game if someone like Sandra wins.

The problem I have with Survivor is it's becoming formulaic. In the Final Three, you have two people who earned their way there by strategizing and winning challenges. The third person is some loser who is nice. The people on the Jury are jealous of the two strategists who took them out and vote for the loser by default. That is the flaw with the game. I agree with Russell that 1/3 of the vote should be made by the viewing audience. Russell was right, Parvati at least deserved to win but not Sandra
I also think America should have a say. It's getting pretty frustrating to see people win the "popularity contest" and not the ones who really "out witted, out lasted, out played" them all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy S in PBC View Post
The all-star seasons just aren't working for me anymore. In reality, these people all know each other, some are close friends and no matter how the game was played, they will vote for who they like more.

Although Russell is the better strategizer, he's socially not as good as Parv - who IMO, should have won. She was the best player this season. Sandra doesn't even make my list.

What bothers me during the last tribal council is, Parv didn't go far enough in explaining all the moves that put her there. She didn't seperate herself enough from Russell and say how much she actually played him. That may have changed the votes.
Her "pet" line would've won it for her I bet!

It's been great again folks. See you for season 21.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV