Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip8056 View Post
As for Kim- she put on some weight and does look better. Her saying that "she'll never forgive Brandi because what she did to her family" is ridiculous.
I guess she didn't learn that much from rehab I love how she said at least she kept trying (repeated rehab). She did seem as if she was still slurrrrrrrrring her words during the interview She doesn't want to own up to her own behavior. "That was not me" - really - who was it

I don't care what Dana-Pam has to say - she is still a materialistic @&%

I don't believe anything Trailor has to say either If she was being monitored like she stated by Russell and she still stayed - who was the bigger fool

Old 02-14-2012, 11:43 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,405,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
you actually paid money for it????
and.....uh,thanks but NO thanks
Didn't plan to buy it whatsoever, but got more interested after I started reading the excerpts on Amazon. And it was interesting to me because there was an abusive person in my family that I no longer talk to.

Saw a lot of similarities.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,325 times
I am familiar with the school Pam mentioned, Nightengale-Bamford, and it is NOT the #3 school in the country. It's not even number 3 in NYC, but it is a fancy private school. I'll give her that much.

I thought the interaction between Kim and Kyle seemed authentic, but I think I'm alone on this one.

I think Kim is more than just an alcoholic. She has a pill problem, no doubt, and if she is like most addicts, she will replace her primary addiction with a second one. If not pills, then with food or pot or shopping, etc. I think she's a sad person. As with most addicts, she is self-medicating. Behind most alcoholics you will find someone with an anxiety or depressive disorder.

I have no idea what bee crawled into Adrienne's bonnet, but she seems cranky and bitter.

I don't think Kyle is as bad as everyone else does.

It's hard to look at Taylor. She's an opportunist and fake.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:08 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I am familiar with the school Pam mentioned, Nightengale-Bamford, and it is NOT the #3 school in the country. It's not even number 3 in NYC, but it is a fancy private school. I'll give her that much.

I thought the interaction between Kim and Kyle seemed authentic, but I think I'm alone on this one.

I think Kim is more than just an alcoholic. She has a pill problem, no doubt, and if she is like most addicts, she will replace her primary addiction with a second one. If not pills, then with food or pot or shopping, etc. I think she's a sad person. As with most addicts, she is self-medicating. Behind most alcoholics you will find someone with an anxiety or depressive disorder.

I have no idea what bee crawled into Adrienne's bonnet, but she seems cranky and bitter.

I don't think Kyle is as bad as everyone else does.

It's hard to look at Taylor. She's an opportunist and fake.
Nope you are not alone...I always thought Kyle cared alot for her sister and just tried to help her. Kyle knew what was going on and was desperatley trying to fix it and everyone else took it as her being mean and overbearing. I took it as love. Having a couple of addicts in my family and being in Kyle's position myself, I know what its like and my siblings and I have been the same. It makes you upset, angry and frustrated. I get it. I have always liked Kyle. She is the most real of them all. Still can't figure out why some give Brandi kudos for her honesty yet bash Kyle for doing it. Oh well. Kim admitted she was still taking medication that was prescribed by the treatment center, but she did look much healthier. I wish Andy would have asked her about Ken, but she was clearly upset seeing the clips with him in it.

Yes Adrienne...something is up with her and Lisa. I wish Andy would have dug a little deeper into that one.

Well, I am not on the Taylor hater bandwagon. She has been through hell and back and while she may have married for money (like lots of people do) I think she got herself in way too deep and just couldn't figure a way out. No one wants to be in that situation nor deserves to be, and of course she felt if she left him she would have nowhere to go and no money. That is a scary thought when you ahve a child to care for. She was scared for her life and her daughter's. Bottom line, the guy was a piece of crap who abused his wife,, former girlfriends and his children and bullied the people around him. The only good thing he ever did was kill himself and rid the world of some scum. Do I think he was murdered as Taylor does? Who knows. Maybe she has more information than she is allowed to talk about. We don't know. What I do know is Taylor seems less afraid, and more confident, free and alot happier and healthier. She is doing what she can to survive so she can raise her daughter. I am happy she has a chance to move on and hope she will not make the same mistake again.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:27 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Hi. I quit commenting in this thread months ago after Russell died.

I'm here to offer Taylor's book to anyone who wants it. I can mail it to you at no charge. It was interesting to read, but I don't particularly want to keep it. If interested, send me a direct message and your address.

BTW ... the text above is incorrect. Taylor paid $10,000 to replace the guy's teeth and they did not part ways amicably.

The couple's names are Mark and Jennifer. Mark was taken away in an ambulance. The couple was furious, especially Jennifer. In the days following the incident, they repeatedly said they were going to press charges and Jennifer told Taylor that "Mark's going to bury Russell."

Jennifer was furious not only at Russell, but at Taylor also for drawing them into her marital problems and allowing it to affect everyone else. She was angry as hell that they had tried to help Taylor and ended up getting attacked for it. Taylor begged her repeatedly not to press charges because Russell would end up in jail and she and Kennedy would be destitute.

As for the dog, it was a Pit Bull and it was mentioned that they can't swim. The dog sank like a rock and Jennifer dove in to rescue it.

Taylor did receive a bunch of phone calls from a female police detective because Jennifer told the officer that Russell had tried to kill (drown) Taylor. The detective told her they were required to investigate, but Taylor said she was fine.

Eventually, Jennifer decided not to press charges as a favor to Taylor. But she told Taylor she thought Russell would end up killing her someday, and that he was psychotic and had a mental illness.

Evidently, Russell really liked pools. There is another story in the book where he tried to drown a man he was doing business with because he was angry at him.

Anyway, who wants the book?
Did you get this information from the book? Do you really think someone would call the detective to let them know about what almost happened to Taylor, while not pressing charges for their broken teeth? The reason the abuse sounds familiar, is that she volunteers at a shelter and read up on it extensively, which is why she can quote statistics from the top of her head, but can't seem to get the actual details of her stories down.

As far as the book, no thanks, I like my fiction written above a third grade level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I guess she didn't learn that much from rehab I love how she said at least she kept trying (repeated rehab). She did seem as if she was still slurrrrrrrrring her words during the interview She doesn't want to own up to her own behavior. "That was not me" - really - who was it

I don't care what Dana-Pam has to say - she is still a materialistic @&%

I don't believe anything Trailor has to say either If she was being monitored like she stated by Russell and she still stayed - who was the bigger fool
I agree.... sorry, but I don't buy into this whole "disease" thing and "that's not me, it the disease" excuses. But people need to take responsibility for their own actions. alcoholism, drug addiction, sex addiction..... why don't we excuse pedophiles from their action, I'm sure they can't help themselves either. Don't get me wrong, I do sympathize, but I think its more of a personal issue and self control issue, and those are hard things to overcome, as are many other issues. I don't like how I act sometimes either, how easy would it be to say, "that's not me" and move on. It's harder to face... Ugh.. look at me, what have I become.... its going to change, now!

Yeah, Dana seems like a waste of oxygen. She's not intresting in the least... funny how she is such a wannabe, and she was brought on the show by the other wannabe. snoozefest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
What I do know is Taylor seems less afraid, and more confident, free and alot happier and healthier.
Did she seem to lack some confidence as she pranced on the table at Kennedy's birthday party that first season, getting tons of pictures of herself while Kennedy his in a corner. Or was she lacking confidence and freedom when she returned the dog Russell got Kennedy, because she was upset it overshadowed her stupid diamond necklace that Kennedy could care less about. Or was her lack of confidence and freedom when she showed up at a party where her husband was not welcome, ready to party the night away with her husband's enemies. Oh, wait, her lack of confidence and freedom must have been while lap dancing on some strippers **** in Vegas, while her husband attempted to call her "lost" phone.

But yes, she does seem very happy now. I guess grave dancing does that for you.... I wouldn't know.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:26 PM

346 posts, read 498,076 times
Quote:

I agree- it looks like she has a ton more work to do if she just talks about "trying" and wants a pat on the back for it. In addition to not owning the crap behavior. She sounded like an 8 year old forced to apologize for the crutches. Also agree about the "that's not me" thing... she's still deep in denial, but it being a disease doesn't excuse her. Blaming Brandi for making her look bad and her kids being embarassed? You did that all yourself, sweet cheeks.

I do believe Taylor was abused, but her stories just keep sounding more & more outlandish. How in the world did Russell, this wormy looking 5'8" dude take on 2 women, a guy and a pitbull and throw them all in the pool??? Were they all standing in line waiting to be thrown in? It sounds like a Scooby Doo cartoon. And an ambulance supposedly came for the guy when Russell struck him. How were the cops not called then? I don't get it.

Last edited by catnip8056; 02-14-2012 at 03:08 PM..

Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
No one has to press charges if the assailant is deemed a public menace.
Taylor is so full of crizzap.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:37 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I must add that Kim's claim that rehab prescribed her meds is suspect at best. Even if that is true I am sure that the medication that they or another doc prescribed does not make her slur her words like that. She's full of it.

When an addict tells me they are going to "try" I do this...

I drop a pencil on the floor. "Try" to pick up the pencil, I tell them. I always get the puzzled look. Then it dawns on them. You either pick it up or you don't. There is no such thing as "trying." Same goes for quitting whatever it is that you are abusing. You either stop it or you don't. You don't "try."

Old 02-14-2012, 02:40 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
When an addict tells me they are going to "try" I do this...

I drop a pencil on the floor. Try to pick up the pencil, I tell them. I always get the puzzled look. Then it dawns on them. You either pick it up or you don't. There is no such thing as "trying." Same goes for quitting whatever it is that you are abusing. You either stop it or you don't. You don't "try."
Kim is from the try, try, try again school of not actually trying.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:47 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
The Dallas Morning News 'Real Housewives' star's troubled life played out on TV

"I know how it looks,” Armstrong said softly, referring to critics who argue that she's trying to capitalize on her estranged husband's death.

Her disclosures have elicited a strong response from Russell's family and friends, including some in his native North Texas. They are speaking out on his behalf, insisting there are inconsistencies in Taylor's stories and blaming the show for damaging his reputation before and after his death.

The show “completely defaced his character,” Laurie Ann Kelsoe, Russell's sister, told Drew Pinsky recently on his HLN show. “Shame on (Taylor) for doing this and for thinking that all he was was bad … if that's the case, then why did she stay there and spend his money?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV