U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2010, 07:22 AM

11,907 posts, read 6,887,579 times
Parvati made one of the best moves in idol history last night. What a clever thing to do. I don't care for her but she is smart. I just love watching Russell getting the old blindside.

JT-man, what has been wrong with you this season? How on earth could you put your trust in Russell? And, that sure was a traveling Immunity Idol. It made the rounds and ended up as the most useful II that I can remember.

Rupert-I was glad to see him using his brain again.

Sandra-I've always liked to see her play. She is fun to watch because she manages to pull off scathingly brilliant moves without breaking a sweat.

Last night was good, good, good entertainment. What a hoot. The TCs this season have been great fun. There are some real characters this go 'round and watching them catch the others off guard has been good TV.

I'm still stunned by Parv's move. Great job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2010, 08:27 AM

2,212 posts, read 2,951,954 times
Last night's epi was one of the best I've seen this season. Loved Pervi's move...especially seeing Russell's face. Russell doesn't like it when "his girls" don't let him be the king of the hill. How funny that he laughed in the camera that JT was so stupid for giving him the immunity idol and then he turns around and does the same thing with Pervi.

While I am still holding out hope for the Heroes, JT was definitely the one who needed to go home last night. I have no idea why he jumped on the Russell-mobile, but he needed to get eliminated so he can sit on the jury and see for himself that his blind allegiance was ridiculous. Glad to see that the Heroes stuck together (at least) and finally started using their heads. The problem was the Pervi can smell a rat just as well as Russell can and she wasn't having anything that Amanda was trying to give her. Amanda is going to need to be a much better liar than that.

As I predicted, Sandra immediately told the Heroes what's what and God bless Rupert for believing her. Sandra summed it up..."I don't forgive and I don't forget". She is not dumb (despite a previous post where I said she was) and she is going to play her hand when the time is right. She is smart enough to know that last night, her vote needed to be with the Villains but it looks like next week, with no Idol, she is going after Russell. Not sure IF it's going to work, but that would be sweet...watching JT and Russell have to sit on the jury.

Old 04-23-2010, 08:40 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,654,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
As I predicted, Sandra immediately told the Heroes what's what and God bless Rupert for believing her.

Great prediction! Oh wait, wasn't that actually previewed the previous week? yeah it was lol You can take credit for it if you want though

Old 04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Status: "Chin up things can only get better" (set 18 days ago)

9,650 posts, read 12,878,391 times
Silly little JT; assumed Russell was just a "good ole country boy" just like himself - duh! Even Rupert caught a clue and said that Russell isn't on the villain team for nothing!

No wonder Amanda didn't get the votes to win last time she was on. She sucks at Survivor - she's got a great bod, but is lacking in the brains department. It is still unclear to me if she perhaps fumbled her way through her lie about the TC vote because she's really planning to align with Perverti (typo, and it stays).

Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 AM

2,212 posts, read 2,951,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Great prediction! Oh wait, wasn't that actually previewed the previous week? yeah it was lol You can take credit for it if you want though
Ha ha...actually I said that 3 weeks ago when Coach was voted off...I really should play Powerball as I have a "sixth sense."

Old 04-23-2010, 09:48 AM

6,302 posts, read 5,534,885 times
Yes, Last night was a great episode! I do not like Poverty, but it was a classic move!

JT - DUH.......

Old 04-23-2010, 09:49 AM

6,198 posts, read 4,734,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
tami I understood what you wrote on the DWTS thread I was just extending the jabbing over her on this thread. I thought it was friendlier and nobody would take offense clearly somebody did. Glad you understood the teasing.

To keep "on topic" tonight's deal will go down in Survivor history.
I didn't take any offense. I just asked because I didn't know. Tami, and most of the people here, can take a little good-natured teasing.

Did Parvati get lucky, or did she plan for things to work out the way they did?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:35 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,329,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Did Parvati get lucky, or did she plan for things to work out the way they did?
A little bit of both. Honestly, I don't believe Parv extremely intelligent, but she knows how to read people, she doesn't give into her emotions, and can think on her feet.

IMO, if Parv doesn't get voted off next week (provided she doesn't win immunity or find another idol), all players are officially the dumbest bunch in Survivor history and deserve to lose to her!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 PM

1,644 posts, read 2,654,413 times
Anyone else read that russell was arrested in louisiana last night?

Old 04-23-2010, 02:19 PM

537 posts, read 758,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Anyone else read that russell was arrested in louisiana last night?
For impersonating a king? Bet that knocked him down a few pegs.

Edit to add...Just found the story. He's a nasty bully, and just can't help himself.

"The diminutive "villain" from this year's Survivor "Heroes vs Villains" Russell Dennis Hantz 37, was arrested immediately Friday night after shoving another tourist in Lafayette to attend the Festival Internacional de Louisiane. Hantz calls Dayton, Texas his home.
The festival is a 5-day event that is held to celebrate being of French ancestry and all that is France in Louisiana.
The victim is confirmed to be an 18-year-old female who was partying near Russell and was unceremoniously pushed to the pavement after coming too close to the "Survivor" villain. The Lafayette police were quick to cuff Hantz and haul him off to jail (I guess the tribe has spoken) where he has since been released."

"Survivor" villain Russell Hantz arrested in Louisiana for battery on 18 year old female

(http://www.examiner.com/x-34484-Tallahassee-Celebrity-Headlines-Examiner%7Ey2010m4d23-Survivor-villain-Russell-Hantz-arrested-in-Louisiana-for-battery-on-18-year-old-femal - broken link)

Last edited by baseballgal; 04-23-2010 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV