U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-08-2011, 10:10 AM

1,178 posts, read 815,651 times

Advertisements

The psychic was a load of crap.

I like that there is less Brandi.

Kim should not be driving.

I adore Lisa.

Adrienne should not have been in the room with Paul AT ALL. That was very unprofessional of him to allow her to be in there and she had no right telling him how to do his job.

I want Paul's Love Handle machine.

Taylor...she just looks defeated. I hate that she is blaming Lisa for the articles when she knows full well they came from her own publicist. I can't wait for next week when Camille tells Taylor that they have been covering up for her about her husband abusing her.

And that rat Kelsey trying to take those kids from Camille. Now I don't think she is mother of the year, but he doesn't deserve to have sole custody. How about asking the kids where they want to be?

While I do like Kyle, her comment "thats not what I wanted for you" was disgraceful. Its about what Kim wants and what makes her happy. And she seems happy. Kim just kept this secret because she did not want to be judged and wanted to make sure it was a strong relationship before she told anyone. Although I know Kyle just wants what is best for Kim and albeit backwards, that is what she is trying to do, but it comes off bi**chy. I think given Kim's track record and addictions her motherly instinct just kicks in and she feels very protective of her. I do love that she called Shrek out on the wedding ring next week. OMG! What if he and Kim are already married???

Last edited by Flamingomo; 11-08-2011 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: dyslexic speller:(

Old 11-08-2011, 12:30 PM

3,254 posts, read 3,592,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramirez2012 View Post
So Kim's on Trazodone, Topamax, and Lexapro. That explains her erratic behavior perfectly - that's some heavy-duty **** she's on. She's so drugged up.
I take Topamax for Migraines once in awhile. I used to take Fiorinal and Maxalt but my insurance changed and the new one doesn't cover those.

Lexapro is just an anti-depressant, and trazadone is a tranquilizer/anxiety drug like Ativan.

They pretty much go hand in hand for anxiety ridden people. Usually they give someone a mood elevator and then a tranq for panic attacks etc...

I will say my migraine pills knock me out the same way my muscle relaxers when I had a work related injury used to. So her slurred speech is a side effect.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:19 AM

5,491 posts, read 4,039,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Yeah, taking these meds explains why she acts the way she does. I work in a pharmacy, believe me I see people like her everyday. I see patients on these three meds plus more. And she might be going to more than one doctor and not telling doctor #2 what she's taking that doctor #1 has given her. We call this being a legal drug addict. But she might needs these meds to function so I'm not going to judge her. I don't know all her problems or mental state of mind.
Yes, it's very common for people to be on this many and more medications. It's crazy how medicated out society is, I work in health care, patients often have a long lists of medications they are taking. Many even have a list typed up so they don't have to write them all out on the forms whenever they see a new health care professional. My focus in on holistic health care combined with modern treatments, many people are taking medications they don't truly need, they just follow their doctors blindly, I try to get people educated to take control of their health.

Modern medicine can be a wonderful thing there are many positive life changing meds, and treatments, but there is so much money to be made through medicating people, it's gotten way out of hand, drug company reps are out there every day "educating" physicians, and buying them lunches and gifts, that's a big problem.

Kim's "cocktail" is pretty common, but I think there are more drugs that were either not mentioned or edited out.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
I take Topamax for Migraines once in awhile. I used to take Fiorinal and Maxalt but my insurance changed and the new one doesn't cover those.

Lexapro is just an anti-depressant, and trazadone is a tranquilizer/anxiety drug like Ativan.

They pretty much go hand in hand for anxiety ridden people. Usually they give someone a mood elevator and then a tranq for panic attacks etc...

I will say my migraine pills knock me out the same way my muscle relaxers when I had a work related injury used to. So her slurred speech is a side effect.
Trazodone is an antidepressant, it's often combined with another AD like Lexapro, Prozac, etc. when there is insomnia with the depression/anxiety, it's not a benzo like Ativan or Valium, but it has a very sedating quality so it often prescribed to be taken at night, it can definitely cause someone to have memory issues, or seem flighty even more so than benzos (at proper dosage), but it's not considered addictive. I imagine she is also taking a benzo, but didn't want to admit it. My guess has always been that she is taking fiorinal/fioricet which is a barbituate combined with aspirin or acetominophen, plus caffeine, it's used for headaches, if someone takes too much it causes a person to slur, be clumsy, the effects of a moderate to high dose are very much like being drunk, abusing it can be very attractive to alcoholics, and it's easily bought online because it's not considered a drug of abuse, but it can be abused.

Last edited by detshen; 11-09-2011 at 01:56 AM..

Old 11-09-2011, 06:45 AM

4,587 posts, read 1,956,327 times
The scene where Kim was driving and talking on her 'hands free' telephone was both appalling and funny.

Each time the scene switched back to Kim she seemed to be more oblivious to the fact that she was driving: no hands on the wheel, looking about her like she was on some scenic drive, etc. I half expected to see her crawling into the back seat to get something. My wife and I were screaming with laughter.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:46 AM

9,256 posts, read 7,979,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
I don't think it was really shocking, just funny because that's the type of thing you see happen on sitcoms, not normally in real life. But I guess it could happen.
It does happen in real life.. my cousin did this the first time she cooked the thanksgiving turkey for the family. God how we laughed,,never knew of anyone else to do that till Adrienne. It had the faint taste of Dawn

Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 AM

4,262 posts, read 4,142,590 times
I enjoyed the scene with Paul and Kim where he was asking about her medications. It did seem to ass up to why Kim has been acting the way she is. I hope she goes and sees her doctor to see if he can adjust her meds somehow. Plus, I already do like Paul, it was even a plus to see his sensitive and caring side.

Lisa's imitation of Kim was funny, but not really spot on.

I'm glad the seanace went off without a hitch. I guess becvause the psychotic redheaded e-ciggy smoker wasn't there.

Also suprised that Camille and Faye Resnick kept thier cool around each other.

Lastly, Kim not wanting to tell Kyle about her relationship. I can actually understand why she hasn't told her. Because Kyle is not her mother. Kyle does get judgemental and she does need to hold herself back and quit mothering her. I have judgemental family members and I don't like to tell them everything either. If Kyle would let Kim grow up and find herself, maybe thier relationship will be better and trust won't be too big of an issue anymore.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:39 AM

4,502 posts, read 8,095,490 times
Did anyone else notice later in the show that the work Paul did on Kim didn't seem to "take"??? Unless they filmed certain parts earlier and didn't pieced it together in order. I can't believe Kim is only in her mid 40s ---- her skin is sooooo sun damaged that she looks like she's in her late 50s.

Can't wait until next week --- I wonder what's up with the wedding band?

Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
The scene where Kim was driving and talking on her 'hands free' telephone was both appalling and funny.

Each time the scene switched back to Kim she seemed to be more oblivious to the fact that she was driving: no hands on the wheel, looking about her like she was on some scenic drive, etc. I half expected to see her crawling into the back seat to get something. My wife and I were screaming with laughter.
She is scary mess, I wouldn't want to be on the road with her.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:38 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,791,899 times
So did I hear it right that Kim is moving out of state? I know I heard that she's moving in with the boyfriend, but that would be a bit odd for him, newly divorced (if it's even in the works yet - the wedding band kinda says no ....) and then leaving his two teenage kids behind? A bit drastic, no? And wouldn't that mean no more reality TV for Kim?

I have a friend who goes "Kyle-like" at group psychic things. You know, the inability to SHUT UP!!! The woman got to say like one thing to her and BOOM she goes off into self-analysis while everyone else waiting to be "read" is like "For the love of God, would you ZIP it!!!".

Kyle is smart enough to appear to not want to get in the middle of the Traylor/Lisa bout - but then she drops snide little comments about Lisa to Traylor. I don't get it either. Personally, even without Russell's suicide, Traylor was always too needy for me and the whole teenage "I want to be liked! Please like me!" would be something I couldn't endure. I'd stick with Lisa if I was Kyle.

I ADORE Paul! He was so kind to Kim this week and so patient with Adrienne. I don't know what she was thinking telling him what to do when he's the one holding the medical degree and the one with a busy practice. He's just a really good egg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV