U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,560,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
Russell didn't watch his own season. Hence, why he's playing like he did last time and he'll end up being a 2 time loser of this show. No one on the jury's gonna vote for him. Just like they didn't last time. LOL cracks me up that he didn't learn from his first time out. In trying to be so smart... he's so stupid.
Just wait until Parvati is done with him...he won't know what hit him and I'm not really a Parvati fan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 05:12 PM

332 posts, read 466,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
eww...i don't know about that, think about it...his plan was to GIVE the HII up to his opponent, with the ASSUMPTION that:

1. Russell is about to get voted off
2. Russell is a trust-worthy player
3. Russell will join up with them after merge

think about that! how stupid is that?? (rhetorical question)

on top of that, it wasn't just JT...the WHOLE hero's team bought into that stupid move!!

gotta be one of the most stupid moves in the history of Survivor...
I agree JT's move was a bad one for the reasons you named. However, you didn't respond to my comparing it with Tyson's move. I say Tyson's is worse. Tyson ruined a foolproof plan, and even if his plan had worked, it would have provided him a very tiny benefit (eliminating Parv instead of Russell, something his bloc could simply have done at the next Tribal). JT's move, OTOH, has an enormous potential upside, so even though it's ultimately too risky to be justifiable, it's not as poor a play as Tyson's.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:13 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,612,699 times
Even though it would have been a tie Jerri should have at least made the effort to get rid of Russell. It would have been a beautiful blindside.

The Heroes have to be the dumbest group ever. You are told the man is in the top 5 most dangerous and you still try to save him?

I can't wait to see the look on their faces when Sandra lets them know how stupid they are. Considering the two HII and the alliance, if the Heroes accept Sandra, Jerri will go next.

Since Russell doesn't know about Parvo's HII she may convince him to give his HII to her to save herself from the first merge vote and leave him way vulnerable.

That would be interesting.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:27 PM

2,212 posts, read 3,131,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Just wait until Parvati is done with him...he won't know what hit him and I'm not really a Parvati fan.
Not a fan of hers either but I loved when she said, "Russell thinks he's the king of Survivor? Well, I'm the queen." And despite her so-called loyalty, I thought it was telling that she hasn't mentioned the Immunity Idol to Russell. She can smell a weasel even if his season wasn't shown yet.

Another poster was correct in saying that despite Russell's intelligence in playing the game, he always forgets the key play at the end...people have to want to vote for you.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:20 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,560,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Not a fan of hers either but I loved when she said, "Russell thinks he's the king of Survivor? Well, I'm the queen." And despite her so-called loyalty, I thought it was telling that she hasn't mentioned the Immunity Idol to Russell. She can smell a weasel even if his season wasn't shown yet.

Another poster was correct in saying that despite Russell's intelligence in playing the game, he always forgets the key play at the end...people have to want to vote for you.
Yup...Russell thinks he's going to walk right through the game and be handed the $1M check. I can't wait for the finale. http://bestsmileys.com/lol/14.gif (broken link)

Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,384,912 times
I know JT's move looks stupid but we really don't know the outcome yet.....

Old 04-17-2010, 08:38 AM

If the Heroes are smart - yes, I know - get smart, they'll vote off JT for being so dumb. I think Russell is in for a major blindside. It's gonna be sweet!

Old 04-17-2010, 10:21 AM

2,212 posts, read 3,131,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
If the Heroes are smart - yes, I know - get smart, they'll vote off JT for being so dumb. I think Russell is in for a major blindside. It's gonna be sweet!
What would be sweet is if the Heroes continue to pretend that Russell is their friend, and then, after finding out from Sandra that he's not to be trusted, they play him and send him home. It would take one of the Heroes actually being smart, and I'm not sure who could do it. Perhaps if Sandra and Amanda get together. The problem is that Russell is VERY good at smelling trouble and if the Heroes decide to try and blindside him, he'll be able to tell just from looking at Rupert's face that something is up.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:58 AM

2,262 posts, read 1,538,167 times
This is the 2nd dumbest move in Survivor history. You never give a HII away like that. It only has power to help you if it is in YOUR hands. Never ever give someone power over yourself. It is Survivor, YOU come first, especially if you only think, what you know is happening on the other tribe.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:22 AM

The Heroes are so stupid, when they see Courtney gone, they'll probably think that Russell used the idol to save himself. They'll probably think that he didn't have enough influence to get Parvo and that's why Courtney is gone instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV