Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 01:29 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,016,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy today!

I have my own TZ marathon on Netflix. No putting up with tons of SyFy commercials, and cuts to the shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 01:35 PM

22,845 posts, read 6,437,040 times
Twilight Zone marathon...just saw "Nothing in the Dark"....old woman afraid of death not realizing
Robert Redford is "death".....saw it when I was a young teenager, now I'm 70.... how fast time passes.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:19 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
I have my own TZ marathon on Netflix. No putting up with tons of SyFy commercials, and cuts to the shows.
It's heresy, what they do to these shows. I recorded "The Howling Man" earlier just to see if, by chance, they had at all mended their ways. Nope....again cut most of the most important sequence, by far, in the episode....the devil's walk from his cell down the corridor, appearing more like the devil each time he emerged from behind a new pillar.

What a waste.

Old 07-04-2017, 06:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Speaking of changing episodes, i swear an episode change the ending - re the episode with William Shatner, who sees the monster on the airplane wing. At the end of the episode, i remember the pilot looked at the wing, and actually saw that what William Shatner saw was true. But the ending of this did not show that. so i turned on Netflix and it was the same ending.

So do you all remember that or was that my imagination? (speaking about how the current marathon might change or leave out scenes.

Old 07-04-2017, 07:49 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Speaking of changing episodes, i swear an episode change the ending - re the episode with William Shatner, who sees the monster on the airplane wing. At the end of the episode, i remember the pilot looked at the wing, and actually saw that what William Shatner saw was true. But the ending of this did not show that. so i turned on Netflix and it was the same ending.

So do you all remember that or was that my imagination? (speaking about how the current marathon might change or leave out scenes.
It's been many years since I saw the original, so I can't say for sure. This clip....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFbWJJj9uFU

has the camera panning the wing at the end to show the lifted cowling and that looks right from my memory. Not sure if you're saying you remember something different.

Old 07-04-2017, 09:55 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Love these marathons. No fireworks for the Fourth. Glued to the Twilight Zone.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
It's been many years since I saw the original, so I can't say for sure. This clip....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFbWJJj9uFU

has the camera panning the wing at the end to show the lifted cowling and that looks right from my memory. Not sure if you're saying you remember something different.
yes that's what I see too, both on the marathon and on Netflix.. but I swear I remember seeing this other part which made the whole ending more chilling.

Old 07-05-2017, 07:55 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
yes that's what I see too, both on the marathon and on Netflix.. but I swear I remember seeing this other part which made the whole ending more chilling.
I believe what you're remembering (I remember it, too) is the ending from the 1980's Twilight Zone movie segment with John Lithgow.

Old 07-05-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
I believe what you're remembering (I remember it, too) is the ending from the 1980's Twilight Zone movie segment with John Lithgow.
Oh, so that's it then! Thank you.

Old 07-06-2017, 02:41 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Love these marathons. No fireworks for the Fourth. Glued to the Twilight Zone.

Same here. Watching the Twilight Zone marathon has become a July 4 habit for me. I know every episode by heart but I still watch it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV