Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 09:40 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,732,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Memorables for me....

"say-chillies"??

All those players who left a coconut behind? Details people....

"you're an idiot....No, you're an idiot..."

Did anyone see when the cowboys threw the bottle down at Phil's feet and said "here's your map". That was abnoxious and they were my favorite team!

More bickering by the lesbians...get eliminated already!!!

Caite whining to Phil about how the lesbians are so mean to her...."and I'm like you don't know me...saying stuff about my tiara on my head....i've only been in like a few pagents...."

then her Mensa(not!) boyfriend chimes in with "it's anonymous"

Phil-"you mean unanimous?"

ROFLMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 11:15 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,238,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
then her Mensa(not!) boyfriend chimes in with "it's anonymous"

Phil-"you mean unanimous?"

ROFLMAO
Oh, yes that was hysterical. I'll bet Phil is thinking are these people for real?

Old 03-29-2010, 12:19 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,076,652 times
I've watched every season and I'll throw in my observation that there are usually two non elimination legs. They used to have to give up all of their money but changed it to add the "speed bump". It was amazing how many people screwed up the coconut challenge.

I understand what Caite was telling Phil. The lesbians are ridiculously mean to her and the cowboys. She's not my favorite person by any means, but I hate the lesbians more. When it looked like they were coming in last, I was praying for it to be an elimination leg. When it was the cowboys, I wanted non-elimination. I just want the freaking lesbians gone already!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,713,073 times
back on for the first time in forever

Well, I'm REALLY PISSED about last nights episode. This leg of the race was BS!

1. All teams getting even. I understand why as to the location of where they were going, Seychelles. But still, they could have done this a LOT different to keep it where those that hussled and came in first last time could still be ahead at least getting started.

2. The map in the bottle. He made the Cowboys go back and "do the challange". WHAT ABOUT THE COPS!!!!! They did NOT do the challenge at all either. They broke their bottle then swam ashore w/ only the one piece of it totally missing all of the pieces to make the map. How come they didn't have to go back and do it??????? This one was SOOOOOOO WRONG!!!! Not that I don't like them, don't really care for them but still. They should have been made to go do the challange as well. All they did was follow the other team and the Cowboys just went the direction they thought was right. What is the difference? Neither team made it to shore WITH THE BOTTLE and the ENTIRE MAP!

3. The Lesbians can GO!!! PLEASE let them get eliminated next. I can handle dingbat blondie but the Lesbians are AWFUL!!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,732,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
back on for the first time in forever

Well, I'm REALLY PISSED about last nights episode. This leg of the race was BS!

1. All teams getting even. I understand why as to the location of where they were going, Seychelles. But still, they could have done this a LOT different to keep it where those that hussled and came in first last time could still be ahead at least getting started.

2. The map in the bottle. He made the Cowboys go back and "do the challange". WHAT ABOUT THE COPS!!!!! They did NOT do the challenge at all either. They broke their bottle then swam ashore w/ only the one piece of it totally missing all of the pieces to make the map. How come they didn't have to go back and do it??????? This one was SOOOOOOO WRONG!!!! Not that I don't like them, don't really care for them but still. They should have been made to go do the challange as well. All they did was follow the other team and the Cowboys just went the direction they thought was right. What is the difference? Neither team made it to shore WITH THE BOTTLE and the ENTIRE MAP!

3. The Lesbians can GO!!! PLEASE let them get eliminated next. I can handle dingbat blondie but the Lesbians are AWFUL!!!!!

I agree about the cops not doing the task.......tsk tsk.........had the cowboys been eliminated due to that I was thinking CBS was gonna be inundated w/calls today. Cowboys are still at a disadvantage next week due to that though. Yep-cops should have been made to go complete it too.
Immense dislike for lesbians---worse attitude ever!!!!

Old 03-29-2010, 01:46 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,849,250 times
You don't know that the cops didn't do it. You only know that it wasn't shown during the episode.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:54 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,401,589 times
Last night only muddied the picture for the Final Three. I still don't think that Caite/boyfriend will make it, but I may be wrong. At this point it is anyone's game. There were so many mental errors last night. I missed the first ten minutes or so and want to look at the detectives/ map issue again.

Kudos to the father/ daughter team. So far she has been a very cool headed young lady. What an experience and memories for them! I thought it was cute when the father said she doesn't realize how pretty she is without all of her makeup. That sounds like a daddy!

I hope the cowboys can step it up next week. They'll need some luck and an error from another team. As always on the Amazing Race, anything is possible. It is exciting to see so many teams bunched together at this point in the race.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,713,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
You don't know that the cops didn't do it. You only know that it wasn't shown during the episode.
Yes we do know that they did NOT do it. Their bottle broke when he threw it into the boat. All they took to shore with them when they swam ashore was the large brown piece and no pieces. They walked up right out of the water and saw the other team and said, "hey, lets work together". The other team had already completed it and they agreed. They DID show all of this. The cops did not do the challange at all. It would have been impossible for them to have done it as they did not have the pieces to it.

PippySkiddles, I am with you. I knew if the Cowboys had been eliminated because of that there would have been a MILLION phone calls to CBS today. I would not have but it sure puts the whole show in a different light and makes me think that they do play favorites. Or it sure makes it seem to viewers that they do.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:41 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,105,176 times
When the show was airing, both hubby and I were wondering why the cops weren't sent back and the Cowboys were. We sure noticed the cops didn't put their puzzle together.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:24 PM

4,280 posts, read 6,063,857 times
Phil didn't make them do the puzzle. He made them bring the bottle and contents to shore. The cops did bring the leather pouch with the map to shore. I would have to rewatch and see if he said to bring the bottle and contents or just the contents to shore to see if the cops did what the cowboys were told to do. And the cowboy who threw the pouch on the mat looked po'd to say the least.

Yes, I said I wouldn't watch anymore, but I was bored. It still wasn't interesting, though. I hope it gets better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV