Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2010, 12:51 PM

621 posts, read 1,207,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlblueyes View Post
I haven't watched BB since maybe season 1. I watched Thursday night's episode but I didn't realize how many nights a week this show comes on. Quite a committment!!!!

Is it necessary to watch live feeds/ etc to understand what is going on with the show? Or can I just watch the 4 or however many shows each week?
I never watch the live feeds. So maybe I'm not as obsessed with the show as I thought. But I also see no point in paying to access them. Plus, I don't generally like spoilers before the actual show airs. However, to answer your question, I don't think you'd need to watch the live feeds in order to understand what's going on, because the different episodes usually recap what happened during the week anyway. Unless you're an absolute voyeur, I think the 3 weekly episodes are enough. If you haven't watched since Season 1, you really should start watching again. There are different positions the houseguests can hold, such as HOH (Head of Household), along with winning POV (Power of Veto, meaning you can override an HOH's nomination), etc. You might find it much more interesting than the first season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 03:55 PM

874 posts, read 1,657,222 times
I have a pretty good memory for faces and names, so I think I have them all memorized. My mom on the other hand has difficulty with doing that and sometimes we've been watching a show (usually not BB because it airs so many times that I think she remembers the names) for half a season and she still doesn't know the names. I also have a pretty good memory for memorizing the names of celebrities too.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:18 AM

10,160 posts, read 11,137,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlblueyes View Post
I haven't watched BB since maybe season 1. I watched Thursday night's episode but I didn't realize how many nights a week this show comes on. Quite a committment!!!!

Is it necessary to watch live feeds/ etc to understand what is going on with the show? Or can I just watch the 4 or however many shows each week?
The live feeds show more than what's aired... You might see more fighting, gossiping, etc.

One has to remember - the show when aired is edited as well.

I haven't gotten the feeds yet, as I do every season. I just want to get a feel of the house guests first.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:31 PM

24,869 posts, read 24,344,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
The live feeds show more than what's aired... You might see more fighting, gossiping, etc.

One has to remember - the show when aired is edited as well.

I haven't gotten the feeds yet, as I do every season. I just want to get a feel of the house guests first.

The problem is, they are telling everyone in the house that showtime is about to start airing. So we enter this period of "hide everything when on TV" mode, for about the first 30 days. Then they start forgetting the cameras, and they get more relaxed.

Really, the middle time is the best for live shows. At the end its pretty boring, and everyone knows where the game is going. In the beginning, they are all being to cautious.

Personally, I think BBAD on showtime should just show the best highlights of the day, unedited, with some live stuff thrown in if it gets interesting.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:46 PM

I have to agree with Memphis 1979. The only time I enjoy watching BBAD at the end is if my alliance or favorite members have made it to the end.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:50 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,810,083 times
Major love for Annie: "I'm the cream in the scientific cookie" .....

Old 07-11-2010, 07:09 PM

I would have rather
Spoiler
Kathy
went up, but Hayden made a pretty logical decision.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:51 PM

44,593 posts, read 61,419,964 times
I'd like to see someone start a POLL listing all the players to see who posters would vote for as their pick for the 'Saboteur'.
Then when the mole is revealed see how many got it right.
My vote at the moment would be Enzo from Jersey. He's been playing it too cool and flying under the radar at the moment.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:43 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,240,960 times
I'm beginning to think the saboteur is really Kathy. She either sucks at all the competitions or she is trying to purposely lose.
She bugs me more than Rachel, although Rachel is really annoying with her dumb act. Right now, I dont care who goes, don't know them all enough yet.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:58 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,455,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I'm beginning to think the saboteur is really Kathy. She either sucks at all the competitions or she is trying to purposely lose.
She bugs me more than Rachel, although Rachel is really annoying with her dumb act. Right now, I dont care who goes, don't know them all enough yet.
I originally said it was Enzo (it's like a bad actor trying out for the remake of GoodFella's), but I really started questioning Kathy last night when she all but took a nap in the molasses during the competition. Could anyone really be that slow?

Do any of you know if the losers really have to sleep in the "Have Not Room"? It's pretty nasty this year. Live bugs?! Yikes!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV