U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-14-2012, 09:39 PM

4,878 posts, read 2,880,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Virgode,

I posted what is in the book only because a poster described the scene inaccurately. Who knows what Mark or Jennifer feel about the situation? But, it's not like Russell doesn't have a violent past that is well documented in the court system already.

Real Housewife Taylor Armstrong's Husband's Violent Past | Radar Online

Anyway, I only came here to offer the book. The book is gone now, and so am I.
The scene was actually described accurately via how Taylor delivered it on the 3rd part of the reunion show.

Russell isn't around to defend himself, and where are Mark and Jen? Maybe they should come forward to save their friend, again? I hope they do. Taylor needs it.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:58 PM

12,146 posts, read 12,641,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Virgode,

I posted what is in the book only because a poster described the scene inaccurately. Who knows what Mark or Jennifer feel about the situation? But, it's not like Russell doesn't have a violent past that is well documented in the court system already.

Real Housewife Taylor Armstrong's Husband's Violent Past | Radar Online

Anyway, I only came here to offer the book. The book is gone now, and so am I.
Yeah,....Why would they care about backing up a story for Taylors profit.

I can't imagine with all the people she claims he assaulted, not one has come forward with their story.

Radar online, TMZ and other publications pay for stories like that.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:06 PM

4,878 posts, read 2,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yeah,....Why would they care about backing up a story for Taylors profit.

I can't imagine with all the people she claims he assaulted, not one has come forward with their story.
And that's the HUGE problem. Russell ran around trying to drown people in pools, beating the crap out of them, and no one presses charges against him? For Taylor's sake? Nah. No.

Quote:
Radar online, TMZ and other publications pay for stories like that.
Apparently Radar pays $25K per story. To Lisa, at least.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,071,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
And that's the HUGE problem. Russell ran around trying to drown people in pools, beating the crap out of them, and no one presses charges against him?
k:
But wait, the woman did somehow call the cops, because a detective apparently tried to investigate. But apparently she only reported the incident against Tailor, not the fact that the man was knocked unconscious, then thrown in a pool (how do you not drown, or at least inhale water), and TGIF his teeth knocked out. And wait....... It was a PIT BULL? That sat there watching his owner get beat up? By getting near enough to that dog at a time of aggression, those jaws would have been locked on Russell....
Who does Trailor think she was married to.....

Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 AM

4,262 posts, read 4,119,890 times
I thought the best part of teh reunion was the Househusbands. Very funny, cute and well, hot (Mauricio and Paul!)

Kim's interview was interesting, but when Kyle came in I lost interest.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:29 AM

4,262 posts, read 4,119,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Apparently Radar pays $25K per story.
That's a pair of sunglasses!

Old 02-15-2012, 10:58 AM

3,321 posts, read 2,965,224 times
^That's some good points about Taylor's lack of credibility. That grin she gave about Russells demise being a possible murder was scary spice! She talks out of both side of her mouth. In season one Russell was a business partner whose money was all she wanted and then she claims to have loved him so much! Grifter is a great word for her.

The Hilton sisters are boring spice. Yeah Kyle we believe everything you say Obviously Ken was Kim's planted love interest Kim babbles like a moron. Here Kim let me help you - you have made an a## of yourself on national television so sis can keep hawking her book! Congrats you will never be winning an oscar!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:15 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,430,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
sorry, but I don't buy into this whole "disease" thing and "that's not me, it the disease" excuses. But people need to take responsibility for their own actions. alcoholism, drug addiction, sex addiction...
The disease of addiction has a biological component, that's why it's considered a disease. Most addicts are born with the genetic predisposition towards addiction (i.e. why Kim but not Kyle is an alcoholic) and the more a person abuses a substance, the more the drug use rewires the brain and their brain becomes hardwired to crave the drug. It becomes a drive, just like the drive to eat, have sex and drink when you're thirsty. Except, due to the genetic predisposition and the amount a person's brain is rewired, the drive to take in drugs is MUCH HIGHER than our basic, biological drives. If you've ever been really thirsty but unable to access water, this gives you an idea of what a craving is like for a user. Users have to struggle with these ongoing, persistant, chronic cravings for the rest of their lives and for many, the craving is too intense and it's just easier for them, in the moment, to give in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
When an addict tells me they are going to "try" I do this...

I drop a pencil on the floor. "Try" to pick up the pencil, I tell them. I always get the puzzled look. Then it dawns on them. You either pick it up or you don't. There is no such thing as "trying." Same goes for quitting whatever it is that you are abusing. You either stop it or you don't. You don't "try."
If only willpower was required to stop being an addict, no one would be an addict. LOL. Everyone would just stop using when they feel they've had too much. Much more goes into it than that.

Old 02-15-2012, 12:32 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,965,224 times
The irony that Kyle admittedly asked Kim to be on the show and then outed her own sisters addiction and wanted to keep people guessing about it is telling. I can't take them seriously! Kim picking up that baggie that gave an inference to previous meth or cocaine use in the limo after she couldn't get herself out of the bathroom moments earlier, with Ken on the way to Sur was so staged! The Hilton sisters should both be ashamed of themselves for making a serious addiction like substance abuse a laughing stock

Old 02-15-2012, 12:44 PM

1,178 posts, read 809,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The Dallas Morning News 'Real Housewives' star's troubled life played out on TV

"I know how it looks,” Armstrong said softly, referring to critics who argue that she's trying to capitalize on her estranged husband's death.

Her disclosures have elicited a strong response from Russell's family and friends, including some in his native North Texas. They are speaking out on his behalf, insisting there are inconsistencies in Taylor's stories and blaming the show for damaging his reputation before and after his death.

The show “completely defaced his character,” Laurie Ann Kelsoe, Russell's sister, told Drew Pinsky recently on his HLN show. “Shame on (Taylor) for doing this and for thinking that all he was was bad … if that's the case, then why did she stay there and spend his money?”
Russell wasn't forced to do the show. He knew what he was getting himself into, he signed a contract, and it just showed what a slug he really was and that is why he and his family were pissed. He has no one to blame but himself, that lowlife coward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV