U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-16-2012, 12:03 PM

2,959 posts, read 2,300,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I've never commented on that so please don't put words in my mouth... but I've heard Russell's ex also disagrees with Taylors characterization of Russell. I do think Taylor seems mighty capable of dishing it out!
I didn't put any words in your mouth. I asked you a question. Didn't really get an answer either.

Just because I believe Russell abused Taylor, doesn't mean that I think Taylor isn't capable of lying at times. You don't have to wear a halo to be a victim of abuse.

Even if no other evidence came to light ... the fact that two ex's charged him with violent abuse of themselves and his son, the ex-wife's testimony includes Russell's irrational jealousy and accusations, both ex's filed restraining orders, and a judge ordered him to anger management classes ... not to mention the documented abusive texts to Taylor ... well, that seals the deal for me as to his character.

The fact that he had been sued for his financial dealings in the past, and was being sued again for the same thing, does not speak well of him either.

The only thing I'm not sure of with Taylor is how much of a grifter she was. It's clear that Russell was one long before he met her.

There is information in the book about Taylor's having a successful textiles business before Russell, and how she became dependent on him with the loss of that business. Since Russell declared bankruptcy and Taylor had a credit score of 800, Russell started putting everything in her name. She says he was constantly giving her documents and checks to sign without providing any details.

While I do think she may have been complicit in lying to clients, there is no way to determine what extent, how much she knew, or what she thought about it. Was she a willing accomplice or was she motivated by fear? The court system will wrestle with that one.

I think that Russell did hide a hell of a lot from her, but I also think she knew more than she is saying.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:14 PM

3,321 posts, read 2,849,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I didn't put any words in your mouth. I asked you a question. Didn't really get an answer either.

Just because I believe Russell abused Taylor, doesn't mean that I think Taylor isn't capable of lying at times. You don't have to wear a halo to be a victim of abuse.

Even if no other evidence came to light ... the fact that two ex's charged him with violent abuse of themselves and his son, the ex-wife's testimony includes Russell's irrational jealousy and accusations, both ex's filed restraining orders, and a judge ordered him to anger management classes ... not to mention the documented abusive texts to Taylor ... well, that seals the deal for me as to his character.

The fact that he had been sued for his financial dealings in the past, and was being sued again for the same thing, does not speak well of him either.

The only thing I'm not sure of with Taylor is how much of a grifter she was. It's clear that Russell was one long before he met her.

There is information in the book about Taylor's having a successful textiles business before Russell, and how she became dependent on him with the loss of that business. Since Russell declared bankruptcy and Taylor had a credit score of 800, Russell started putting everything in her name. She says he was constantly giving her documents and checks to sign without providing any details.

While I do think she may have been complicit in lying to clients, there is no way to determine what extent, how much she knew, or what she thought about it. Was she a willing accomplice or was she motivated by fear? The court system will wrestle with that one.

I think that Russell did hide a hell of a lot from her, but I also think she knew more than she is saying.
You insinuated I don't believe Russell was abusive even after hearing of his ex's account etc. and I did answer to that.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:32 PM

2,959 posts, read 2,300,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
You insinuated I don't believe Russell was abusive even after hearing of his ex's account etc. and I did answer to that.
I asked a direct question. It had a question mark at the end, which means you get to say what you think in your own words. I honestly wanted to know.

Also, I didn't see your further words until I looked at your post a second time. Did you add them later?

Old 02-16-2012, 12:37 PM

11,996 posts, read 12,085,335 times
Quote:
She wrote a book and put her abusive marriage accusations out there for the world to hear and make judgments.

I would expect some responsibility, shes advocating for abused women. Thats the difference.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I asked a direct question. It had a question mark at the end, which means you get to say what you think in your own words. I honestly wanted to know.

Also, I didn't see your further words until I looked at your post a second time. Did you add them later?
I added my second paragraph. The first was there and I did answer you the way I wanted to. Deal with it - I've asked numerous questions that haven't been answered to my satisfaction.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:40 PM

9,436 posts, read 4,438,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Not to be a snotty b*tch but Bennetton is a great brand for middle class folks but it's no where near what you'd find at Bergdorf's or Henri Bendel. It was so weird she said that. She grew up in one of the world's fashion capitols and she doesn't have a clue of what was hot. Maybe she never actually went to her classmate's houses and guessed, IDK. I wouldn't be surprised if her story was as tweaked as Taylor's. If her father was rich why would she be living in a barely furnished home hanging on for dear life to this absentee fiancee?
Do they still even make Bennetton? I thought that was popular about 20 years ago.

Though I do enjoy watching the show from time to time - mostly it's just a bunch of spoiled, vapid, shallow women with nothing to worry about but their new shoes,jewelry, parties, and upcoming facelifts.

I will give Lisa a pass since she does seem to have a brain in her head.

The rest? Backstabbing shrews is how they come across lately.

Just my opinion of course.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:03 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,328,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Bennetton sweaters were a big deal in the eighties, they were looked upon much differently then they are now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yea, I remember that ... Bennetton was THE hip brand for high schoolers back in the day. As Kevin would say ... tres chi chi, bling bling!
This is not a statement on how popular they are with the larger population but with that specific multimillion dollar earning set. Benetton wasn't at the level of Chanel, Calvin Klein, Yves Saint Laurent, Azzedine Alaia, Issey Miyake, Missoni etc. or more teenage stuff like Betsey Johnson, Moschino. She's claiming to be running with the best of the best in NYC. Those are just a few of the top names of that era and their work blew Benetton and their mall fashions away. There objectively is no comparison. So with the middle class Benetton was the "chi chi best" but it couldn't hold a candle to the greatest designers and the rich buy the greatest because they can, it's pocket change to them.

There are mid level brands that make lots of noise because by sheer numbers of the middle class population, whatever they think is hot will get press. The top brands worn by kids at the top economic level aren't even advertised in most mags just the hard core fashion mags and lifestyle mags specifically targeting that demographic. They don't waste money on the other demographics because they can't afford to blow that much cash.

Also, these brands and high end chains have private showings of their collections--she wouldn't know that because she wouldn't have been invited to them. You have to be a regular consumer at that level and/or have the social connections to get one of those coveted invitations. The very elite have showings in their homes. I wouldn't bullsh*t you. If you can, go back a season or two into the Real Housewives of NYC and they have one or two episodes that feature women having an exclusive showing of a designer collection in her home. I think the brand was carried at Bergdorf's but don't quote me. Anyway, they racked up sales at that party and those women will tell friends and make the brand hot in their relatively small circle. The trick is that that small circle racks up some seriously big sales. That's how they get away with charging $20,000 for a gown--someone like Lisa (on RHWBH) can and will drop that. Middle class parents of the 80s weren't doing that, they weren't having exclusive showings because they can't but the very rich can. That's a world she and most folks just don't know much about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I don't know who did her makeup for the reunion, I hope she didn't pay for that Molly dolly mess.
Yup. That's my point. She doesn't have the knowledge and resources she pretends to have. The richest women have an assistant/stylist do their makeup and hair that's why they're always perfect. A first year makeup artist would know to put a concealer on that acne and a thick base on her for the intense lighting. You can't go on tv stage etc with over the counter foundation because the lights blast right on through that. Likely she did her own makeup. How does she have 25G for sunglasses and not a few hundred for a decent makeup artist??? They don't charge much really. She just not what she says she is. Maybe her guy is hella tight with her allowance or something, IDK.

Last edited by Ticatica; 02-16-2012 at 01:47 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 01:21 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,328,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do they still even make Bennetton? I thought that was popular about 20 years ago.

Though I do enjoy watching the show from time to time - mostly it's just a bunch of spoiled, vapid, shallow women with nothing to worry about but their new shoes,jewelry, parties, and upcoming facelifts.

I will give Lisa a pass since she does seem to have a brain in her head.

The rest? Backstabbing shrews is how they come across lately.

Just my opinion of course.
Girl, they still have them. I know I saw one on 48th and 5th Woman Which jacket shall i wear today? - the latest fashion trend for women | United Colors of Benetton

Old 02-16-2012, 04:14 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,003,764 times
Quote:
This seems to be directed at what I wrote about the book.

NO. Mark was not knocked unconscious during the fight, nor was Russell trying to drown him. Russell was only punching him. Russell wasn't in the pool until he threw Taylor in. It was Taylor whose head he pushed underwater. Russell left Taylor and went after Mark again as Mark was climbing out of the pool.

Your assumptions are wrong. Russell didn't throw the dog in till he caught up with Mark for the second time. (The dogs were barking.) Jennifer dove in and saved the dog. After Jennifer climbed out of the pool, she picked up a fire log to hit Russell with to stop him from punching her fiance.

I don't know about you, but I find it requires too many mental gymnastics to review a book I've never read. Probably not a good idea. Just saying.

I don't know who is reviewing the book or even mentioning that piece of garbage except you. We are referring to what we saw on the show, where she is being walked to the car, Russell jumps out of the bushes, and suddenly they are in the backyard, and she says that Russell threw the fiancee in the pool, threw the dog in the pool, and beat up the guy, and he had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance..... BUT , because Taylor is such an extrodinary person, they decide not to press charges, and the EMT people and the Drs at the hospital were probably mesmorized by her enough to violate their legal duty to report the incident.

The only thing the book info you provided revealed that a detective was apparently aware of the situation, but instead of pressing charges as required by law even WITHOUT the help of the victim, he must have been mesmorized by her enough to forget his legal duty, too.

Quote:

I'm surprised with all the analysis going on here, that no one has posted the letter from the CT scan that Taylor recently showed to document the orbital fracture. It's all over the Internet.

Y'all are slipping.
The report stated it was NOT an acute injury. Is that the reason she quickly pulled it off? An acute injury would indicate violence. Remember when she displayed all those pictures of the black eye and said Russell did that.... then everyone noticed the sharpie marks on her face, which indicate a planned procedure? Now, she admits the black eye was a result of the orbital surgery and NOT Russell's fist?

And about the texts.... I don't doubt that Russell send her a text calling her a ***** and psychotic. I think I would half expect that from MY husband if I went to Vegas without him being comfortable with it, "lost" my phone, and went to strip bars giving almost naked men lap dances and sitting on their package. Hell, I would have to agree. I think theirs was a very volatile relationship where they were BOTH physical and emotionally abusive to each other. I imagine most men married to promiscious, lying, messy drunk women who pout while sitting in suitcases and are physically aggressive at the drop of a hat probably tend to be controlling and jelous. What a mess!

And she tweets to herself, what makes you think she didn't text to herself, especially since at the time, NONE of the housewives believed her abuse claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
This is not a statement on how popular they are with the larger population but with that specific multimillion dollar earning set. .
I agree, Bennetton was popular with my upper middle class masses, but it certainly wasn't NY prep school standards. Maybe she was jelous of their play clothes?

Old 02-16-2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
I don't know who is reviewing the book or even mentioning that piece of garbage except you. We are referring to what we saw on the show, where she is being walked to the car, Russell jumps out of the bushes, and suddenly they are in the backyard, and she says that Russell threw the fiancee in the pool, threw the dog in the pool, and beat up the guy, and he had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance..... BUT , because Taylor is such an extrodinary person, they decide not to press charges, and the EMT people and the Drs at the hospital were probably mesmorized by her enough to violate their legal duty to report the incident.

The only thing the book info you provided revealed that a detective was apparently aware of the situation, but instead of pressing charges as required by law even WITHOUT the help of the victim, he must have been mesmorized by her enough to forget his legal duty, too.

The report stated it was NOT an acute injury. Is that the reason she quickly pulled it off? An acute injury would indicate violence. Remember when she displayed all those pictures of the black eye and said Russell did that.... then everyone noticed the sharpie marks on her face, which indicate a planned procedure? Now, she admits the black eye was a result of the orbital surgery and NOT Russell's fist?

And about the texts.... I don't doubt that Russell send her a text calling her a ***** and psychotic. I think I would half expect that from MY husband if I went to Vegas without him being comfortable with it, "lost" my phone, and went to strip bars giving almost naked men lap dances and sitting on their package. Hell, I would have to agree. I think theirs was a very volatile relationship where they were BOTH physical and emotionally abusive to each other. I imagine most men married to promiscious, lying, messy drunk women who pout while sitting in suitcases and are physically aggressive at the drop of a hat probably tend to be controlling and jelous. What a mess!

And she tweets to herself, what makes you think she didn't text to herself, especially since at the time, NONE of the housewives believed her abuse claims.

I agree, Bennetton was popular with my upper middle class masses, but it certainly wasn't NY prep school standards. Maybe she was jelous of their play clothes?
Amen and thanks for putting the energy in to what was beautifully said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.