Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
This whole gift bag thing ... when the freak did THAT START???? Seriously, I want to know because when I was a kid, the birthday child received the gifts and that was it ...slice of cake, some ice cream and that's it.
LOL!!! NO KIDDING!!!! I even HATED my kids getting these "goody bags" as it was usually a bunch of nothing. And for the one having to buy them to hand out...... it's not cheap. I'd buy a box of bandaids in whatever popular them there was at the time or theme of the party if they had them and split those up in the bags. I'd also buy some cute little toothbrushes for them. I'd do super easy things that are actually USEFUL! Maybe a small pack of gum or something and that would be it.

--------------------------------

Has anyone looked at the pictures of the Housewives on Bravo's website of "Before They were Housewives". Lisa and Adrienne seem to be VERY down to earth from day one. Oh, and there is a pick of Maurcio w/ his shirt off on the shots of Kyle........ (drooling).......

Old 01-11-2011, 06:39 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
I had a birthday party for my daughter at a pumpkin patch ... guess what the partygoers got to take home ... A PUMPKIN!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
oh my gawd...............Camille's gonna be on Watch What Happens this week. Some of the CD watchers should submit questions and see if they are asked to her
I think the questions can be asked via phone,email,twitter or Facebook.
Now....what would we like to ask........

I'm thinking MY question would never be submitted!!!!!

Can't wait to see her eyes swirling around in that brainless head.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,465,890 times
Quote:
This whole gift bag thing ... when the freak did THAT START???? Seriously, I want to know because when I was a kid, the birthday child received the gifts and that was it ...slice of cake, some ice cream and that's it.
I remember when I was little (40+ years ago) going to kids' b'day parties. You usually wouldn't get any kind of gift at all (except for your noisemaker that you could take home) but once in a while, the parents would give out those "Mr Fuzzy" or "Mr Wooly" things or a yo-yo or something like that. We thought it was the greatest thing going!! Now?? These kids expect "real" stuff in their gift bags! I don't know who started it, but I would love to sit down and have a few words with that person..... LOL!!!

My daughter only had 2 b'day parties --- one at 6 and one at 8. For the 6 years old party, I put a box of crayolas, a small coloring book, some little puzzle books, some candy, fun pencils, tattoos, etc. I felt like a cheap-o but that's all I could afford after paying for the party! For the 8 year old party, the place where we held it provided the gift bags.

I can't even imagine what parents have to put in gift bags for a Sweet 16 --- the gift bags alone probably cost about $50 each!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,610,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
oh my gawd...............Camille's gonna be on Watch What Happens this week. Some of the CD watchers should submit questions and see if they are asked to her

YES! I would love to blast her on her hypocritical finger pointing at Kyles friend (Faye?). PLEEAASSEE, I hope someone askes that and they air it!

Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,784,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
YES! I would love to blast her on her hypocritical finger pointing at Kyles friend (Faye?). PLEEAASSEE, I hope someone askes that and they air it!
my question would be regarding Nick!!!! She wouldn't wanna go there...
hell I betcha 3/4 of the questions will be blasting her. Bravo though could and probably will intercept and ask nicey,nice questions.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:05 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,628,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
You know Andy's hoping for it! He's probably chanting, "The morally corrupt Faye Resnick, the morally corrupt Faye Resnick" right this moment.

I have to give credit where it's due- no matter our differences, Camille unites us all.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:56 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times
Remember when the news came out that DingDong wanted to leave the show? It was right after the reunion show was taped. I bet Andy went after her like flies to poo and she couldn't handle it. She can't say that Andy is jealous of her! He's a guy. Can't wait for the reunion show!

Old 01-12-2011, 08:57 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,855,577 times
Quote:

OH! This could be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I can't even imagine what parents have to put in gift bags for a Sweet 16 --- the gift bags alone probably cost about $50 each!
As the mother of a 16 years and 12 day old girl....... at her "Sweet 16 - New Year's Eve Party" (yes, she was born on Dec. 31) all of her guests got to enjoy the company of our HOUSE! I provided snacks and punch a BEAUTIFUL cake (it was AWESOME!), some noisemakers to bring in the New Year and a thank you for coming. No "gift bags" for any of them.

Quote:
my question would be regarding Nick!!!! She wouldn't wanna go there...
hell I betcha 3/4 of the questions will be blasting her. Bravo though could and probably will intercept and ask nicey,nice questions.
HA!!! LOVE IT!!!! Oh, PLEASE send in and ask that. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Remember when the news came out that DingDong wanted to leave the show? It was right after the reunion show was taped. I bet Andy went after her like flies to poo and she couldn't handle it. She can't say that Andy is jealous of her! He's a guy. Can't wait for the reunion show!
That was/is my thinking as well. Then I read the blogs on Bravo's website yesterday. The Bravo crew for filming the BH housewives had a blog (pretty cool and a different perspective) and they said that the reunion was explosive (it is a two parter) and the one that got the most riled up was the one we would least expect.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:09 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,488,549 times
That was/is my thinking as well. Then I read the blogs on Bravo's website yesterday. The Bravo crew for filming the BH housewives had a blog (pretty cool and a different perspective) and they said that the reunion was explosive (it is a two parter) and the one that got the most riled up was the one we would least expect. [/quote]

Ooooooh. Lisa? Adrienne?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV