Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2010, 01:59 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,153,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
Secondly, these "Speed Bumps" from last season and this season are so lame and easy. I remember how ridiculous it was that all the poker girls had to do last season was to deliver a tray of noodle soup to some guy at a dock and this year, was to bring a pot of tea to another guy (sure they had to sniff and pick the right tea, but there were ONLY three choices of tea).
Well, the speedbumps are pretty easy but had the cowboys not totally rocked the flag balancing challenge, they would have been behind because the speed bump wasn't even AT the location of the clue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 02:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
Well, the speedbumps are pretty easy but had the cowboys not totally rocked the flag balancing challenge, they would have been behind because the speed bump wasn't even AT the location of the clue.
True, so there is a major disadvantage no matter how difficult.
Fans have complained since the beginning about anything having to do with non-elimination legs.
People complained when the last place team had everything taken away; including their money. Complained when the team then had to beg for money. Complained about that particular leg even being the non-elimination leg even though they are pre-determined way in advance. Fans complained when the speed bump is too hard and complain when it's too easy.
I just watch the show and love it and let things flow.

Question--anyone recall if there was a Fast Forward last season? I thought so but haven't seen one this season.

Also it appears someone may be U-Turned next week but I thought there is only ONE U-Turn per season.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:09 PM

Is this show great or what? Last night's episode is the EXACT reason I love it so...one bad day and you're toast...one bad cab driver and you're toast...one great decision on a road block and you can jump way ahead.

The Cowboys - Man, I love this team. I have NO idea what happened to them last week (I'm starting to think there may be something to the theory that they "think" better with their cowboy hats on...once they took them off, they started not reading their clues, leaving clues behind, etc). Watching them do the flagpole challenge, they made it look easy but then Steve and Allie tried to do it and you could see that those things are big, awkward and heavy. I loved when the Cowboys said that the challenge was exactly what they used to do when they were little...balancing a broomstick on their fingers, then their nose...I did the same thing...not with any success however. Just goes to show that kids don't need a Wii...just a broomstick and some coordination...and that skill may come back to help you one day!

Brent and Caite - While still not a fan of theirs, they actually worked hard last night...Caite didn't spend her time whining about how many stairs there were or how hot it was. I think the Lesbian team really brought out her competitive instincts.

The Lesbians - Looks like next week, they get U-turned. Since there is only one blind U-turn (and the Cops used it already), Brent and Caite will have to take credit for it...okay by me...the Lesbians are still due for their dose of Karma from when they cut in line with the Asian couple. It's also fitting that of everyone they're racing against, they hate Caite the most and if Caite is able to U-turn them and they get eliminated, that will be the best U-turn I've ever seen.

Brothers - That was a close one. Lesson learned...STAY IN YOUR CAB. As soon as they jumped out with Steve and Allie, the traffic started moving again and the Cops just whizzed right by them and got a very good jump start on that stair challenge.

The Cops - The phlegm scene was just gross. They seemed pretty invincible but if that little dude can't do anything physical, they're going to be in trouble.

Steve and Allie - From first place to elimination. Wow. Their big mistake was getting out of their taxi. I did like the end when Steve said his World Series ring doesn't mean as much as running TAR with his daughter. Nice...probably not true...but nice!

Old 04-05-2010, 02:25 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
I throughly enjoyed this week's episode. I'm not surprised that Father/Daughter team got eliminated, I was getting tired of her whining. But I would have much rather seen the lesbians go. I pray that the lesbians U-turn will have the same effect that the Asian couple's had.

The cowboys had good fortune and more good fortune with every challenge. I think they got it with the third coconut? Great comeback.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:57 PM

3,646 posts, read 5,420,743 times
Way to go cowboys! I'm almost afraid to make a prediciton, but if they aren't in the Final Three I will be very, very surprised. I've been thinking for a few weeks that the Final Three will be the cowboys, the detectives and the team that makes the least mistakes. After last night I'm wondering about the physical condition of a particular detective! Maybe, as another poster suggested, it was the incense. I didn't think of that last night.

I was so sorry to see the father/ daughter pair go last night. Of the remaining teams I am pulling for the cowboys. You do have to give Brent and Caite credit for stepping up their game the last two weeks. I'm really suprised they are still racing. Let's see if they can make it through the next elimination.

Old 04-05-2010, 08:51 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,906,689 times
Quote:
Anyone else notice that Brent always seems really angry?? This whole episode he just looked pissed off at the world.
No, that's his simmering, smoldering, I'm-too-sexy-for-this-game model look.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:02 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
rooting for the cowboys too

Old 04-05-2010, 11:29 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,884,854 times
Me too.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:09 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
I'm predicting an upset: Brent and Caite will win if they keep it together like the last episode.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Question--anyone recall if there was a Fast Forward last season? I thought so but haven't seen one this season.

Also it appears someone may be U-Turned next week but I thought there is only ONE U-Turn per season.
No, the Fast Forward hasn't been seen yet this season. The FF is risky though unless you are way out in front because if more than one team races for it, the team that wastes time going for it and then doesn't get to use it ends up way behind.

There is a blind U-turn and a regular U-turn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV