U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 AM

2,283 posts, read 2,269,315 times

Advertisements

Just finished watching tonights show. {{{ drum roll }}} {{{ tearing open & blowing into envelope }}}

And the award for the most silly, over acting train wreck is....Taylor! True, she did forget the most important part. She forgot to put the back of her hand on her forehead in a swoon, while playing the victim at Lisa's. What a piece of doo-doo she is. Not inviting Lisa, but having the nerve to go to Lisa's tea, then try & convice Lisa that everyone was trashing her behind her back. Oh, AFTER she jumped Lisa for supposedly talking about her. She really put Kyle in a spot though. hmmm

I have said from day one I dont believe this woman was abused. I Would believe she beat Russle though. That woman can turn her low class acting on and off like a water faucet. " If you cant be my friend, please dont be my enemy " LMBO I used to read that line, all the time in those sappy $.50 romance books.

Camille,.. my gawd that woman is getting so darn likable. She sure showed her ba**s tonight, bless her heart. But, I wonder if what she said, and Taylor going home and telling Russel, is part of why he took his life. It had to eat at him, knowing it was going to be aired. And knowing her, she probably made it sound 100 times worse than it was.

Am I the only one thats missed her trying sooooo hard to be Lisa's friend? Am I the only 1 that heard Lisa tell her, " I'm not your BEST friend"? I love Adrianne, but she was kinda flip-floppy tonight, thats not like her. These women all change like the weather. Thats why I love em 1 day, and hate them the next. One funny tonight.... Lisa didnt invite Dana.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
what a difference one season makes! Camille is my new hero. Shocking--right?

Traylor is a swell friend----she not only throws her friends under the bus but she backs up and runs over them too. Her talking to Paul at the gate was a pitiful scene and just shows how low she can and will go. If she loses any more weight she will be nothing but walking lips. I dislike her very,very much. I don't wanna hear that she's the victim either. She had plenty of help offered to her by very wealthy people; therefore she could have gotten away from the abuser. Enough! She is such a dreadful,awful person.
You cracked me up with the bus & lips funnies. And caught your " enough" also. She's a hateful, game playing, pot stirring, pity grabbing p.o.s.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I can't agree enough. I was in a horrific relationship for three years. I couldn't get out. It was awful. I had my nose broken four times. And what I wouldn't do to have someone say they had a place for me to live. Is she nuts? That's crazy. The second someone said they could get me out of there, that they could hide me a couple hundred miles away, I was gone. I didn't think about it. I ran like the wind.

Taylor is beyond crazy. And she has a child with her, to boot. (I didn't.)

ugh.

Oh Hiknapster, I wish I'd known you then, I'd have taken you in and given you a safe place to live. No mansion here, but I know you'd have taken any out, like ANY REAL abused woman would. Thats 1 reason I know T. is just looking for pity. I'm so sorry that happened to you, and I'm so glad you got out. Are you safe now? Bless the person who helped you.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I feel sorry for Taylor. She eventually did leave her husband.

It takes "normal" people sometimes years to decide to leave their spouse and it's even harder for those to make that decision when you have been traumatized while growing up.

For one, their brains don't function as "rationally" as a person who hasn't lived through trauma. I hate to quote Dr. Phil, but he says just fighting in front of your children "changes who they are". You can imagine the physiological effects on the brain of people who have been abused or witnessed abuse as their brain was developing growing up.

Also, sometimes in therapy, you have to be deconstructed in order to be put back together. I think we see some of that when Taylor seems needy and like she's falling apart.
Violett, I just dont believe her. She turns it on and off too much, and is way to mean herself. And all the stories of her & her hubby ripping people off, convince me she's a game player. Your right about how abused people act, but I'd bet Taylor's not 1 of them. Did you see how she can turn the tears on at will, and then talk about her face with Paul like nothing happened? She does this every show. She cried tonight just to make Lisa appear to be the villian, no more, no less. The person crying, always gets the pity....

Old 11-15-2011, 01:32 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,501,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeinmo. View Post
Violett, I just dont believe her. She turns it on and off too much, and is way to mean herself. And all the stories of her & her hubby ripping people off, convince me she's a game player. Your right about how abused people act, but I'd bet Taylor's not 1 of them. Did you see how she can turn the tears on at will, and then talk about her face with Paul like nothing happened? She does this every show. She cried tonight just to make Lisa appear to be the villian, no more, no less. The person crying, always gets the pity....
I just think that she's learned how to hide in her Denial, as a self-defense mechanism. Many children from abused households learn how to pretend they're "normal" when they go to school so no one will be able to tell they're being abused at home. However, the veneer eventually breaks, sometimes it takes years. I think what we're seeing is the pretend "everything's ok" veneer is starting to crack, which is when she breaks down. The breakdown side of Taylor is what's real, the other is when she's putting on a show and pretending she's ok (her fake side). imo.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 AM

4,276 posts, read 6,052,892 times
The way Traylor treated people (meaniing Kim) last season, she wonders why Lisa isn't her buddy. Oh puh-leeze. Lisa is telling it the way it is or was. They really were never that close. Whatever.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 AM

4,502 posts, read 11,115,308 times
I'm not trying to be gross or anything, but does anyone else think that Taylor's mouth (lips) look like a vagina? Everytime I look at those things, that's all I can think of!!!

Anyway, I was also in an abusive relationship for years and couldn't get out. I had NO ONE to help me AT ALL. Anytime I would try to leave, he would stalk me, make me lose a job so I wouldn't have money, would harass landlords so I would get put out, etc..... It was insane. This was in the 1980s (pre-Lisa Steinberg, Joel Steinberg, Hedda Nussbaum) and the cops would do NOTHING to help. There were no Domestic Violence hotlines, no Domestic Violence centers, nothing. I had no family to help and mutual friends didn't want to be involved (?!?!)

It was only long after I finally got away from him that the world finally woke up and realized that Domestic Violence was a real issue --- thanks mostly to Lisa Steinberg (may she rest in peace, little angel)

Old 11-15-2011, 08:42 AM

21,652 posts, read 12,066,982 times
Sorry, I have no sympathy for Trailor unless after this whole fiasco she genuinely apologizes and truly finds herself. She is a hypocrite to preach about being an advocate against domestic violence when she herself is a victim. I know that she is thinks that if she volunteers with them - that one day it will save herself. Guess what it doesn't work that way. Stop blaming everyone for your problems!

Lisa does not have the softest touch in delivery but she was genuine in offering her home to Trailor and her daughter. I didn't see any of the other ladies do so. I guess they were at least not her enemy

Kim, Crystal Carrington from "Dynasty" called and wants her blouse back.

Kyle hates being called out for being two-faced and playing both sides of the fence.

The world is coming to an end my friends....I too am liking Camille So far she is the only one that is willing to call out Trailor on all her crap

Old 11-15-2011, 10:17 AM

31,030 posts, read 49,781,315 times
I hated Camille so much last season but I really like her this season. Its amazing how personal trials often beats good sense and humility into us.

Taylor is clearly in denial about her marriage and is hyper sensitive about everything Lisa says and does because I think she envies Lisa and yearns acceptance by her, but imHo, some people can be harmlessly abrasive and Lisa is like that.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:37 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,366,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I feel sorry for Taylor. She eventually did leave her husband.

It takes "normal" people sometimes years to decide to leave their spouse and it's even harder for those to make that decision when you have been traumatized while growing up.

For one, their brains don't function as "rationally" as a person who hasn't lived through trauma. I hate to quote Dr. Phil, but he says just fighting in front of your children "changes who they are". You can imagine the physiological effects on the brain of people who have been abused or witnessed abuse as their brain was developing growing up.

Also, sometimes in therapy, you have to be deconstructed in order to be put back together. I think we see some of that when Taylor seems needy and like she's falling apart.
I agree with this Violett.

So breeinmo, only "real women" don't put up with abuse? That was a low blow. BUT just an FYI... "real women" sometimes have their self esteem so crushed by their abusers that they can't see any way out even if its offered to them. Taylor seems just like this. I don't think she is acting. From the frst time I saw Russell, I knew something was off with him. I had a friend who was beaten many times, thrown down stairs, out her front door, punched, kicked, verbally abused, etc, and she just wouldn't leave. Her scumbag husband had her so convinced this was normal for husbands and wives to fight like this, she just accepted it...and still does. She told me that my marriage wasn't normal because we didn't fight and that my husband actually treated me with respect and love. She has a loving family who always offered her somewhere to go, but she always just got mad at them for interfering in her life. Taylor is the same. You can see how controlling Russell was. Classic abuser. Its sad that people can manipulate others to a point where they have lost themselves and feel they have nowhere to go even if it is offered. They are so scared of what will happen if they do leave, that to them, staying is better. There is always an out. Just walk out the door. Some just can't see it. I was hit ONCE in a previous relationship. I hit him right back and walked out the door and never went back. I am thankful I had the strength to leave. Some don't and its sad. I could no longer put up with my friend being hurt so we are no longer friends because of it. Taylor is a broken woman. Its very sad to me. I hope in time she gets the help she so desperately needs to get past this former abuse and doesn't fall into the same cycle again for her sake and her daughter's.

I do agree that Taylor should not have thrown her friends under the bus like that, but it is just a defense mechanism to turn the attention away from her issues. And bravo to Camille who finally spoke up and said what everyone else wanted to. She has become one of my favorites. !

I felt bad that Taylor didn't invite Lisa to that lunch. That was very rude, but considering they aren't really friends, I guess it makes sense. But she had brass ones showing up at Lisa's tea the very next day. WOW. Was Kim invited? I missed that.

Kyle...what is her problem with Ken? She only met him twice. She said her mother would not aknowledge people if she didn't like them and that she was going to do the same with Ken. He seemed very polite and nice to her when she met him. She was crying like a baby. . She said this "is not what I wanted for her". Again, not her business. Maybe she knows things about him that we don't. And Kim said that wedding ring was a gift from her.

Lisa, ever the lady. Love her. Classy, nice, funny and doesn't take any crap but does it in a very calm way.

Again...no Brandi. And hardly any Dana.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV