Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 07:48 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I don't think standing on a soapbox preaching reasons to not watch this or any other show on tv is necessary or needed. If someone doesn't want to watch--just don't. I don't need to hear the reasons why.
Fortunately, you don't have the power to deny free speech.

What you call "standing on a soapbox preaching", I call relating my sincere thoughts. There is no need for anyone to get defensive.

As I said "Your mileage may vary". TRANSLATION: You may feel differently than me.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Fortunately, you don't have the power to deny free speech.

What you call "standing on a soapbox preaching", I call relating my sincere thoughts. There is no need for anyone to get defensive.

As I said "Your mileage may vary". TRANSLATION: You may feel differently than me.

didn't "quote" you so seems like you're on the defense. It might help to look up at the thread title and to remember you're in the entertainment forum then realize you are OT. If you aren't going to watch the show any longer why are you still reading and responding?

Old 08-17-2011, 08:12 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
didn't "quote" you so seems like you're on the defense.

It might help to look up at the thread title and to remember you're in the entertainment forum then realize you are OT.

If you aren't going to watch the show any longer why are you still reading and responding?
Pippy, come on now.

It is clear as day that you were referencing my post and you know it. Everyone and their dog can see that. There was no other post that you could have been referring to where your snide remark would even make sense.

I was not off topic to talk about my feelings about the show. It pertains to the show. Everyone talks about their feelings about the show. Why are you so tied up in knots over mine?

Since that post, I have not posted anything further about the show itself. I said all I had to say. I have only responded to remarks made directly to me or about me.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 08-17-2011 at 09:16 PM..

Old 08-17-2011, 08:41 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Good time to post this excerpt out of the TOS:

Be civil, no personal attacks, flaming, or insults. We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website. This includes Direct Messages and Reputation Comments.

If you disagree with something, say so, but explain WHY.

Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,470,736 times
Has anyone heard any new news from Bravo regarding the airing of the new season? Or if they decided to cut out the Taylor scenes?

Not to sound selfish, but I want to see the RH of BH --- these other shows they're promoting (Dallas Eligible and some other one look like pure garbage)

Old 08-17-2011, 10:32 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Has anyone heard any new news from Bravo regarding the airing of the new season? Or if they decided to cut out the Taylor scenes?

Not to sound selfish, but I want to see the RH of BH --- these other shows they're promoting (Dallas Eligible and some other one look like pure garbage)

haven't heard any concrete decision. IMHO- Taylor adds nothing to the show so they could cut her out and go forward.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:02 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
Whoa, Russell Armstrong hung himself? Damn.

I think they should air the show exactly as they planned to. Respect for the family? Ha. Not with TMZ, E! News and all the other "entertainment news" shows that are out there as well as message boards like this one. How would airing RHOBH make it any worse? The skeletons are all out of the closet now. The people who care enough to talk about it (like us) are already talking about it. It's too late to save face or change anything. Russell knew that. That's why he hung himself.

Personally, I think it could serve as a cautionary tale to all women in abusive relationships to GET OUT before it's too late. To show one woman's struggle isn't a bad thing. By far, she's not the only woman going through this in her life, unfortunately, she just happens to be famous due to her new celebrity from appearing on the show.

Last edited by Violett; 08-17-2011 at 11:20 PM..

Old 08-18-2011, 12:15 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Has anyone heard any new news from Bravo regarding the airing of the new season?
The Hollywood Reporter is probably the best source for info on the future of the actual show. Most other media outlets are more interested in his death, and what may have caused it, and THR reports on that too - but as an industry paper, they also report on the show business side of the story.

Search Results - Russell Armstrong - The Hollywood Reporter

Here are some current highlights they've posted in the last two days...

Quote:
According to sources, the network is waiting at least 24 hours to make a decision about whether they'll postpone the show.
Quote:
It is unclear how extensively Russell Armstrong was to be featured in Season 2, which is scheduled to bow Sept. 5. Shooting has yet to wrap. But there were no shoots planned for this week, according to a Bravo spokesperson. Producers are still editing, and sources said before the news of Armstrong’s death that the network had ordered an additional four episodes, bringing the second-season total to 18.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:02 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,383,442 times
Saw this yesterday:
Russell Armstrong's Gay Secrets Were About To Be Exposed, Says Insider | Radar Online

And if Russell really was bisexual and feared that news getting out, then I feel even worse. Yeah, he put his life on there on TV but maybe he just didn't realize how exposed he could be or how far people could dig into his personal life. I dunno. Sounds stupid but I feel bad for him. He obviously just could not deal anymore.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:24 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,631,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Saw this yesterday:
Russell Armstrong's Gay Secrets Were About To Be Exposed, Says Insider | Radar Online

And if Russell really was bisexual and feared that news getting out, then I feel even worse. Yeah, he put his life on there on TV but maybe he just didn't realize how exposed he could be or how far people could dig into his personal life. I dunno. Sounds stupid but I feel bad for him. He obviously just could not deal anymore.
If this is true, it makes me wonder why they got married in the first place. I don't want to point fingers. If he was really was gay or bi did he know that then? Did he marry Taylor out of convenience? Did she marry him for the money he (may have) had then? Maybe that's why he was distant? Who knows.

Edit: Not saying Russell is right or wrong, nor is Taylor right or wrong. Just thinking out loud and wondering. Maybe that's why he was the way he was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV