Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 04:17 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times

Advertisements

ok there are some shows that are complete trash and need to go- whatever happened to tv movies?--it is really bad- I write reviews and here are a few:

1. Sons of Hollywood- Randy Spelling talking about his dads funeral. Partying kids trashing their trust funds- boring

2.Simple Life (no need for comment)!

3. Nanny Swap/Wife swap- whatever- I dont watch.

Last night on Larry King: Mary Jo Buttafuoco (shot in NY by husband's teenage lover) mentioned that Amy Fisher and Joey were approached by trash tv producer-when will it end- ugh- no wonder cable and satellite are a monopoly- I need at least one decent show to watch per night!! Is it too much to ask for a MOVIE

What other shows do we need to get off the air?

sunny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 04:21 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,835,057 times
Reality TV is precisely why my tv watching has declined from 2+ hours per night to about 3 hours per week.

Of course internet forums have nothing to do with it! But thank goodness they are here to rescue me from Reality TV- I get enough reality in life. Don't need to be entertained by it too!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:29 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
I agree with the ones OP mentioned.

But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Amazing Race. I want to be on that show so badly but my friends won't do it Is that reality or more game show, though?

The vast majority are terrible: Flava of Love, Celebrity Fit Club, Bad Girls Club, Bridezillas, Real World (that was good 14 years ago, horrible now), all these Bounty Hunter shows, Tori and Dean Inn Love, the VH1 Jerry Springer behind the scenes reality show, I Love New York, Hogan Knows Best...ALL MUST GO.

My guilty secret: I watched The Real Housewives of Orange County and Workout on Bravo. And back in the day I loved Newlyweds.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:19 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
I am absolutely hooked on Dancing with the Stars. This is the first year we've watched Dancing and also watcjed last 7 or 8 American Idol shows. I think it's a waste of time to watch American Idol from the beginning when they have all the 'comedy' acts. Should this be considered in the vein as the wife swapping, batchelor, nannie shows?

Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
well- I was targeting the extreme bad taste ones- stuff like DWS or Idol at least has a premise- I am talking about the gossipy mean-spirited shows- with people trashing each other, etc.

Old 05-24-2007, 06:54 PM

90 posts, read 385,088 times
I couldn't agree with you more on the reality shows. If that was all that was on TV I would throw it away. We watch dancing with the stars and idol. Other than that its either the history channel, discovery channel or the food channel. Wait a minute, I love watching the reruns of Beverly hillbillies, Mayberry RFD, I dream of genie and of course Scooby Doo...

Old 05-24-2007, 07:16 PM
jco

2,121 posts, read 6,450,139 times
I have to agree with you, Sunny. Wife Swap and Nanny whatever are horrible!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 PM

1,770 posts, read 8,246,337 times
Besides the good stuff on Court TV I hate every scripted reality tv show out there, and yes this includes trash like American Idol. What do these singers contribute and add that millions of others haven't already? Sure, they may have talent, but I can't think of a single significant person who was on American Idol and went to drop an earth-shattering record.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:39 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
Sorry PBCBoy but Jennifer Hudson came from Idol and kicked Beyonce's butt all over the movie screen in Dreamgirls. Major talent, IMO.

Old 05-25-2007, 07:50 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,504 times
Beyond the obvious trashy reality shows, anything on MTV, American Idol, and re-runs of "Saved by the Bell". I channel surf and simply the two seconds I spend on the station, I feel my brain start to shrink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV