Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,194,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
What else is there? I watch Top Chef, Project Runway, Top Model (I confess..) and some of the home remodeling shows. I like PBS- American Masters, Nova- and TLC. But, I mean, sitcoms? ZZZZZZZZzz.....
There is a difference in shows like Top Chef and Project Runway, these shows are about people with talent and drive WORKING HARD to achieve their dreams. People get very judgemental about others who watch "idiotic reality TV", these shows have as much value as anything else on TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,413,717 times
I despise reality TV. Thankfully - I have this feeling that it will be rejected as quickly as it became popular. Ratings will continue to go down and we won't see as many of them.

Some may not agree with me, but I really think it's a stupid phase. And hopefully one we never have to re-live at that.

Old 03-15-2008, 03:39 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,224,671 times
I occasionally watch American Chopper but isn't that more a documentary than reality TV?
I have nothing with choppers but I like to watch the creative process and the social dynamics between the father and his sons.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:07 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,309,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro223 View Post
I despise reality TV. Thankfully - I have this feeling that it will be rejected as quickly as it became popular. Ratings will continue to go down and we won't see as many of them.

Some may not agree with me, but I really think it's a stupid phase. And hopefully one we never have to re-live at that.
What do you like on TV?

Old 03-15-2008, 10:46 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,513,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Reality TV is terrible. I blame MTV for this with their Real World garbage. One can almost trace the beginning of the decline of our civilation with MTV and Pedro back in the 1990s. That was offensive and has only gotten gradually more offensive each year.
Dude you are right on the money, I have been thinking this exactly. Reality tv is such crap, a bunch of girly men and plastic hoes stabbing each other in the back. The parallel between the real world mtv shows and decline of civilization is there, Pedro was a reason too.

Old 03-16-2008, 02:53 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,194,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Dude you are right on the money, I have been thinking this exactly. Reality tv is such crap, a bunch of girly men and plastic hoes stabbing each other in the back. The parallel between the real world mtv shows and decline of civilization is there, Pedro was a reason too.
I don't care for the MTV shows, but why is Pedro responsible for the decline of civilization? That a lot of power given to one person who was on a reality show years ago.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:23 AM

17,980 posts, read 27,436,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I have always thought the name reality TV made no sense. How many of us IN REALITY find ourselves stranded on an island having to survive?
Reality is exactly what this stuff isn't. Reality is what happens when you turn the cameras off.

They ought to call it Drama TV. I'll admit that there was a time when I peered over at the TV while the wife was watching Survivor, then I thought how stupid these little strategies were, and back-stabbing and drama to win $1,000,000.00 She finally stopped watching the stupid thing-Thank Gawd!

Shows like the Biggest Loser seem like they might be inspiring and stuff, but how many fat people have lost a pound watching it?

Like I said, Reality is what happens once you turn the cameras off.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:02 PM

915 posts, read 3,179,214 times
a nation of dumb asses...thanks for nothing MTV!

Old 03-17-2008, 11:19 PM

2,072 posts, read 5,413,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
What do you like on TV?
The good retro shows, Most of the stuff on Food Network, House Hunters , Some shows on The Weather Channel, Certain documentarys, Old Loony Tunes, Spongebob. That's all I can think of but I'm sure there is more.

Why do you ask?

Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,132,511 times
Default As I watch

As I watch these reality shows and they degenerate more and more I can't help but wonder if these people ever read the bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV