Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2010, 04:02 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,123,716 times

Advertisements

Another ho-hum, lack lustre show. For all the COO's talking about doing his job better now, I noticed he stayed right behind his big corporate desk when showing the employees who he really was. Didn't even extend his hand out for a shake with most (all?) of them. The employee had to initiate it. Name a race after what'shisname's daughter? Meaghan? Whoopy do ding! How about the proceeds go to the young jockies or something? Stupid show now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,998,325 times
yes i agree it is stupid and it does not change anything the ceo still sits behind his desk on his azz !! collecting his big bucks on the backs of others . Yeah this guy from louisville was a real winner whoopy !!!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,772,384 times
He only made minor changes in the lives of the few people he worked with while undercover.

He didn't make any changes that would improve the business or make life better for all employees.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:05 PM

4,357 posts, read 6,508,030 times
I take it all with a grain of salt - these aren't ordinary job auditions, not with a camera crew tagging along.

Also: anyone here not know what thier companies CEO looks like?

Old 03-17-2010, 01:52 PM

43,854 posts, read 50,982,736 times
I guess I'll miss the rest of these since Celebrity Apprentice is now on at the same time. I'll look to see if I can find them online.

Old 03-17-2010, 02:52 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,084,777 times
Both are shown online. We have to remember this is a one hour show. These guys are ther e for one week. They can't show us everything. Also, I'm chooising to be optimistic and believe that even though the CEOs go back to their lives they, do think about how their decisions affect those people they worked side by side with.

I don't understand what the people in this forum are upset about, what do you expect the CEOs to do differently?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,123,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
I take it all with a grain of salt - these aren't ordinary job auditions, not with a camera crew tagging along.

Also: anyone here not know what thier companies CEO looks like?
I sure don't know what the CEO, COO, or any of the top executives of McDonald's look like. Heck, the only way I know a member of management when I go into one other than mine, is the shirt color. Why do you think "worker bees" would know what the elite at the top look like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Both are shown online. We have to remember this is a one hour show. These guys are ther e for one week. They can't show us everything. Also, I'm chooising to be optimistic and believe that even though the CEOs go back to their lives they, do think about how their decisions affect those people they worked side by side with.

I don't understand what the people in this forum are upset about, what do you expect the CEOs to do differently?

Why do you seem to be so upset with posters here, lately, CES? As Jax said in another thread, aren't we able to post our opinions?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I sure don't know what the CEO, COO, or any of the top executives of McDonald's look like. Heck, the only way I know a member of management when I go into one other than mine, is the shirt color. Why do you think "worker bees" would know what the elite at the top look like?

Why do you seem to be so upset with posters here, lately, CES? As Jax said in another thread, aren't we able to post our opinions?
I'm not upset with anyone. I'm just curious about what the posters expect of the CEO/COOs who are willing to step and see how the other half lives. I read the posts complaining about what they do and why only a select few get changes in their lives and why sweeping changes aren't made.

Then I simply pointed out that when they show us 45 min of something that happens over a week's time, we probably aren't going to see a lot of things. And for legal reasons they won't tell us anything because something can sound really great but at the end of the day may not be feasible so rather than having to back down on a promise, they don't say anything publicly. There's an assumptin that business goes on as usual, but unless we work for one of the featured companies, we'll never know.

How is that translating to being upset and not letting others post their opinions?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:24 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,772,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I'm not upset with anyone. I'm just curious about what the posters expect of the CEO/COOs who are willing to step and see how the other half lives. I read the posts complaining about what they do and why only a select few get changes in their lives and why sweeping changes aren't made.
Sweeping mass changes were made at Waste Management that improved the work environment for many employees in different departments.

And that is my standard when I watch subsequent episodes.

The purpose of going undercover should be to see the big picture, not just promote or reward one or two employees.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Sweeping mass changes were made at Waste Management that improved the work environment for many employees in different departments.

And that is my standard when I watch subsequent episodes.

The purpose of going undercover should be to see the big picture, not just promote or reward one or two employees.
Did you read that online? That wasn't part of the episode. So far the bosses I've seen have had major eye opening experiences. I think that we've only seen one or two but as I said, unless you work for the company, or perhaps follow business news, most of the public will never learn of those changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV