Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 10:59 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,627,786 times

Advertisements

Bravo Changing Real Housewives of Beverly Hills After Suicide

Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
So sad that anyone is driven to feel that death is the answer. I can't stop thinking about the massive amount of money Taylor Armstrong spent on Kennedy's birthday. This was obviously money they didn't have to spend.
Their attorney said there are no assets to pass on. They were broke.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,539 times
From that article...

Quote:
According to THR, “Shooting has yet to wrap, but has been suspended for at least the remainder of the week. Producers are still editing and sources said before the news of Armstrong’s death, that the network had ordered an additional four episodes bringing the second season total to 18.”
THR is The Hollywood Reporter, a respected news source - so the info is very likely accurate.

18 episodes is a lot, for a show like this. So they most likely have plenty of material to work with - and if they haven't wrapped yet, they have the ability to continue shooting if they need more material to fill the season. They may have to scramble, and they may opt to delay the start a little, but it sounds like in the end, the season will end up okay.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:39 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,126,073 times
I totally see he attacked a previous wife what a jerk... But Taylor made her bed. She at least talked to the 1st wife regarding the son. Perhaps she ignored it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
He pleaded guilty to battery of his first wife and was ordered to anger management classes. Read the link below and then read the Timeline link in my post above.

'Real Housewives' Husband an Even Bigger Dirtbag Than We Thought | The Stir

There are plenty of violent abusers who don't kill their victims. It's wrong to say that because she isn't dead that means he wasn't violent.

We had a situation in my own family. The abuser didn't kill his wife and he never ended up in jail because she didn't press charges. She got a divorce. Please don't tell me that he wasn't an abuser because she isn't dead.
Yes there is the optin divorce for some... I worked at a battered womens shelter so i understand the complexity of the situation. She had the means to get out but obviously not the scruples. Love had almost nothing to do with their marriage according to her own RHOBH episode statement so we can rule out love. Usually abusers claim they love their victims to much but this whole relationship is not normal. Usually someone as impassionate and devoid of emotion at that guy was would not be a likely wife beater. They use passion as their excuse. "I love you so much look what you made me do" etc.. But I stand by my comment that wife beaters don't usually kill themselves. They have to much ego for that.

Last edited by Taboo2; 08-17-2011 at 12:48 PM..

Old 08-17-2011, 12:47 PM

If they can air it without Editing the storyline then I would approve. You can't change the past but editing it would be possibly altering whatever "reality" these people lived through. Honesty with tact is In Order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
From that article...

THR is The Hollywood Reporter, a respected news source - so the info is very likely accurate.

18 episodes is a lot, for a show like this. So they most likely have plenty of material to work with - and if they haven't wrapped yet, they have the ability to continue shooting if they need more material to fill the season. They may have to scramble, and they may opt to delay the start a little, but it sounds like in the end, the season will end up okay.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:01 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,193 times
Read this...Russell admitted to abusing Taylor...

'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star Taylor Armstrong: My ex mentally and physically abused me - New York Daily News

Here is a quote from the aticle as well...

Although her ex denies pulling her hair, he did admit to the mag that he may have gotten physical at times.

"Did I push her? Yes, maybe things happened in the heat of the moment, but it was during a time in our lives that were no characteristic of who we were. This show has literally pushed us to the limit," he admitted.

So, as I said, he was an abuser and did admit it. But also tried to lay the blame on the show for doing it. Still think he is scum and selfish.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:03 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,095 times
I think they should edit and take out anything that portrayed Russell negatively out of respect for this family. Beyond that, the show must go on. If they have to, postpone it. It may be too soon anyway.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:21 PM

I dnt think pushing is always abuse. Shoving, throwing things depends on th extent really. Fighting is not the same as abuse... Abuse is one sided. I've been Married 13 years. I've pulled chin hair, Uh oh I'm a man beater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
Read this...Russell admitted to abusing Taylor...

'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' star Taylor Armstrong: My ex mentally and physically abused me - New York Daily News

Here is a quote from the aticle as well...

Although her ex denies pulling her hair, he did admit to the mag that he may have gotten physical at times.

"Did I push her? Yes, maybe things happened in the heat of the moment, but it was during a time in our lives that were no characteristic of who we were. This show has literally pushed us to the limit," he admitted.

So, as I said, he was an abuser and did admit it. But also tried to lay the blame on the show for doing it. Still think he is scum and selfish.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
I think they should edit and take out anything that portrayed Russell negatively out of respect for this family. Beyond that, the show must go on. If they have to, postpone it. It may be too soon anyway.
From what I gathered, I don'tthink they are even finished filming. If that's the case, they should wait until they are (if they ever do) finished filming before they start to air it.

I just hope it will still air sometime. I just can't help but think of what happened to Megan Wants a Millionaire. The guy on there killed his fiance or GF athen killed himself. That show was taken off the air and never was revealed who won (not that I really care.)

Old 08-17-2011, 03:44 PM

Now another sick twist. Armstrong family wants to sue Bravo.

Russell Armstrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV