Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 09:49 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times

Advertisements

I agree I agree I agree ... So many of them are crap, although I do get a guilty pleasure at watching Supernanny.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 AM

550 posts, read 2,825,400 times
Well I will have to be the odd ball here. I love reality TV. I have a TV in my kitchen and sometimes when cooking there are only really bad, cheesy shows on. For example,
The Flavor of Love - Love how ickey and full of himself Flave is.
Surreal Life - It's fun watching all the older celebrities making fools of themselves.
Those are particularly bad ones that I can't watch with the kids in the room! I also love....deep breath.....
Americas Next Top Model
Canadas Next Top Model
Amazing Race
American Idol -
don't like canadian idol, too close to american idol ending
Wife Swap
Trading Spouses
Miami Ink - just got hooked on that one!
The Apprentice
don't like big brother, way too much whispering!
The Search For the Next Pussycat Doll - Congrats Asia!
Beauty and the Geek - only in a pinch
Hells Kitchen - Chef Ramsey is mmmm
Rachel Ray 30 Min Meals - yummy!
Birth Stories - LOVED it when I was pregnant.
Flip that house kind of shows.
Sell that House
Trading Spaces
While You Were Out

That is all I can think of right now. But yeah. Call me a desperate housewife

Old 05-25-2007, 01:49 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,163,499 times
There's a few reality shows I love, but I do think the networks are over doing it. It seems like every month a new one pops up.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:17 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
I just want to be entertained. I could care less about famous actors and actresses nowadays, but I catch myself watching The Soup on E. I've watched Survivor before, but after a season or two, it gets old.

I used to like a good football game but everything has gone so commercial.

Speaking of commercials, I'm sick of them too. You sit down to watch a thirty minute program and get about 22 minutes of commercials. Even the news is sickening. If it bleeds, it leads. Don't get me started.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:18 PM

800 posts, read 4,297,754 times
I recently watched every episode of "The Bachelor"...hee hee! We usually don't do that sort of thing, but we were drawn to the visuals of California and Hawaii...that's my story and I'm sticking to it

I agree that some of the reality shows are over the top and very negative though. It's funny because after a while, they don't seem very "real" to me at all...

I wish they'd do some reality shows about life in places that would be enlightening. Like show what it is like for a soldier serving in the military. Or, what about a Buddhist monk...what is his or her life like? Or, what about a fireman's job or life? Or, how about a reality show about the life of a single mom? You know, something really "real"? I like to see how others overcome challenges in life--it's inspiring, but it seems like modern television thrives on negativity and drama...It's what gets the ratings. I've noticed this even with my local news...they always term every new newsstory into a "breaking story"...I don't know any more what is really pressing LOL.

So, we're weird in our house...We avoid the news and other negative shows. We don't have cable television either. It's wild, huh?

Old 05-25-2007, 06:30 PM

54 posts, read 191,253 times
I hate a MAJORITY of Reality T.V. To me, it's all getting old [American Idol, REAL WORLD[holy crap its like every season is the same!]. But I will admit this... I did watch Flavor of Love and AM CURRENTLY watching Charm School. It's absolute junkfood for the mind. Bad.. but so addictive [mainly to watch how sociopathic those woman are]

Old 05-25-2007, 07:04 PM

549 posts, read 2,384,698 times
I stopped watching that a long time ago. I remember being a kid and being completely enthralled when I watched the first 5 seasons of the "Real World" during the early 90's. Slowly I began to notice how it was starting to look like a warped version of reality. Also I'm savvy enough to see how the producers manipulate "situations" to happen in those shows. Since "youtube" came on the scene I rarely watch TV now.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:48 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,282,289 times
My fav reality shows are:

Survivor
Amazing Race
Those two I watch religiously.

I am also going to tune into the new reality series about regular people acting as pirates. Produced by Mark Burnett who does Survivor. It may be good. Its on this thursday.

Others i watch now and then:
The Bachelor
The Bachelorette(if they have any more)
American Idol.(my fav part is the beginning with the bad singers.lol)
Flip this house
And other's associated with real estate or home improvement.

otherwise, most of the time I have Animal Planet on for the cats.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:55 AM
tao

721 posts, read 3,189,017 times
There are several reality shows that I love but I agree there are a lot of really bad shows as well.

My favorites are Project Runway, Top Chef, Survivor, American Idol, Big Brother, Hell's Kitchen, and Dancing With The Stars.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:04 AM

536 posts, read 1,193,466 times
the only reality show i enjoy watching is american idol.

i think mtv and vh1 should just be taken off. i cant stand watching that garbage
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV