Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 09:50 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times

Advertisements

I only started watching this a few months ago and I really enjoy it. Basically it's Joe McHale, "Community" making fun of talk shows and "reality" shows. Since the only "talk" show I watch is Letterman and in my life I've only ever watched about 3 hours of any "reality" show, that was the Golf Channel's "Big Break", I get a kick out of this.

The writer's have to be the snarkiest, most sarcastic people going (note to self; apply for a job as one of their writers). But since the MORONS, IDIOTS and ATTENTION WH***S who populate these shows are just that, they deserve everything they get.

This week they're featuring their "top 40" clips of 2009. 21 through 40 are on now (December 26th onward) and 1-20 will premiere on January 1st. It's on "E" Entertainment channel and it's the only thing on that channel I've ever watched, although I've caught a few minutes of "Chelsea Lately" and I may watch it some in the future.

Check it out.

golfgod
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 10:02 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
yes, I love The Soup. Hardly ever miss it. It is the only way I even know who some of the people on reality TV are (I'm not sure it is a good thing that I know who they are!)

Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Another Soup fan here! It used to be called Talk Soup and went through several different hosts - most of whom went on to successful careers in the industry. Hal Sparks and Greg Kinnear are the two that come to mind. Greg was so cute back then and no one would have guessed he'd end up doing so well as a movie actor (As Good As it Gets, for example).

Golf, I'm pretty sure they started a spin off version of The Soup that's sports related. It might be on ESPN? Sounds like something you might like - never saw it myself so I don't know if it's any good.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:47 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,678,259 times
The Soup can be really funny. I'm a random type of person, so this show fits me perfectly. My absolute favorite clip was the Oprah's Favorite Things clip last year. We laughed so loud when it came on, our jerk of a neighbor--who has never waved or acknowledged our presence before that point--screamed for us to stop f'in laughing. It was that funny.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:55 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,453,208 times
Fellow Husky History alum Joel McHale! I like his show a lot.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:09 AM

750 posts, read 2,275,970 times
Great show it's too damn funny. A lot of the shows or clips they make fun of are the same that my girlfiriend and I make fun of also so it appeals to our humor. They do a good job of making fun of the reality shows and the faux celebrities. I really liked when Aisha Tyler was the host (was talk Soup then) and I didn't think they could have gotten anyone funnier but Joel is hilarious, he's the best at ad-libbing.

Last edited by JasonPaul; 12-28-2009 at 11:31 AM..

Old 12-28-2009, 11:19 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,569 times
Well at least something good can be made from all the reality show trash And it's really funny too. I also like a similar show I discovered while surfing The Dish hosted by Danielle Fishel - mystyle.com. Danielle Fishel is a hoot

Old 12-28-2009, 11:26 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,846,914 times
Yeah I've seen something on the channel guide called "Sports Soup", I think it's on Spike or something up in that channel range.

Yeah, Aisha Tyler, I love her, beauty and brains (Yale or Princeton IIRC) in one package. Esquire had her in their "Women We Love" segment about 8 or 10 years ago. I knew she used to host something called "Talk Soup" or whatever it was, but back in the day I didn't have cable. I would have gottten it just to watch her but my wife might have been jealous.

I'm like a lot of the rest of you, I wouldn't know who these morons; Jon and Kate, The Kardashians, Tyra and Wendy Williams ever are without "The Soup".

golfgod

Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 AM

444 posts, read 799,133 times
that show in the bomb!!! Joel McHale is too freaking funny. They don't pull any punches and are an equal opportunity offender. I try and catch is every week.

Chat Stew.......so meaty.

Old 12-28-2009, 11:32 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
Fellow Husky History alum Joel McHale!
That's news...I didn't know he was a Husky! I love his show, but I only ever seem to catch reruns. I don't know when the show airs for the first take.
I've love to see him in concert too. Maybe one day he'll head back to the PACNW so we can go see him. Very funny guy!

Chelsea's pretty funny, too. She gets pretty raunchy sometimes, but you can't help laughing at her. The only time I ever saw her not in complete control of an interview and without any smart-aleck comment to make was when she was utterly dedazzled by Adam Lambert. She was positively glambertized! (OT, sorry)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV