Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 05:29 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
The judges didn't like Ashleigh and Legacy's second routine. No chemistry. Nigel let the choreographer know and told the pair he understand they had to perform what they were given. Legacy wore a cape and it was very distracting. I hope they're safe.
Nathan and Catherine's second routine was a rhumba. I thought it was okay. Nathan was a little too phony for me with the crying over his parents. Nigel commented that Nathan was a polarizing figure.
Ellenore and Jakub - contemporary. I like anything Jakub does. IMHO - he's the best male dancer.
The hit of the night in the judge's eyes were Mollee and Russell's second routine. They got a standing ovation from all three judges. I forget the style. It was choreographed (the one with the mohawk). She's one of my favorites. The judges are calling them the new "dream team". Russell is my favorite male dancer personality wise and he improves every week.
I wish the judges would stop that nonsense.
IMHO - all the routines were entertaining last night. Legacy and Ashleigh are in same boat Ryan and Ellenore were in a few weeks ago - bad costume and bad routine. Ashleigh and Catherine are my favorite female dancers now.
I thought Ellenore and Jakub did Sonya's routine and Mollee and Russell did the contemporary. Ellenore/Jakub got a standing ovation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 06:00 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
I just watched it today and it's Ellenore and Jacob with the great dance by Sonya. It was really amazing. That's the only dance you need to watch from last night.

Old 12-02-2009, 06:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
Oops. You guys are right. I usually write everything down, but didn't last night.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:49 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,319,638 times
Well Nathan is gone finally, so I'm happy. I was a little surprised to see Noelle go but it's going to be more and more difficult now to see anyone go now, anyway.
Tigerlily, I agree about Jakob being the best male dancer - he's great at anything he does.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:09 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I was really surprised to hear the judges admonish the choreographers for giving the dancers bad routines. I don't remember them doing that in the past. But they were right. The routine with Legacy and the cape was laughable. He is a break dancer and people want to see him shine!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:18 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
I agree about the judges' chiding the choreographers for the first time. The cape was ridiculous. You couldn't even see Legacy's arms. Ryan and Ellenore had the same experience with those white space suits a couple weeks ago and the judges should have admonished the choreographer, then too. Instead, they blame the couple.
The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers made me stand up and cheer last night. The routine was just amazing, and IMO the best professional perfomance so far. It seemed like they were floating on air. Snoop Dog's dancers had a tough act to follow. LOL.
Clip:
Jon M Chu and his Legion of Extraordinary Dancers, appeared on*Fox’s So You Think You Can Dance and blew everyone away.
The team of dancers led my Chu the Creator of LXD, are also set to debut on select video destinations in 2010. The announcement made by Paramount Digital Entertainment and Agility Studios.
Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. » Los Angeles Public Relations

Old 12-03-2009, 10:55 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
I would have been very upset to see Kathryn leave, I'm glad that didn't happen. Kathryn and Ellenor are my favorites girls this season, I'm not that impressed with the most of the guys this season, but Jakob is pretty amazing. It was definitely Nathan's time to go, he's very lucky he made it into the tour, he didn't make the best of this amazing opportunity, he has a lot of growing up to do.

The choreographers should be held accountable for lackluster work, they are being showcased here almost as much as the dancers. They get the praise when it's good, they should hear the constructive criticism when it's not, that will only make them better.

Last edited by detshen; 12-03-2009 at 11:44 AM..

Old 12-03-2009, 02:53 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
I too, was shocked to see Kathryn in the bottom two! Her and Ellanore are my faves folowed by Ashleigh, then Mollee.

I didn't really like Nathan, but I think he was a stronger dancer than Ryan. Ryans solo? I did not like it.

Jakob is the best of anyone, IMO.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:06 PM

843 posts, read 1,431,763 times
Kathryn doesn't have much of a personality IMO and I think that is one reason why people don't vote for her, my included.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Lol you guys actually vote? I never have! I don't watch it live tho either, but still, I've never voted on any show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV