Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,787,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
LOL!! Can't wait for that one.

Yes!! I really liked Kyle at the start but as the weeks went by? I got really tired of her not taking responsibility for any of her own words or actions and blaming Kim for everything (not that I'm a fan of Kim)

Yes. Ick. Same old song.

Love them all!!!! They are the most real, down to earth people!

She absolutely was!! I remember her when I was a kid --- she was on everything. I'm sure all the money she made, all the residuals, everything went to support her family. Now? She's mourning a lost childhood and is resentful of her family because, somewhere in her mind, she probably felt responsible for supporting them when she was only a child. Now, they've all "left her" and she has no one and nothing and is a 40+ year old woman who can't truly stand on her own feet and has separation anxiety (regarding her own daughter). Very sad case.
oh my goodness, I just look up her profile on Wiki and her work history is very extensive!! No doubt she feels resentment for a lost childhood while gorgeous sis got to have a life and seems to not have the issues which are residual from Kim's childhood.

Old 01-20-2011, 10:38 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
LOL--you are a member of the dark side now--we have you!!
You are not kidding! I've even gone back and watched a good portion of one season of the OC franchise. Really liked it, too. Now, I'm even into Tabatha and the hair salons! I love Bravo. I've been quite entertained by The Fashion Show. I like it even more than Project Runway which was something that I did watch back in the day. Haven't seen that since it jumped ship.

I think Bravo does a good job with everything it touches. At least that I can remember...

Old 01-20-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
You are not kidding! I've even gone back and watched a good portion of one season of the OC franchise. Really liked it, too. Now, I'm even into Tabatha and the hair salons! I love Bravo. I've been quite entertained by The Fashion Show. I like it even more than Project Runway which was something that I did watch back in the day. Haven't seen that since it jumped ship.

I think Bravo does a good job with everything it touches. At least that I can remember...
Bravo has sucked us in girl!!!!

Old 01-20-2011, 11:17 PM

1,815 posts, read 3,166,478 times
I still like Kyle and I don't think she is to blame for Kim being "ganged up on"...that was all Taylor's doing (way to ruin your own birthday party...wtf?). Obviously, both of the sisters have issues but I know how family members can press your buttons...and their family was pretty effed up from the getgo. I don't think it's a coincidence that they still fight like children when they didn't go through any kind of normal upbringing.

I love Adrienne but kind of felt like she was wasting her time trying to play referee. Kim and Kyle are too entrenched in their roles and patterns of behavior to take a step back and examine things logically. Poor Martin, he must have wondered what the hell he'd wandered into

I'd REALLY love to hear Mauricio's take on the sisters' relationship but he's too classy to spill everything...dangit!

Loved the "awkward toast" montage on WWHL.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:21 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Came across this interesting article about Lisa and Ken, from eight years ago. It's really nice and gets into more info about their restaurants, how they met, their wealth...

Baywatch babe turns club queen | Music

Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Came across this interesting article about Lisa and Ken, from eight years ago. It's really nice and gets into more info about their restaurants, how they met, their wealth...

Baywatch babe turns club queen | Music
a really good read.

Old 01-21-2011, 05:04 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Bwaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Holy shoomolies!

Can't decide who to snark on first ... Taylortrash or DingDong ... ok, let's get the nice part out of way.

Adrienne ... wow, what a MATURE lady she is! She's simply the classiest of them all. Kudos to her, even with the tinsel in her hair.

Sounds like Cedric threw a hissy fit when he realized that *gasp* Lisa would have the GALL to side with HER HUSBAND ... see?? see???? Hus-lahhhhhhh!!!! He's 37 years old? He's a old fart Huslah! No wonder he threw a hissy fit ... he's too old to find a new sugar mama! Golf claps to Ken!

Kim ... seriously ... I felt sorry for her! She's obviously is self medicating with booze, but she brought up a couple very key points. She supported the Richards family as a CHILD! Boy, that mom must have been a piece of work! Shame on her for doing that to Kim. Kyle seems to have this silly hold on to her mother's death, like it's the only weapon she has when it comes to dealing with Kim, which she needs to let the freak go! Kyle needs to stop being bitter about Kim and see Kim as a fragile person who desperately needs help and not rehab! I think it's noble that their kids are trying to broker a peace between them, but Kim and Kyle need Dr. Phil, pronto! Kim cannot argue to save her life. She tries to come up with zingers and they end up making her look even more crazy ... I think the "you stole my house" comment came because Mauricio sold it because Kim couldn't afford it anymore, I could be wrong. Kim has zero street skills ... zero skills to deal with conflict in a mature manner. Methinks Kyle is still bitter over the attention that was given to Kim as a child and now Kyle uses every moment she can to smear her mother's death in Kim's face and Kim doesn't give Kyle the right mea culpa reaction because Kim is very bitter over her childhood and what her mom did. Kyle is bitter because Mom, to her dying day, worried over Kim ... which is false. Their mom didn't worry, she realized how she messed her child up and was guilty about it to her dying day. Kyle needs to realize that. Kim is still a child, no, she's still a baby ... now, that doesn't justify Kim's childish ways, but it gives one an insight into why she is the way she is. She's a baby. She doesn't know how to be an adult because she never passed through the childhood phase, like Kyle was able to.

And then there's Taylortrash ... what a &^%$#@ piece of ***** she is. Seriously Taylor? It's your birthday party and YOU couldn't control yourself by having an ounce of class and not stir up the pot between Kyle and Kim? That whole debacle Taylor? That was caused by YOU. There's a time and place for everything and your birthday party was not the time nor place to pick on Kim. See, Taylortrash won't do what Lisa did, have a polite conversation in private to discuss things ... no, Taylortrash has to confront Kim at HER party, that HER husband planned. Taylortrash knows how Kim is .... she's fragile, she's weak, she's not very bright .. geez Taylortrash, what a big girl you are, you made Kim upset .. gee, that's HARD TO DO!!! And did you see that gangsta line up??? Wow, all of them sans, DingDong natch, lined up with Kim standing there like she's in front of a firing squad ... Taylortrash LOVED IT!!! She loves driving that wedge between sisters, loves it!! She doesn't realize though, that blood is thicker than water and when Kyle realizes what Taylortrash's M.O. is, Kyle will dump her like the piece of rotting garbage that she is. Lisa has tried to gently nudge Kyle into reality with Taylortrash. Hopefully Kyle realizes what's up. Ugh, my contempt for that wannabe no good piece of white trash is through the roof. Now I feel sorry for Russell the Turd!

And DingDong .... I guess she needs some Restasis because it was really pathetic watching DD cry ... hopefully she put an extra saw buck in her paycheck for the month. Wow ... I give Bravo credit for trying to edit the show more sympathetically toward DingDong, but nope, it's not working. I still wonder why DingDong even went to the tony's. Oh yea, gee, that's not hard to figure out ... I think Kelsey wanted her there to show her that he's "just not that into her" anymore. Wow, he was detached ... what a d-bag. If Kelsey had an ounce of decency, he would have told her not to come knowing it would be humiliating ... wonder if he gave her the option??? Chuckled when she told the doorman story! He carded her! Wow ... slamalama!

Last edited by domergurl; 01-21-2011 at 05:14 AM..

Old 01-21-2011, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Bwaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Holy shoomolies!

Can't decide who to snark on first ... Taylortrash or DingDong ... ok, let's get the nice part out of way.

Adrienne ... wow, what a MATURE lady she is! She's simply the classiest of them all. Kudos to her, even with the tinsel in her hair.

Sounds like Cedric threw a hissy fit when he realized that *gasp* Lisa would have the GALL to side with HER HUSBAND ... see?? see???? Hus-lahhhhhhh!!!! He's 37 years old? He's a old fart Huslah! No wonder he threw a hissy fit ... he's too old to find a new sugar mama! Golf claps to Ken!

Kim ... seriously ... I felt sorry for her! She's obviously is self medicating with booze, but she brought up a couple very key points. She supported the Richards family as a CHILD! Boy, that mom must have been a piece of work! Shame on her for doing that to Kim. Kyle seems to have this silly hold on to her mother's death, like it's the only weapon she has when it comes to dealing with Kim, which she needs to let the freak go! Kyle needs to stop being bitter about Kim and see Kim as a fragile person who desperately needs help and not rehab! I think it's noble that their kids are trying to broker a peace between them, but Kim and Kyle need Dr. Phil, pronto! Kim cannot argue to save her life. She tries to come up with zingers and they end up making her look even more crazy ... I think the "you stole my house" comment came because Mauricio sold it because Kim couldn't afford it anymore, I could be wrong. Kim has zero street skills ... zero skills to deal with conflict in a mature manner. Methinks Kyle is still bitter over the attention that was given to Kim as a child and now Kyle uses every moment she can to smear her mother's death in Kim's face and Kim doesn't give Kyle the right mea culpa reaction because Kim is very bitter over her childhood and what her mom did. Kyle is bitter because Mom, to her dying day, worried over Kim ... which is false. Their mom didn't worry, she realized how she messed her child up and was guilty about it to her dying day. Kyle needs to realize that. Kim is still a child, no, she's still a baby ... now, that doesn't justify Kim's childish ways, but it gives one an insight into why she is the way she is. She's a baby. She doesn't know how to be an adult because she never passed through the childhood phase, like Kyle was able to.

And then there's Taylortrash ... what a &^%$#@ piece of ***** she is. Seriously Taylor? It's your birthday party and YOU couldn't control yourself by having an ounce of class and not stir up the pot between Kyle and Kim? That whole debacle Taylor? That was caused by YOU. There's a time and place for everything and your birthday party was not the time nor place to pick on Kim. See, Taylortrash won't do what Lisa did, have a polite conversation in private to discuss things ... no, Taylortrash has to confront Kim at HER party, that HER husband planned. Taylortrash knows how Kim is .... she's fragile, she's weak, she's not very bright .. geez Taylortrash, what a big girl you are, you made Kim upset .. gee, that's HARD TO DO!!! Ugh, my contempt for that wannabe no good piece of white trash is through the roof. Now I feel sorry for Russell the Turd!

And DingDong .... I guess she needs some Restasis because it was really pathetic watching DD cry ... hopefully she put an extra saw buck in her paycheck for the month. Wow ... I give Bravo credit for trying to edit the show more sympathetically toward DingDong, but nope, it's not working. I still wonder why DingDong even went to the tony's. Oh yea, gee, that's not hard to figure out ... I think Kelsey wanted her there to show her that he's "just not that into her" anymore. Wow, he was detached ... what a d-bag. If Kelsey had an ounce of decency, he would have told her not to come knowing it would be humiliating ... wonder if he gave her the option??? Chuckled when she told the doorman story! He carded her! Wow ... slamalama!
FREAKING awesome post!!!!

Restasis!!!! LMAO all day over that I will!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:19 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol literally everyone thought he was talking about Cedric
Ah, settle down, LOL! I thought I was first, could be wrong Others were speculating it was the crazy guy who punched their friend over breakfast.

Far more interesting is the sad fact that Kyle and Kim are STILL not back on good terms. No wonder Kathy stayed off the show. She must have known this would get messy. I really hope it all works out for them.

Old 01-21-2011, 06:31 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Ah, settle down, LOL! I thought I was first, could be wrong Others were speculating it was the crazy guy who punched their friend over breakfast.

Far more interesting is the sad fact that Kyle and Kim are STILL not back on good terms. No wonder Kathy stayed off the show. She must have known this would get messy. I really hope it all works out for them.
Kathy doesn't need to worry herself with their foolishness. She 's the oldest of the three and I'm sure she has her hands full with her 2 angels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV