Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2011, 06:38 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,347,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
My sister is a grifting psychophant, so the whole blood is thicker than water comment is crap. Strangers on the street are more pleasant to me, I haven't spoken to her in years and have no intention of ever doing so again. She is dead to me...Sadly, you can't pick your family. Kim is nuts. She is an alcoholic drug addict who is in denial of her problems. She is schitzo. She needs AA, Dr. Drew and drug rehab. The woman has major issues and seems to cause alot of issues for her family. Seems Kyle has been taking care of her for years and she is over it. I can't say I blame her. She seems like one of those "woe is me" people who I hate. Their problems are always someone elses fault. She will never get her life in order until she realizes that the only person who can help her is her.

And Ken was never judging Taylor. He said he would feel weak. He did not say he thought people that went to therapy were weak. She is just an attention wh**e.
I don't understand the use of the word "psychophant" in some of the previous posts. The only word I know that comes close is "sycophant", meaning someone who is obsequious, servile, fawning, butt kissing, etc. I don't see Kim as any of those things. Can anyone explain why they think she is a sycophant? Do you mean psychopath, which also does not really apply?

Old 09-17-2011, 07:23 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,619,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
I don't understand the use of the word "psychophant" in some of the previous posts. The only word I know that comes close is "sycophant", meaning someone who is obsequious, servile, fawning, butt kissing, etc. I don't see Kim as any of those things. Can anyone explain why they think she is a sycophant? Do you mean psychopath, which also does not really apply?
I thought the OP who originally posted the word was referring to Traylor and was misread as meaning Kim. Not sure though.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I thought the OP who originally posted the word was referring to Traylor and was misread as meaning Kim. Not sure though.
Neither word makes sense in describing any of the Housewives.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:42 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,684,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Exactly. He said if he were to get himself into a position where he had to go to therapy to sort out problems he couldn't sort out himself, then he would feel like he was weak.

Which is not surprising coming from an aging Englishman. A lot of older men, especially non Americans, feel that way. It wasn't really a commentary on Taylor's situation. The fact that she couldn't distinguish that and made it all about her is indicative of how self centered she is. Or how defensive, at the very least. Lisa had every right to defend his take on it.
yep. I watched that and thought the same thing. Ken was speaking for himself and taylortrash took it personally and Kyle jumped on the bandwagon.

It does look like Kyle is going to see Taylortrash for the bloodsucking SYCOPHANT that she is.

Old 09-17-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
yep. I watched that and thought the same thing. Ken was speaking for himself and taylortrash took it personally and Kyle jumped on the bandwagon.

It does look like Kyle is going to see Taylortrash for the bloodsucking SYCOPHANT that she is.
In what ways is she a sycophant? "Bloodsucking sycophant" is practically an oxymoron. Look the word up before you use it.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:22 AM

253 posts, read 1,130,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
She didn't even marry until she was 34. She could have gone to therapy.. She donates and works at a battered womans shelter yet didn't know she should be in therapy to deal with childhood traumas?? Sure. If she didn't have that background I would agree but she does have that on her resume. She was AROUND fellow wife beating victims. She chose to NOT take advantage of their experience and the opportunity to change and fix herself. The women there would have given anything to have access to what Traylor had. The 2 cannot be compared. She chose that life for the luxury and $$ life$tyle. She may regret it now understandably, but her situation is NOT that of most battered women because of her connections and access to real help.
So agree with this!

~Cali-girl

Old 09-17-2011, 12:18 PM

692 posts, read 1,003,047 times
Whoa! In the words of r & b songstress Mary J. Blige, Don’t need no hateration holleration in this dancerie. Psychophant is merely the melding together of ‘psych’ referring to the mind and/or soul and sycophant basically one who sucks up for personal gain. Like fugtastic, snarkalicious, whorrific, or one of my faves relationsham (Tom C and that chick from the Creek) that fly around message boards, it's a made up word. No need to convene an emergency etymology council.

I was referring to Taylor, not Kim who clearly has every pharmacist within ten square miles on speed dial, but isn't psycho. Then again we're only two episodes into the season. Time will tell.

My blood is thicker comment refers to Kim and Kyle. Kyle and Kim haven't renounced each other. They socialize. They giggle like children when they're together. They share bedrooms and from the previews they defend each other when an outsider (Brandi?) makes accusations against one of them. They still have a sisterly bond despite Traylor glomming onto Kyle and threatening to go Oklahoma on Kim. The Richards clan come across as types who ultimately will close ranks and never go against the family like how Kyle defended Paris's vile behavior during her heyday.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:12 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,808,940 times
Lisa is my favorite and Taylor is drama.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,768,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetchas View Post
Lisa is my favorite and Taylor is drama.

I agree.

Hope Bravo continues with the firing and axes Taylor next.

Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,684,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayulita View Post
In what ways is she a sycophant? "Bloodsucking sycophant" is practically an oxymoron. Look the word up before you use it.
Team taylortrash eh?

Last edited by domergurl; 09-18-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV